5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Whats you guys take on this deal?? I need complete feed back.... so please explain why this is or isn't a good deal. I'm on the fence and have about an hour to decide.
What is the MSRP? If $55,000 is 17% or more off the MSRP you have a decent deal. What is the GPS charge?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Whats you guys take on this deal?? I need complete feed back.... so please explain why this is or isn't a good deal. I'm on the fence and have about an hour to decide.
The deal would look a TON better without that $1899 GPS line item. What in the **** is that for and can you get it removed???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They won't remove its.... and its a gimmick to get you to buy the knockoff LoJack service with it.
Are they really going to let you walk on this truck by not negotiating on the outrageous GPS charge? If so, then look elsewhere. If you're in love with the truck and OK at a 15% deal, then only you can make that call.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is it? That would make sense but I have seen Market Value number and a different MSRP number listed before.
If the MSRP is $64,490 that would be 14.71% off.
You typically only ever see the two being different is when there is a HOT vehicle...like a TRX...with a market adjustment.

jenkinsinc

Reaction score
Are they really going to let you walk on this truck by not negotiating on the outrageous GPS charge? If so, then look elsewhere. If you're in love with the truck and OK at a 15% deal, then only you can make that call.
Thanks Securityguy and everyone else for your quick feed back... I'm going to walk... they just had a record breaking month and have no incentive to negotiate any further. Ill wait for the next sale.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks Securityguy and everyone else for your quick feed back... I'm going to walk... they just had a record breaking month and have no incentive to negotiate any further. Ill wait for the next sale.
I'd call tomorrow and ask for the General Sales Manager and see if he's willing to change his mind ;) I cannot believe they'll let you walk over an $1899 line item that cost them, maybe $299???

ny2az

Reaction score
Hey All,...
just want to post my recent deal l'm completing ... trading in my 2020 Limited 4x2 with 8,000 miles for a new yet to be delivered 2021 Limited 4x4 with technology group ... my 2020 msrp was $64,880 and the 2021 msrp is $70,855 ... with trade in and doc fee and difference in sales tax ...grand total $6,133.72 ... l think thats a great deal ... what you all think???

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey All,...
just want to post my recent deal l'm completely ... trading in my 2020 Limited 4x2 with 8,000 miles for a new yet to be delivered 2021 Limited 4x4 with technology group ... my 2020 msrp was $64,880 and the 2021 msrp is $70,855 ... with trade in and doc fee and difference in sales tax ...grand total $6,133.72 ... l think thats a great deal ... what you all think???
Without what the bottom line sales price is on the new truck (without TTT and fees), it's hard to say. What was the sale price with destination and nothing else?

ny2az

Reaction score
Without what the bottom line sales price is on the new truck (without TTT and fees), it's hard to say. What was the sale price with destination and nothing else?
appreciate the reply ... my thinking was when you can trade a year old 2020 truck with a $65k msrp for a new 2021 model with a $71k msrp ... and only pay $6k to drive out ... l think that's a score .... just the $6k more in the msrp says thats a deal ...

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
appreciate the reply ... my thinking was when you can trade a year old 2020 truck with a $65k msrp for a new 2021 model with a $71k msrp ... and only pay $6k to drive out ... l think that's a score .... just the $6k more in the msrp says thats a deal ...
Not sayin' it's not a great deal...sounds awesome! I think most is us just like to see the numbers behind the number ;)

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna address multiple posts here.

Regarding the Lakeland dealer fee, they cannot remove that fee. The state of Florida law says if they charge a fee to one person, that they need to charge it to all. So, many dealerships will discount their sale price by the amount of the dealer fee so you think you're getting a good deal, but in reality, it gets added back in on the paperwork, by law as a fee now. Lakeland is stating that you won't get a better price, so they might not be able to show a discount in the amount of the fee because they can't go lower. That's why I bought from Mark Dodge, even though I live within driving distance of Lakeland. I'd rather travel or pay another dealer delivery fees than to pay a guaranteed profit "dealer fee".

In reference to the Mark Dodge shipping price, I paid $800 from St Charles, LA to Orlando, FL. They put the shipment out for bid. I spent hours looking for quotes on getting my truck delivered and it was around $800-$1200. Aaron mentioned that they could put it in at whatever price I was willing to pay, but I was told that the lower I go, the less chance it will be prioritized and delivered in a timely fashion. Luckily for me, they posted $800 and within 15 minutes, they had a flatbed that was passing thru on their way to Orlando. I received my truck the next day without any miles, scratches or issues at all.

Attachments

• 20201203_131643.jpg
    20201203_131643.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 49

86grand

Reaction score
Hey All,...
just want to post my recent deal l'm completely ... trading in my 2020 Limited 4x2 with 8,000 miles for a new yet to be delivered 2021 Limited 4x4 with technology group ... my 2020 msrp was $64,880 and the 2021 msrp is $70,855 ... with trade in and doc fee and difference in sales tax ...grand total $6,133.72 ... l think thats a great deal ... what you all think???
Even without the percentages, I'd say thats a great deal. 1 year newer and seems like you are paying less than the price difference between the 2 MSRP of the two if it includes doc fees and tax. i was hoping to find something like this since all I really wanted different is 4WD, but don't wanna spend an extra 15+. I'll keep looking for the right deal

ny2az

Reaction score
Even without the percentages, I'd say thats a great deal. 1 year newer and seems like you are paying less than the price difference between the 2 MSRP of the two if it includes doc fees and tax. i was hoping to find something like this since all I really wanted different is 4WD, but don't wanna spend an extra 15+. I'll keep looking for the right deal
yes,...l agree ... thx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread