5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Question. Can you negotiate pricing on a rebel ( im going to guess that ordering one is a differentanimal all together)? Can you still aim for 85-90% of the MSRP tag?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I would like to know this too. The lowest I was able to get an offer for is $65K, fully loaded

The Critic

Reaction score
One of my buddies is interested in buying a 2020 Bighorn Built-to-Serve Edition. I am in contact with the same dealer/salesperson who sold me mine a month ago. At the time, I received about $6750 off dealer discount plus rebates. Would it be realistic to expect the same discount at this point? The truck that my buddy is looking at is still in transit.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question. Can you negotiate pricing on a rebel ( im going to guess that ordering one is a differentanimal all together)? Can you still aim for 85-90% of the MSRP tag?

Rebels are typically the least-discounted model...both in terms of dealer discounts and manufacturer rebates/incentives from Ram. That doesn't mean you can't negotiate, but don't plan on getting the same discount as you would on a Big Horn or even Laramie. You can increase your chances of getting a better deal by working with high-volume dealers.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just joined the forum so I’m late to this thread. Here are my stats..

2019 Bighorn 4x4 5.7 Hemi with Sport Appearance
Patriot Blue
Level 2 Equipment Package
Premium LED lighting Group

Northern Virginia area
Purchased October 2019
MSRP $52900
Paid $38700 before Tax Title and License (with all the rebates and incentives.)
Financed at 3.99% APR, and just paid off two weeks ago.
Truck currently has 10,000 miles and has been a dream!
F64A0783-41AB-41CB-A457-93272BF01A35.jpeg

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of my buddies is interested in buying a 2020 Bighorn Built-to-Serve Edition. I am in contact with the same dealer/salesperson who sold me mine a month ago. At the time, I received about $6750 off dealer discount plus rebates. Would it be realistic to expect the same discount at this point? The truck that my buddy is looking at is still in transit.

It wouldn't hurt to ask. Do the two trucks similar MSRP's? It appears that sometimes the dealer discount is dependent on the MSRP of the vehicle. Other times, I've seen that dealers have a blanket dealer discount dependent on trim level. It doesn't appear that you have the Built-to-Serve package on your truck, so that might affect the dealer discount. Even though it is still technically a Big Horn, because it has the "limited edition" built-to-serve package, sometimes dealers won't discount as much as they would on a regular Big Horn. It may also help that you're referencing your buddy.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to know this too. The lowest I was able to get an offer for is $65K, fully loaded
Damn...thats some serious coin. I am really only interested in the panoramic sunroof, and rambox...but when I build it, its forcing me to the "rebel level 2 equipment group". So im at $55k.

My order would be unique...because I don't want the leather seats (would burn my ***) or the giant 12in screen( I would be distracted).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Critic

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to ask. Do the two trucks similar MSRP's? It appears that sometimes the dealer discount is dependent on the MSRP of the vehicle. Other times, I've seen that dealers have a blanket dealer discount dependent on trim level. It doesn't appear that you have the Built-to-Serve package on your truck, so that might affect the dealer discount. Even though it is still technically a Big Horn, because it has the "limited edition" built-to-serve package, sometimes dealers won't discount as much as they would on a regular Big Horn. It may also help that you're referencing your buddy.

All fair points. The built-to-serve truck has a MSRP that is about $5k higher than mine.

j_drew

Reaction score
Hey Guys! First post. Looking for a new Ram and I wanted to see if there's a list of ongoing incentives / standing incentives that buyers may not know about? (Other than the incentives and rebates that FCA puts out).

I haven't purchased a new vehicle since my last Ram in 2006; I'm honestly surprised that there's so little information out there on how to get a square deal for these cars... I've been trying to compile a list of membership incentives that could be applied after negotiating the cost of the vehicle.

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of these, so I'll start with a few that I've found. (if this is in the wrong section, please let me know and I'll move it.)

I don't know what stacks with other incentives, but I will change this if someone can guide me on it?

For instance, I know the USAA incentive cannot be stacked with Military incentive. I cannot determine whether SAM's club can be stacked with USAA; however, I cannot find anything that says SAM's cannot be stacked with Military incentive. If this is true, then SAM's club + Military Incentive is $1,500 vs USAA $1000?

Cash Incentives for Membership:
USAA (bank) - $1000 (does not combine with military $500)
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - $500 LINK
SAM's Club (wholesale market) - $1000 LINK
National Association of Home Builders - $500 LINK
National Association of Realtors - $500 + Mopar Vehicle Protection package LINK
Military Personnel - $500 LINK
First Responder Personnel - $500 LINK
DriveAbility Disability Assistance - $1000 LINK

Pricing Incentive for Membership:
1% Invoice Pricing:
Check your employer to see if they're apart of the Affiliate Pricing Program - LINK
Access Fund Membership - LINK
Tread Lightly Membership - LINK

Edit: You can look up Invoice Pricing here: Edmunds or Car Connection

Edit: Spoke with FCA Incentives at 1-800-227-0757. They stated that USAA / SAMs / MIL discounts do not stack. However, the operator was really nice and walked me through some incentives that apply. She had me give the last 8 of the VIN and then we went through everything that could apply to that truck. She said there's a "Configurator" that the dealership will use to determine incentives. After all was said and done, I could apply USAA, National Association of Realtors, everything else was zipcode / current offerings from FCA.

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Hey Guys! First post. Looking for a new Ram and I wanted to see if there's a list of ongoing incentives / standing incentives that buyers may not know about? (Other than the incentives and rebates that FCA puts out).

