5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Update to my previous post. Was able to negotiate them to 65,700 OTD. They insist there is no more money to be had in the deal. That puts this at 18.1% off MSRP. Not exactly satisfied as it's still a 2020. Aiming to be at least 20% off.

I have been trying all day to get the pop-up to come up with no luck: clearing cookies, VPNs, Firefox, Chrome, Macbook, nothing.

If someone is able to enter my email into the pop-up, I'll PayPal you a healthy tip :)
-> [email protected]
I was able to get the coupon for several forum members. However, the Pop-Up disappeared on the 31st and hasn't come back...I think it's gone :(

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
2021 rebel eco diesel.
Rebel12a
Level 2
Trailer tow group
Bed utility group
Night edition
Dual plane sunroof
Spray bed liner
Blind spot/cross
On demand transfer case

msrp 66k
Paid 54k with dealer paid 10 year paint and interior protection plan.

Attachments

• 359FB130-7D8B-427B-A7F5-61E9E326F707.jpeg
    359FB130-7D8B-427B-A7F5-61E9E326F707.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 36

PHX396

Reaction score
I know this is price for vehicle forum but we are also talking about warranties. I have done a lot of research on them and Chrysler warranty max care covers 5,400 components. Dealer is a Berkshire Hathaway dealer and offer and MPP warranty that covers all 12,000 components in the truck. Electrical, mechanical gaskets. Pretty much everything since there is no more bumper to bumper warranty. It is the Platinum plan from MPP. Haven’t seen anyone discuss it here .

AK103

Reaction score
I know this is price for vehicle forum but we are also talking about warranties. I have done a lot of research on them and Chrysler warranty max care covers 5,400 components. Dealer is a Berkshire Hathaway dealer and offer and MPP warranty that covers all 12,000 components in the truck. Electrical, mechanical gaskets. Pretty much everything since there is no more bumper to bumper warranty. It is the Platinum plan from MPP. Haven’t seen anyone discuss it here .

I personally wouldn't mess with an aftermarket warranty.
Maxcare or bust.

rtslab

Reaction score
I recently bought a factory order 2021 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition from Mark Dodge (Monotone Diamond Black, Rear Wheelhouse-Liners, Laramie Level 1, 5.7L V8 w/o eTorque, Anti-Spin Differential, 3.92 Axle Ratio, 33-Gallon Fuel Tank). Mostly dealt with Aaron Ginsburgh. Working with Aaron was amazing. No games, no negotiating, and no hidden fees. When I ordered Aaron guaranteed me $7,590 in dealer discount plus the $200 doc fee, $15 notary fee, and $4 temp tag ($49,869 plus the factory rebates at time of arrival before TTL). For a factory order, I considered that a great deal (better than any other dealership I had contacted) and put in my order on 11/23/20. Aaron figured it would take 8-12 weeks to arrive, so I was hoping for good factory incentives in January or February when it arrived. Ram got the truck done way sooner than expected and it arrived on 12/30/20. Aaron had already offered me a price below Employee Pricing and the December incentives were not great ($1,000 consumer cash). However, they wanted to get a deal done before 2021 so they offered me an even bigger discount of $12,000 plus incentives! I believe this was a combination of employee pricing and dealership discount, as I signed the paperwork for employee pricing. But other dealerships I had spoken with refused to combine their discount with employee pricing. It was one or the other. So to get both was an amazing deal to me. The paperwork from Mark Dodge did not breakdown that $12,000 in discounts so I have no idea how much was from Ram and how much was from Mark Dodge. I do know that employee pricing on the build sheet was $6,864 below MSRP. From what I have read online it sounds like employee pricing is partly reimbursed by Ram and partly comes from the dealership. I broke down the discount as "Employee Pricing" and "Dealer Discount" below but I'm not 100% sure that is correct. In any case, it was $12,000 off combined. I also had the RAM $1,500 Pop-Up Bonus Cash code and received the December $1,000 Consumer Cash. Combined that was $14,500 off of MSRP! If had financed with Chrysler Capital I could have received another $500 incentive but I preferred to get a lower rate with another bank. I had already been pre-approved for an amazing rate with a local credit union and that was the best rate I could find. Aaron's finance guys found a bank that would beat that rate! I ended up with just over 25% off of MSRP and an amazing interest rate. This was my first new car purchase and I could not be happier with how it turned out. Now I know I lucked out by having my truck arrive just before the end of the year when dealerships are trying to meet quotas and I doubt even Mark Dodge could normally give people that discount. However, I have consistently seen on this forum that Mark Dodge has the best prices and some of the lowest dealership fees ($200 doc fee, $15 notary fee, $4 temp tag). Any of the other dealerships that can get prices near Mark Dodge seem to have high dealership fees nearing $900 or try to double charge the destination fee. I cannot recommend Mark Dodge enough. Even if you don't get the deal I got, you will get a great price from them. And you won't have to deal with a bunch of games. I live in Idaho, so I am going to have to get my truck shipped but the cost of that pales in comparison to the savings I received by buying from Mark Dodge. I will give an update with pictures when my truck arrives.

