5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if the "event data recorder" aka the "black box"...used for crash/accident investigation purposes is tied to or physically part of the telematic box?

First i'm seeing of this.
Pretty scary when you look it up.
There are like no rules or regulations on it of who even knows the data or if it's public record and some states\cars can record the drivers audio without their consent.
I'm willing to bet none of the auto mechanics nearly in my state even know theses exist in cars or how to access them, maybe dealerships.

@Cbty2050 do you have a document for an EDR access?
There is no separate “black box” on any ram truck. It would be the occupant restraint control module that keeps any crash info since it has the accelerometer, etc in it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is no separate “black box” on any ram truck. It would be the occupant restraint control module that keeps any crash info since it has the accelerometer, etc in it.
That's the device that handles airbag deployments too right?

Mitch_308

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up on this! I got annoyed my pages disappeared and couldn’t figure out why and saw this thread. I deactivated the off-road/performance pages and disabled the telematic module on alfaobd before I took the negative off the battery. I removed the box yesterday and put the bypass cable on. Put the negative back on the battery and verified that gps and Sirius still worked. Enabled off-road/performance pages but they still haven’t shown up. I don’t want to factory reset the radio so should I give it a couple days or just reset it?

Don’t want to hijack the thread too much but I noticed that since I did it, I’m getting both rear turn signal outage messages on the dash even though both are working normal. Have a fast flash inside while the message is up on the dash but it’s sporadic and hard to replicate. Is it a relearn because the battery was disconnected or something else to worry about now? Have led taillights.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with lights.
Also you are likely going to need to factory reset it to get the pages back, only way I ever got it to work even before removing the box.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Monday, I had my truck in for scheduled free service (oil and tire rotation), along with the 2 recent (required) service bulletins (tail gate and reverse camera issues). This was the first time the truck has been back in the hands of the dealership since removing the telematics box several months ago. I was worried that the service bulletin for the reverse camera, might discover the removal of the telematics box and flag some kind of warranty issue, (only 9700 miles on the truck). When the service advisor handed my keys back, I asked about the reverse camera bulletin...she said it was a software update to the Uconnect 5 12" display, and didn't mention any issues. The Uconnect 5 screen does have a new menu page for the Performance, Off Road, Drive Mode and Race Mode screens, but all is well.

Mitch_308

Reaction score
I did a factory reset on the radio and after a couple cycles everything came back. It’s been a week and it’s all still there. GPS/Sirius still works. Even got the trailer tow page now as a bonus. The trailer light check soft key doesn’t work on that page but works through the cluster. Thanks again for the write up!

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Ah.
I already have 360 cameras and I messed they before to make sure it would work as their video shows an older car (with UC5)

This was their response
2022 - 2023 RAM 1500 Uconnect 5 (12" Screen) 360 Surround-View
Camera System In Motion + Motion Lockout Bypass Lockpick
(NK-91020-18)
Our unit will allow you to access all the cameras at any speed, and input address into the car while the car is moving. To activate the cameras at any speed you will press the right middle button on the back of the steering for 7 seconds and same procedure to turn camera image off. The rear left middle button on the steering wheel is used to activate the address input in motion function. The unit connects to the radio unit behind screen. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank You

Jimmy07 also posted this link Installing Upper Glove Box in Tradesman
I had to make an account to see the picutres, it's kind of a lot. I think I am just going to start taking things apart that are easy don't feel like they are going to snap and go from there.
Haven't taken a radio out for almost 10 years, and the cars I had weren't as aggressively fit together back then.
Naviks recently came out with their new device: NK-91020-21...a bit pricey...ordered and received mine the other day...I'll be installing it once I've completed my OEM Surround View upgrade.

2022 - 2023 RAM 1500 UCONNECT 5 (12" SCREEN) HDMI VIDEO INTERFACE + 4 CAMERA INPUTS (LEFT, RIGHT, FRONT, TRAILER)​

They have a video up on YouTube.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Naviks recently came out with their new device: NK-91020-21...a bit pricey...ordered and received mine the other day...I'll be installing it once I've completed my OEM Surround View upgrade.