I haven't purchased a new vehicle since my last Ram in 2006; I'm honestly surprised that there's so little information out there on how to get a square deal for these cars... I've been trying to compile a list of membership incentives that could be applied after negotiating the cost of the vehicle.

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive list of these, so I'll start with a few that I've found. (if this is in the wrong section, please let me know and I'll move it.)

I don't know what stacks with other incentives, but I will change this if someone can guide me on it?

For instance, I know the USAA incentive cannot be stacked with Military incentive. I cannot determine whether SAM's club can be stacked with USAA; however, I cannot find anything that says SAM's cannot be stacked with Military incentive. If this is true, then SAM's club + Military Incentive is $1,500 vs USAA $1000?

Cash Incentives for Membership:
USAA (bank) - $1000 (does not combine with military $500)
Future Farmers of America (FFA) - $500 LINK
SAM's Club (wholesale market) - $1000 LINK
National Association of Home Builders - $500 LINK
National Association of Realtors - $500 + Mopar Vehicle Protection package LINK
Military Personnel - $500 LINK
First Responder Personnel - $500 LINK
DriveAbility Disability Assistance - $1000 LINK

Pricing Incentive for Membership:
1% Invoice Pricing:
Check your employer to see if they're apart of the Affiliate Pricing Program - LINK
Access Fund Membership - LINK
Tread Lightly Membership - LINK

Call the Chrysler Incentive Center as they can tell you what stacks. I placed the number in an earlier post so just search it as I don’t have it handy and I’m on my phone.

Skater

Reaction score
Post #7,425

Call the incentive center to find out from the experts and they can tell you for sure what's combinable and what isn't. The Chrysler Capital ones obviously means you need to finance with Chrysler. 1-800-227-0757; Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.

j_drew

Reaction score
Post #7,425

Call the incentive center to find out from the experts and they can tell you for sure what's combinable and what isn't. The Chrysler Capital ones obviously means you need to finance with Chrysler. 1-800-227-0757; Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.

Thank you both! I will give them a call and update my list! :)

JGRaider

Reaction score
Negotiated a Laramiie 4x4 EcoD, list price $57515, and a sales price of $46415.

Granite Crystal Metallic
Black trimmed leather
Level 1 Equipment Option
20" wheels

I am very much looking forward to the driving experience, and how it compared to my GMC.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Negotiated a Laramiie 4x4 EcoD, list price $57515, and a sales price of $46415.

Granite Crystal Metallic
Black trimmed leather
Level 1 Equipment Option
20" wheels

I am very much looking forward to the driving experience, and how it compared to my GMC.
Nice! Did you get Night Edition/Off-Road?

JGRaider

Reaction score
Nice! Did you get Night Edition/Off-Road?

I did not get the Night Edition (I'm too old fashioned I guess being almost 60 yrs old). I was going to settle for a Big Horn moderately loaded but this one came up and it was about the same price. I just couldn't spend $55-60k right now.

HellaHarry

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who helped me make sure I was getting a decent deal. I feel like I did ok on price but more importantly, I got the build I wanted, which seems to be pretty rare.

Got my truck last night and didn't get home til after 2am but it was worth it.

I also ended up buying the prepaid service contract. I know all the offers in the F&I office are a rip off but this didn't seem too bad. 10 years or 100k miles prepay for all scheduled maintenance. Fluids, filters, plugs, belts etc for $1,135. This dealership comes with a lifetime Power train but you void it if you do your own oil changes or don't follow the scheduled maintenance. So I figured, why not.

ssick92

Reaction score
Recently bought my 2020 Big Horn with an MSRP of $56,455 for $47,500 out the door and gave me $2000 more than my trade in was probably worth. Went to 3 different dealers and 2 of them wouldn't even come close to this off MSRP (not sure if it was dealer discount or rebates, but doesn't matter to me) and they were offering about half of what my truck was worth. Between dealers it ended up being about a $15k difference when accounting for the trade-in difference also.

If anyone is looking around Southern California (Orange County), PM me and I can give you my guys' info.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who helped me make sure I was getting a decent deal. I feel like I did ok on price but more importantly, I got the build I wanted, which seems to be pretty rare.

Got my truck last night and didn't get home til after 2am but it was worth it.

I also ended up buying the prepaid service contract. I know all the offers in the F&I office are a rip off but this didn't seem too bad. 10 years or 100k miles prepay for all scheduled maintenance. Fluids, filters, plugs, belts etc for $1,135. This dealership comes with a lifetime Power train but you void it if you do your own oil changes or don't follow the scheduled maintenance. So I figured, why not.
$1,135 for 10 years of scheduled maintenance is a great deal. Once they tried to sell me a service contract for five years at $2,500. I said no.

FTRO

Reaction score
$1,135 for 10 years of scheduled maintenance is a great deal. Once they tried to sell me a service contract for five years at $2,500. I said no.
My last new Furd F150 I got the free tires for life as long as i got the oil changes etc, there...... three sets of tires later, I made $$$ on that extra package. Just goes to show they are not all a loss, I could of had more tires but we moved to another state and I lost it. I still didn't add anything to this new Ram purchase.

iserafiml

Reaction score
I am an international student, and just bought a 2020rebel which has ~ 62k MSRP. I am thinking that if I was had a fair deal rather than a good deal. Without tax and doc fee, I get 53k, but actually I am going to pay around 2.5k for the tag(tax) and doc fee. It is said from my dealer that I could get more money off if I made a finance. But I don't have an ssn, then I paid totally in cash. Again, although kbb told me 53k without tax is a good deal, I still think I can get some off if I take more studies on forum. My situation may help. Hope you can get more and more and more discount!

Attachments

• 615939974.jpg
    615939974.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20200710_074528.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710_074528.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread