5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

rtslab

Reaction score
I'm gonna address multiple posts here.

Regarding the Lakeland dealer fee, they cannot remove that fee. The state of Florida law says if they charge a fee to one person, that they need to charge it to all. So, many dealerships will discount their sale price by the amount of the dealer fee so you think you're getting a good deal, but in reality, it gets added back in on the paperwork, by law as a fee now. Lakeland is stating that you won't get a better price, so they might not be able to show a discount in the amount of the fee because they can't go lower. That's why I bought from Mark Dodge, even though I live within driving distance of Lakeland. I'd rather travel or pay another dealer delivery fees than to pay a guaranteed profit "dealer fee".

In reference to the Mark Dodge shipping price, I paid $800 from St Charles, LA to Orlando, FL. They put the shipment out for bid. I spent hours looking for quotes on getting my truck delivered and it was around $800-$1200. Aaron mentioned that they could put it in at whatever price I was willing to pay, but I was told that the lower I go, the less chance it will be prioritized and delivered in a timely fashion. Luckily for me, they posted $800 and within 15 minutes, they had a flatbed that was passing thru on their way to Orlando. I received my truck the next day without any miles, scratches or issues at all.
Great to know everything went smoothly for your truck purchasing experience from Mark Dodge. They're responsible to even take care of placing the bid for your truck shipment. I know some volume dealers just tell you to handle it by yourselves.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
Whats you guys take on this deal?? I need complete feed back.... so please explain why this is or isn't a good deal. I'm on the fence and have about an hour to decide.

You can do better. Msrp on my rebel was 66k, I paid 54k. Got low financing and the dealer included a 10 year paint and interior protection plan for free....I pretended I didn’t want black.

tejesh83

Reaction score
Long time lurker here... Been following this truck, and this thread since it started back in 2018. Proud to say, I'm finally an owner!

2021 Ram 1500 Limited 4x2
Build: White, Level 1 pkg, 3.92 gears, anti-slip diff, hemi etorque, 22" wheels, trailer brake controller

MSRP: $63,920
Sale Price: $50,000
Discount: $13,920 (~22%)
Doc Fees: $499
Trade: $27k
Bonus Drive Rebate: $250

The trade value was fair but towards the lower end of the KBB good value range, which I was ok with since it needs some body work to fix a sizeable dent/crease. I may have been able to get up to $28k had I traded at carmax, but then I would've lost the trade in tax benefits which outweighs the difference in trade value here in Georgia.

I bought it off Tyler at Stivers CDJR in Prattville, Alabama. About 2.5 away from Atlanta, but they were the only dealer to meet my discount and price goals (20% off or better and $50k or less). I definitely recommend them. No BS, honored the pricing and trade value, no pressure sales tactics, even helped me catch some dealer markup/bs addons that another dealership slid into their price quote that I was comparing.

Shout out to @Venom700 who helped me figure out the $1500 bonus cash popup on ramtrucks.com. And a shout out to Aaron at Mark Dodge who tried to get me into Limited as well and definitely quoted me the best discount, $17,500 off. Unfortunately the only truck they had in stock had too many options I didn't really want that pushed it above my $50k price target even after their smoking discount, and I didn't want gamble/wait for the next Ram promo or a custom build.

My first truck but I've been wanting one for awhile. Very pleased so far. Traded in a camaro, so still getting used to the size. Feels like it's 2-3x bigger :). Broke her in on the 2.5 drive home, and she's got some pep. No camaro but plenty fast enough.

Last edited:

gmallare

Reaction score
While I was able to “only” get below invoice and slightly higher than employee pricing, I did get 0% 60 mo financing. Saw that it was not an option to get both, sat with GSM while we searched did possible rebates.

21 Limited

Msrp 71,805
Invoice 65,867
Negotiated price 62,867

Since I didn’t have any financing cost, it saved me approximately $6700 in financing if taking the 2.9% for 72 mo. Plus just did 0 down since it didn’t matter if I lowered the principal. Money now or later, didn’t matter to me.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
While I was able to “only” get below invoice and slightly higher than employee pricing, I did get 0% 60 mo financing. Saw that it was not an option to get both, sat with GSM while we searched did possible rebates.

21 Limited

Msrp 71,805
Invoice 65,867
Negotiated price 62,867

Since I didn’t have any financing cost, it saved me approximately $6700 in financing if taking the 2.9% for 72 mo. Plus just did 0 down since it didn’t matter if I lowered the principal. Money now or later, didn’t matter to me.
That's a very solid deal my friend and welcome to the forum!

rbundy84

Reaction score
I see the end of year rebates have dropped off pricing for most of the dealers in my area. Any idea when the next set of significant rebates will come? Presidents Day? Memorial Day? Other?

radams0620

Reaction score
I think they usually come in around April into May. End year sales are usually the most aggressive though.

New owner here

2021 Limited
MSRP 70210
Sale price with all incentives and fees 57610
Added 100k B2B Warranty for $2814
Final price out the door was right at 64k

Had my own financing coming into the deal at 2.7% for 72 months. Put 20k down.

abrink41

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken - it looks like $500 rebate and 0% for 60 months which you can combine with the $500.

kooz21

Reaction score
Found out the non-tax fee was an estimate for the state license fee, which ended up being lower. The only fee from Lakeland Dodge was the $998 dealer fee. Which is high, but all the FL dealerships have high fees. Regardless, Lakeland had the best price in FL, by far.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found out the non-tax fee was an estimate for the state license fee, which ended up being lower. The only fee from Lakeland Dodge was the $998 dealer fee. Which is high, but all the FL dealerships have high fees. Regardless, Lakeland had the best price in FL, by far.
Thanks for the clarification.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think they usually come in around April into May. End year sales are usually the most aggressive though.

New owner here

2021 Limited
MSRP 70210
Sale price with all incentives and fees 57610
Added 100k B2B Warranty for $2814
Final price out the door was right at 64k

Had my own financing coming into the deal at 2.7% for 72 months. Put 20k down.
Congrats, but your warranty price sounds VERY HIGH!!! Is it a factory MOPAR MAX CARE plan and for how long and what deductible? You should be able to cancel and get your money back and save yourself some cash.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see the end of year rebates have dropped off pricing for most of the dealers in my area. Any idea when the next set of significant rebates will come? Presidents Day? Memorial Day? Other?

How much were the year end rebates?

radams0620

Reaction score
Congrats, but your warranty price sounds VERY HIGH!!! Is it a factory MOPAR MAX CARE plan and for how long and what deductible? You should be able to cancel and get your money back and save yourself some cash.
Everywhere else I went wanted 4k+ for a 72mo/100k B2B warranty. It covers everything front to back except tires and brake pads. I don’t know anyone personally who has paid less for one around here.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Everywhere else I went wanted 4k+ for a 72mo/100k B2B warranty. It covers everything front to back except tires and brake pads. I don’t know anyone personally who has paid less for one around here.
You can buy it on line through two very reputable MOPAR dealers. Check out the info on warranties and who to call for your best price. You don't have to buy from a local dealer...you'll save a TON! I hope you didn't buy a third-party warranty...you only want the MOPAR MAX CARE Plan.

radams0620

Reaction score
You can buy it on line through two very reputable MOPAR dealers. Check out the info on warranties and who to call for your best price. You don't have to buy from a local dealer...you'll save a TON! I hope you didn't buy a third-party warranty...you only want the MOPAR MAX CARE Plan.
Yes that’s what I got.

Users who are viewing this thread