5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anyone have Performance Pages working on a 2022 on the 12 inch screen?

Haven't been able to have it working for months. If I get it enabled the device uninstalls the app, I know this because I added a shortcut to it and it gives me the android app folder it's in when it zaps it.

From what I can tell no one ever got it working again.

...And before a bunch of people post, the 2022s have uConnect 5, not uConnect 4 that the 2019-2021s have. It's a completely different system. This is about the 2022s with UC5

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have Performance Pages working on a 2022 on the 12 inch screen?

Haven't been able to have it working for months. If I get it enabled the device uninstalls the app, I know this because I added a shortcut to it and it gives me the android app folder it's in when it zaps it.

From what I can tell no one ever got it working again.

...And before a bunch of people post, the 2022s have uConnect 5, not uConnect 4 that the 2019-2021s have. It's a completely different system. This is about the 2022s with UC5
Do you currently have your security gateway module bypassed?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you currently have your security gateway module bypassed?
Yes I do.
I have a few things configured on the truck like turn signals as DRL with signature lights turned off, fog lights forced on, and adjusted heated steering wheel settings

I have offroad and performance pages on the little screen above my steering wheel, but the head unit doesn't allow the apps to run or seemingly be installed.
If I factory reset the unit I can get a day or half a day of them working on the 12 inch screen then poof. Been this way for at least 2 updates of UC5. Currently i'm running S24 but I could flash it to S26

This is what should toggle the pages on but like I said it will only work after a factory reset, even changing these to No and then back to Yes it will not come up on the 12 incher.
VehConfig 1:
Performance Pages Present: Yes
VehConfig 2:
Off-road Capable: Yes
VehConfig 5:
Off-Road Pages Present: Yes

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, it looks like with the UC5, the off-road pages are part of connected services. What I think is happening is, your VIN and configuration is transmitted to ram connect for verification of all the telematics box connected features. Once they realize off-road pages doesn’t belong to your VIN, they kill it in the radio module. That’s probably why they show up for a bit on a factory reset, because the radio is still getting the configuration organized.

I have UC5 transplanted into my 2017, and I also have a 2022 BCM, PCM, and RF Hub, and I have off-road pages. So from a technical standpoint, all the computers are operating exactly like a 2022 ram, but just has a 2017 body surrounding them. What I don’t have though is a security gateway module or a valid telematics box, so there’s no reporting going to ram connect.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So, it looks like with the UC5, the off-road pages are part of connected services. What I think is happening is, your VIN and configuration is transmitted to ram connect for verification of all the telematics box connected features. Once they realize off-road pages doesn’t belong to your VIN, they kill it in the radio module. That’s probably why they show up for a bit on a factory reset, because the radio is still getting the configuration organized.

I have UC5 transplanted into my 2017, and I also have a 2022 BCM, PCM, and RF Hub, and I have off-road pages. So from a technical standpoint, all the computers are operating exactly like a 2022 ram, but just has a 2017 body surrounding them. What I don’t have though is a security gateway module or a valid telematics box, so there’s no reporting going to ram connect.
Yes something is definitely zapping it.
I set the shortcut on the home page for it, and when it "goes away" the icon changes to the default android icon, and the name changes to what the name would be in the android\data or android\obb folder.

I'm running a security gateway bypass module, but I don't think it disables the system I think anything it's doing would still take effect but the truck itself does call home.
Any idea if there is a fuse or 2, or a physical connection I can remove to disable connected services and test?

I know with Chevy's there is a box that would could disconnect to disable all of the Onstar features which are the same thing.
The free license for 6 months for map updates is expired so I would only lose the email updates for service that I don't need and remote starting my truck via the app.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm reading it's in the dashboard above the upper glovebox on the passenger side.
Looks like on the UC4 there was a wireless modem add on card inside the head unit

Ill need to look around and see how bad it is to get access to the dashboard on the 2019+

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s some things you can do to test, but you can’t pull it’s fuse because that fuse also powers the radio and display screen.

Try shutting down telematics via programming first. If that doesn’t do it, you’ll have to physically disconnect the telematics box, which is located above the upper glovebox on the dash frame tube.
These are the settings to disable it in AlfaOBD:
ECUConfig 18: Cell Present- No

ECUConfig 18: Wifi Present- No

ECUConfig 18: Assist Call Button Configuration- No

ECUConfig 18: GPS Present- No

ECUConfig 18: ECALL Button Configuration- No

ECUConfig 18:TBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation- No

ECUConfig 18: External LTE Diversity Antenna- No

ECUConfig 18: USB Connection Present- No

Cabin Net: EAM/TBM Emergency Assistance Module- Not Enabled

Note- when you do this, you will lose gps and Sirius XM antenna. If this works out, you can re-route one antenna cable from the TBM straight to the radio to regain Sirius and gps.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There’s some things you can do to test, but you can’t pull it’s fuse because that fuse also powers the radio and display screen.

Try shutting down telematics via programming first. If that doesn’t do it, you’ll have to physically disconnect the telematics box, which is located above the upper glovebox on the dash frame tube.

Note- when you do this, you will lose gps and Sirius XM antenna. If this works out, you can re-route one antenna cable from the TBM straight to the radio to regain Sirius and gps.
Interesting.
I don't use Sirius. I only use GPS, and bluetooth connections to my phone.
The GPS antenna doesn't go directly into the radio? How annoying.

Ill tinker with the settings
I think one of the best ways I could try to test is doing like remote starts via the Ram app on my phone which goes over the cellular connection.

Thanks for all the detailed info.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The GPS antenna doesn't go directly into the radio?
No. The Sirius/gps, LTE diversity, and cell antennas input to the telematics box, and one cable outputs from the TBM to the radio.