MSRP $57,240.00
Dealer Discount $5,136.00
Employee Pricing Discount $6,864.00
December Ram Consumer Cash $1,000.00
Ram Pop-Up Bonus Cash $1,500.00
Cost Before TTL $42,740.00
Total Discount $14,500.00
Percentage Off MSRP 25.33%
Idaho Tax $2,976.24
Idaho Title $19.00
Idaho Registration $55.05
Idaho License Plate $69.00
Notary Fee $15.00
Temp Tag Fee $4.00
Document and Compliance Fee $200.00
Out the Door Cost $45,666.45
How much do they charge shipping your truck to Idaho as I did not see it is listed there?

muzikmafiatim

Reaction score
purchased my 2019 Ram Limited pretty loaded up. Sticker was 68k. Purchased it during Truck Month. Dealer took 20k off of sticker knocking it down to 48k, traded my 2009 Ram in on it and ended up walking out of the dealer with a brand new loaded ram for less than 40k.

This is my 4th Ram truck and by far the best deal I have every got.

kooz21

Reaction score
I’m looking for some feedback from those of you who purchased from Lakeland. Were you able to get them to come down on the fees? My quote has a $998 dealer fee and $598 in “non tax fees.”

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I’m looking for some feedback from those of you who purchased from Lakeland. Were you able to get them to come down on the fees? My quote has a $998 dealer fee and $598 in “non tax fees.”
I actually didn’t even try as a I was happy with the price they gave me. It was far better than I did anywhere else in the Central Florida area with that fee. I’m interested to know if anyone negotiated them off that fee and saved another $500-$900! Maybe AK103 will chime in as he referred me to Lakeland.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think your analysis is correct. The MAX CARE plan covers everything minus wear and tear items and things like glass. It's more like "what's not covered" versus "what is covered". I would NEVER buy a third-party warranty...period. I was burned in the past by a highly reputable A+ rated company and learned my lesson. I hope you don't learn yours the hard way ;)

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Just purchased my 3rd Ram 1500, a 2020 big horn crew cab with Ram boxes. 4wd, level 2 equipment package, anti-spin rear differential, hemi with etorque, Ram box, unconnected 4c with navigation, 20 inch wheels with chrome clad, blind spot and cross path detection, trail brake control, 26 gallon gas tank and chrome step rails. MSRP $54980 discounted price was $46,000 or roughly 16.5% discount. This dealership was easy to work with. They have serviced my other truck and took good care of it. Also they offer free oil and tire rotations for first few years. I wish I had gotten closer to 20% but it’s hard to find a Ram box on a big horn around here. I had been looking for months. Got financing thru credit union for 2.5% for 60 months. Purchased max care 8yr/125k warranty through Ziegler which cost me $2,350. I didn’t even ask the dealership about the warranty as I knew they would not come close to Ziegler’s price. As I mentioned this is my third Ram. 1st was a 2003 quad, 2nd was a 2009 crew with Ram boxes- I purchased my first extended warranty from Ziegler on this one. It was one of those lifetime ones they do not offer anymore. I tend to hand onto my vehicles so the warranty makes sense for me. On the 2009, it paid for itself as the a/c and then there was a fuel issue that required a new gas tank and fue, pump. So absolutely I was purchasing another maxcare warranty. I had zero issues using it in the past.