2022 - 2023 RAM 1500 UCONNECT 5 (12" SCREEN) HDMI VIDEO INTERFACE + 4 CAMERA INPUTS (LEFT, RIGHT, FRONT, TRAILER)​

They have a video up on YouTube.
Nice
I have this one installed 2022 - 2023 RAM 1500 Uconnect 5 (12" Screen) 360 Surround-View Camera System In Motion + Motion Lockout Bypass Lockpick (NK-91020-18) and it works great. Love being able to enter addresses while on on the highway, or get cameras roing before I am stopped for parking or sharp odd turns.

Their support is A+++ and a real person picks up the phone.

Only problem I have unrelated to that is my proforma ace pages only work once per boot then when I go into them the screen is just blank. Off-road pages work as expected though. I might need to update my Connect firmware I think

MrDazana

Reaction score
I lost my performances pages awhile back and this week received a OTA update. Performances pages are back and even has a tow pages now.
Rebel 2002 Build number: FCA-MY23.T27.46-prod

Crossing fingers that it stays

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I had to take my truck in for warranty work a few weeks ago and they did some kind of update (not over the air)...and I drove out with the new tow pages also. Typically after about 24 hrs RAM Connect will detect and erase the pages you are not supposed to have, but before removing the telematics box, I once went 4 days before they deleted the additional pages.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had to take my truck in for warranty work a few weeks ago and they did some kind of update (not over the air)...and I drove out with the new tow pages also. Typically after about 24 hrs RAM Connect will detect and erase the pages you are not supposed to have, but before removing the telematics box, I once went 4 days before they deleted the additional pages.
I still can only use performance pages once a drive lol. Maybe I should look into finding T27.46 assuming irniant a huge failure like the last update.

MrDazana

Reaction score
that was short lived. .gone now after 2 days, including tow pages.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I still can only use performance pages once a drive lol. Maybe I should look into finding T27.46 assuming irniant a huge failure like the last update.
I remember you deleted the SRT parameter using AlfaOBD because it was causing you errors...I still have the parameter activated, with no issues...you might want to see if turning on the SRT parameter might resolve your Performance page issue.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I remember you deleted the SRT parameter using AlfaOBD because it was causing you errors...I still have the parameter activated, with no issues...you might want to see if turning on the SRT parameter might resolve your Performance page issue.
That throws a 4wd warning light on my truck. I'm pretty sure it's just about the version of the firmware I have, it works 100% of the time but once I go into it, then close then back in it's a blank screen.

I believe it's still running.

If I drive my truck and go into the performance page it has the previous distance driven showing, so it is running.

I am still on version S26.17 if I recall. I didn't go to the newer ones as besides this bug I have nothing to gain.
I have T25.48 and T27.46 but I wanted to wait it out to see how stable they are, as I know T25.48 was a sh*t show.

Reaction score
Any update on whether the telematics box removal prevents the pages from disappearing? And I'm assuming that with the telematics box gone, there is no more remote lock/unlock/start from the app correct?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any update on whether the telematics box removal prevents the pages from disappearing? And I'm assuming that with the telematics box gone, there is no more remote lock/unlock/start from the app correct?
The telematics box is the only way for your truck to talk to anything external not including the radio/gps so yes the pages do not get removed and nothing in the app will work as it doesn't talk to the cloud.

Reaction score
Refusing to give up I decided to make another attempt at a configuration change to try and keep the performance pages, off road pages and trailer tow pages.

About 5 days ago I changed ECUConfig18 Connected Services Present from yes to no.

So far the pages are still there. Typically they would be gone within 24hrs. My Ram Connect app still gets updated and I can still remotely lock, unlock and start the truck.

I can't quite call it a success yet but I thought I would post it now in case anyone else wants to try it.

Pic attached of parameter I changed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_192219_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_192219_AlfaOBD.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 26

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Refusing to give up I decided to make another attempt at a configuration change to try and keep the performance pages, off road pages and trailer tow pages.

About 5 days ago I changed ECUConfig18 Connected Services Present from yes to no.

So far the pages are still there. Typically they would be gone within 24hrs. My Ram Connect app still gets updated and I can still remotely lock, unlock and start the truck.

I can't quite call it a success yet but I thought I would post it now in case anyone else wants to try it.

Pic attached of parameter I changed.
Yeah, changing that doesn't prevent them from getting zapped if you have UC5.

Users who are viewing this thread