SloneMalone

Reaction score
So I have 21 ram with uc5 12”. All Off-road page guages won’t work except battery voltage and trans temp. If I unplug the security gateway module with the adapter and OBD still plugged in to it the truck will start and all gauges except oil temp work but if I perform a soft reset on it holding the power and tune button for 20 seconds while the truck is running all gauges will work after the reset is performed. My truck didn’t come equipped with off road pages but the app always stays on. I can’t seem to figure out why with the gateway module unplugged all but 1 won’t work..

bobower88

Reaction score

Quick question jimmy I see these options on alfaobd but it won't let me change any states not a feature controlled by BCM how do I change all these values to yes thank you

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question jimmy I see these options on alfaobd but it won't let me change any states not a feature controlled by BCM how do I change all these values to yes thank you
Change the values of those settings to yes? It would be done in car configuration change. But, if you have a 2022+ ram with an 8.4” or 12” radio, those settings will already be set to yes.
If you have a pre-2022 ram, then there is no separate telematics box, and if you change those settings to yes, then the BCM will be looking to communicate with a module that isn’t there, and probably store a few faults.

bobower88

Reaction score
Change the values of those settings to yes? It would be done in car configuration change. But, if you have a 2022+ ram with an 8.4” or 12” radio, those settings will already be set to yes.
If you have a pre-2022 ram, then there is no separate telematics box, and if you change those settings to yes, then the BCM will be looking to communicate with a module that isn’t there, and probably store a few faults.
Ah gotcha and thank you for the reply, it is a pre 2022 so it's uconnect 4 and is all built into the radio.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hate to hijack this thread but im trying to enable these pages on my 2019 limited 12” can anyone help?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just tried a bunch of settings with Alfaobd to attempt to disable the TBM, or Ram's connection but nothing works.
I was able to disable the call buttons, but when I start my truck it still reports the current fuel tank level.

This is what I tried
Connected Services Present: No
ECALL Button Configuration: No
Assist Call Button Configuration: No
External LTE Diversity Antenna: No
TBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation: No
Wifi Present: No

Most of them didn't seem to do anything.
The button ones worked but stuff like wifi didn't change anything.
I guess this 100% confirms we can't stop it with Alfaobd and need a physical disconnect.

@Jimmy07
Do you happen to have the information to remove (all) the dash parts to get to the TBM module?
Also I believe I need 1 of these cables for the GPS bypass? (I don't use XM)

When I get in I am going to see if I can crack it open and see if there is a sim card physically installed in it I can remove after I verify the cable can bypass and still work in case I break the box.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just tried a bunch of settings with Alfaobd to attempt to disable the TBM, or Ram's connection but nothing works.
I was able to disable the call buttons, but when I start my truck it still reports the current fuel tank level.

This is what I tried
Connected Services Present: No
ECALL Button Configuration: No
Assist Call Button Configuration: No
External LTE Diversity Antenna: No
TBM (Telematics Box Module) Second Generation: No
Wifi Present: No

Most of them didn't seem to do anything.
The button ones worked but stuff like wifi didn't change anything.
I guess this 100% confirms we can't stop it with Alfaobd and need a physical disconnect.

@Jimmy07
Do you happen to have the information to remove (all) the dash parts to get to the TBM module?
Also I believe I need 1 of these cables for the GPS bypass? (I don't use XM)

When I get in I am going to see if I can crack it open and see if there is a sim card physically installed in it I can remove after I verify the cable can bypass and still work in case I break the box.
You need to remove both gloveboxes to access the TBM, so you’ll basically follow this writeup:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You need to remove both gloveboxes to access the TBM, so you’ll basically follow this writeup:
Thanks, I hate how that other forum requires you to sign up to see pictures. Guess ill make an account so I can see it.

Is that the right connector I linked" Just one of them right?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Got around to taking apart the telematics box/module I bought used on eBay...it came out of a 2022 RAM 1500 Bighorn. Lots of clips around the perimeter and somewhat of a pain to open up. The two main components of interest were the cell modem and the cellular antenna. The cell modem is a Sierra Wireless 4G LTE...part # AR7582...and the antenna is a ethertronics 4G LTE...part # P822601. I was hoping to find an easily removable antenna...that is not the case...it is flush mounted (soldered) on the circuit board...and looking a the spec sheet on the ethertronics web page it has 7 connection points to a circuit board...and all 7 are on the bottom side of the antenna, flush against a circuit board. The resistive load on the spec sheet said 50 ohms. Had there been only 2 solder connection points, a 50 ohm resistor across those 2 points might have been enough to fool the cellular modem into thinking there was no problem with electrical connectivity.
Encasing/covering/wrapping the cellular antenna in a RF shield looks doable...not a lot of electronic components in close proximity to the antenna to risk shorting something out. Not sure if that would sufficiently block any RF communications. FYI the TBM2 (telematics box module #2) is about 7"x3.5"x0.75"

Attachments

• TBM-1.jpg
    TBM-1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 55
  • TBM-2.jpg
    TBM-2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 52
  • TBM-3.jpg
    TBM-3.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 48
  • TBM-4.jpg
    TBM-4.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 51
  • TBM-5.jpg
    TBM-5.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 51
  • TBM-6.jpg
    TBM-6.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 54
  • TBM-7.jpg
    TBM-7.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 52
  • TBM-8.jpg
    TBM-8.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 53
  • TBM-9.jpg
    TBM-9.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 52
  • TBM-10.jpg
    TBM-10.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

billybaloneey

Reaction score

How did you determine that you were still being spied on via the fuel tank level value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/