Attachments

• EB6DF3D0-ED7B-4A2D-A729-FFD91F33C140.jpeg
    EB6DF3D0-ED7B-4A2D-A729-FFD91F33C140.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 25

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Just purchased my 3rd Ram 1500, a 2020 big horn crew cab with Ram boxes. 4wd, level 2 equipment package, anti-spin rear differential, hemi with etorque, Ram box, unconnected 4c with navigation, 20 inch wheels with chrome clad, blind spot and cross path detection, trail brake control, 26 gallon gas tank and chrome step rails. MSRP $54980 discounted price was $46,000 or roughly 16.5% discount. This dealership was easy to work with. They have serviced my other truck and took good care of it. Also they offer free oil and tire rotations for first few years. I wish I had gotten closer to 20% but it’s hard to find a Ram box on a big horn around here. I had been looking for months. Got financing thru credit union for 2.5% for 60 months. Purchased max care 8yr/125k warranty through Ziegler which cost me $2,350. I didn’t even ask the dealership about the warranty as I knew they would not come close to Ziegler’s price. As I mentioned this is my third Ram. 1st was a 2003 quad, 2nd was a 2009 crew with Ram boxes- I purchased my first extended warranty from Ziegler on this one. It was one of those lifetime ones they do not offer anymore. I tend to hand onto my vehicles so the warranty makes sense for me. On the 2009, it paid for itself as the a/c and then there was a fuel issue that required a new gas tank and fue, pump. So absolutely I was purchasing another maxcare warranty. I had zero issues using it in the past.
Forgot rubber floor mats, which I must say are the best factory ones I have even seen!

Jaspittman

Reaction score
This is my first post and let me say thank all who have contributed to this thread.

Im coming from a 2016 f150 that meet an untimely end from someone that thought it was ok to text and drive while on the highway. He was doing 65 i was in standstill traffic. My ford ended up about 1' shorter after being rear ended.

I initial thought i stumbled on the deal of a lifetime (about 10% off msrp) until i read all the posts hear. After realizing what was achievable i ended up with:

2021 Ram Rebel, level 2, tech group, advanced safety group, 12a,

MSRP: $63,525
Sale $: $ 57,397.33
Filing Fee $22
Doc Fee $599
Rebate: -$7996.33
Total: $50,022 before TTL

Ended up with 21.2% off

Bob Allen in KY was great to deal with. And the HUD and 360 camera is awsome on the rebel.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is my first post and let me say thank all who have contributed to this thread.

Im coming from a 2016 f150 that meet an untimely end from someone that thought it was ok to text and drive while on the highway. He was doing 65 i was in standstill traffic. My ford ended up about 1' shorter after being rear ended.

I initial thought i stumbled on the deal of a lifetime (about 10% off msrp) until i read all the posts hear. After realizing what was achievable i ended up with:

2021 Ram Rebel, level 2, tech group, advanced safety group, 12a,

MSRP: $63,525
Sale $: $ 57,397.33
Filing Fee $22
Doc Fee $599
Rebate: -$7996.33
Total: $50,022 before TTL

Ended up with 21.2% off

Bob Allen in KY was great to deal with. And the HUD and 360 camera is awsome on the rebel.
Congrats on the new ride my friend and welcome to the Forum!

dartbrooks

Reaction score
How much is shipping from Louisiana to Idaho?

rtslab also asked this question. I don't know yet. Aaron posts it on a bidding site so I don't have the final price. You pay on delivery. I will fly down and drive back if it ends up being too much. Way cheaper that way, but work is pretty busy so shipping would be easier if the price is reasonable. I will post again once I know the price of shipping.​

jimrody

Reaction score
First post ever on this website. First new car and first truck I have ever owned.

Louisville/Cincinnati area

Night Edition RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4. Granite Crystal Exterior. Black Interior Color. 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine. Limited Level 1 Equipment Group. Technology Group Head–Up Display. Multi–Function Tailgate. 33–Gallon Fuel Tank. 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio. Electronic Locking Rear Axle. 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Black Aluminum Wheels. Trailer–Tow Group

$75,185 MSRP
$65,719 cash price
$3000 rebates

$62,179 price before taxes and fees
I bought the same truck in Bright White
68,450. with tax, plate, ..

Last edited:

Knottfrank

Reaction score
2021 Rebel w Rebel 1 pack and night edition. Regular 5.7L V8 engine. MSRP of $55.8k.

Went to a good dealership in Houston that has a reputation for selling a lot of cars for cheaper but apparently their service department is no good. Dealer discount with rebates I qualified for was roughly $51k. Got additional money off due to my employer with that number. Trade in value of my old car at $3k. Worked them down another $3k to $45k even and to throw in a spray in bed liner.

jenkinsinc

Reaction score
Whats you guys take on this deal?? I need complete feed back.... so please explain why this is or isn't a good deal. I'm on the fence and have about an hour to decide.

Attachments

• Resized_20210104_141629.jpeg
    Resized_20210104_141629.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread