This is just my opinion, but you don't order a $50K-$80K thing via verbal agreement. If you have no paperwork you have no order.I could use a sounding board here - In the process of shopping, I visited several local dealers (each with their own pros/cons but none with very good, knowledgeable salesmen). When it came time to make the purchase, I emailed several and heard back from three. Over the weekend, I came to a verbal agreement over the phone with one dealership, but no deposit was left or paperwork was signed (even though I offered to do each). Here we are on Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't heard back from this dealership to finalize everything even though I reached out several times.
In the meantime, the other two dealers are asking me if I'm ready to accept their offers (one was identical to the offer accepted).
If the dealership I came to a verbal agreement with is all good and my truck order has actually been placed, I'm happy to stick with them. I'm just wondering why its been so quiet despite phone calls and texts. My main concern isn't that they'll honor the deal, its that this will be delayed. I'm ok if the order takes up to 10 weeks, but if that gets delayed a week or two because of a lack of action on the dealer's part, it will really put a kink in my plans to use the truck once it arrives.
Do I keep pestering the dealer where we agreed on a purchase, or do I reengage the other(s)? Should I just be patient and assume a lack of responsiveness to me doesn't indicate a lack of action in ordering?
I would call the salesman back, explain another dealer is offering the same pricing, and if you don't have paperwork by the end of the day you are moving on.
If they don't get back to you buy end of the day, then you have already made your last phone call to them. Start with other dealer. Get it in writing too.