5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I removed the telematics box. I don't think it was meant to be easily removed. It was difficult accessing one of the bracket bolts towards the center of the dash. All of the connectors are opposite the work side, so you can't see them to unplug them. I found the grey one to be the most difficult. It's tied back so that you can't pull the box out much even after you remove the bracket bolts.
Knowing how to release the latch is benefit. Cutting its wire tie to give just a little more working room was necessary for me, then I could see how to push the latch to the side and unplug it. Then you can pull the box out more and disconnect the rest.

After all that fuss, I installed my bypass and put the truck back together again.

So far, my performance, off road and trailer tow screens are all sticking!
And GPS and SXM still work.

View attachment 166149

So long big brother and sneaky sheety updates!!!
Please let us know if there are any changes/deletions to your Performance pages, or the frequency of any UC5 alarms...or any other alarms/error messages....thanks for the update I'm now closer to tackling the removal of my TBM2. Got my blue Fakra cable ready to install. Any tips on removing the glove boxes, that haven't already been documented? I see you have a 2022 truck...if and when you have any service work done at a dealer...let us know if they detected anything or made any warranty warning comments if they did discover the TBM2 unit removed.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please let us know if there are any changes/deletions to your Performance pages, or the frequency of any UC5 alarms...or any other alarms/error messages....thanks for the update I'm now closer to tackling the removal of my TBM2. Got my blue Fakra cable ready to install. Any tips on removing the glove boxes, that haven't already been documented? I see you have a 2022 truck...if and when you have any service work done at a dealer...let us know if they detected anything or made any warranty warning comments if they did discover the TBM2 unit removed.
I followed the PDFs that are posted (they're in this thread - thank you @Cbty2050 ) to remove the glove boxes. That was the easy part.
I pushed the right-side air vent out from the back side to access the screw on the side of the upper glove box.

The worst part is getting the left bracket mount bolt out. I cut two wire ties for the main wire harness and pulled it down a little to get some more room and visibility.
You just have to work a 10mm socket with a high pawl count ratchet. Wiggle it a bunch of times until the bolt is loose enough to back out with your fingers.

The next worst part is pulling the box out far enough to gain access to the plugs, all on the other side. Using a long straight-blade screw driver and a little hammer, I broke the wire tie retainer behind the box that holds the cable for the grey plug. Then you can pull the box out far enough to unlatch the plug. Cussing out loud and scraping my knuckle skin more than once really helped me focus on my objective too.

After that, unplug all the other connectors and patch the brown and blue together. Then reconnect the negative battery cable.
I did have a 'service 4wd' error that wouldn't clear. I had to set the 'vehicle-SRT' to no. Then it cleared.

- don't forget to put the two screws back in the upper glove box that are easily forgotten - the ones underneath.

Last edited:

billybaloneey

Reaction score
RAM Connect Services has apparently had enough of me creating the Performance apps...in the past typically the apps would be available and functional on my 12" UC5 for 24 hrs...I even went 4 days once before they were deleted. Yesterday and today, the apps are getting deleted almost immediately :( So tomorrow I'm tearing into my dash and removing the TBM2. In addition to some of the written instructions on how to remove the lower and upper glove boxes...along with a few other dash related items, today I found a couple of YouTube videos...one is for my current model truck and rather detailed procedure...about 7+ mins long...there are a couple other shorter ones too.

Because RAM Connect Services is now almost immediately zapping the Performance apps, I'm hoping they have not loaded some code on the UC5 to prevent future app adds...I have checked the software version and that has not changed from a month ago...so that's a good sign.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RAM Connect Services has apparently had enough of me creating the Performance apps...in the past typically the apps would be available and functional on my 12" UC5 for 24 hrs...I even went 4 days once before they were deleted. Yesterday and today, the apps are getting deleted almost immediately :( So tomorrow I'm tearing into my dash and removing the TBM2. In addition to some of the written instructions on how to remove the lower and upper glove boxes...along with a few other dash related items, today I found a couple of YouTube videos...one is for my current model truck and rather detailed procedure...about 7+ mins long...there are a couple other shorter ones too.

Because RAM Connect Services is now almost immediately zapping the Performance apps, I'm hoping they have not loaded some code on the UC5 to prevent future app adds...I have checked the software version and that has not changed from a month ago...so that's a good sign.
My apps were still available this morning after I ripped out that black box. I have the most recent version and the same thought was in my mind too; did they install a local watchdog?
So far, it seems that they did not. My RAM app doesn't get updates now either, so that is another good sign. Since an update or two ago, any time I would enable the members-only screens, they would get removed with in a few minutes.

The only thing I noticed that isn't working are the gauges on the Trailer Tow screen. I only saw this screen for the first time when I got the MY23 update before it eventually disappeared, so I don't know what to expect.

It isn't difficult to take the glove boxes out. It's difficult to take the tattle-tale box (TTB) out because they packed it in tightly to thwart removal attempts.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
My apps were still available this morning after I ripped out that black box. I have the most recent version and the same thought was in my mind too; did they install a local watchdog?
So far, it seems that they did not. My RAM app doesn't get updates now either, so that is another good sign. Since an update or two ago, any time I would enable the members-only screens, they would get removed with in a few minutes.

The only thing I noticed that isn't working are the gauges on the Trailer Tow screen. I only saw this screen for the first time when I got the MY23 update before it eventually disappeared, so I don't know what to expect.

It isn't difficult to take the glove boxes out. It's difficult to take the tattle-tale box (TTB) out because they packed it in tightly to thwart removal attempts.
Ask around...some of the AlfaOBD gurus probably know what parameters need adding/changing for the Trailer Tow screen/app to appear and function.

About how long do you think it took you to get the black box out?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask around...some of the AlfaOBD gurus probably know what parameters need adding/changing for the Trailer Tow screen/app to appear and function.

About how long do you think it took you to get the black box out?
When it starts to bother me enough, I'll see what I can do to make it work.

I spent about a 20 minutes of actual productive physical effort and another 45 minutes contemplating and cussing about how to get to the connectors so I could see what I was doing.
Then add however long it takes to hack your BCM and test.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is the link to a YouTube video showing how to remove all 3 components:
That video is nice.
I just got my cable today and I was going to wait for NAViKS to send the module for behind my radio but I think I can remove the radio twice pretty easy so i'm going to tackle the TBM. Fingers crossed, i'm aiming for 0 broken clips.
Should just need a T20 bit and 7mm sockets or so the video shows.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
SUCCESS!!! - I was able to remove the TBM2 (telematic box) today...start to finish it took about 2.5 hrs to remove the glove boxes and trim, and access and removal of the TBM2 itself...and to put everything back together...the TBM2 removal was the most time consuming. The primary reasoning for me was to keep RAM Connect services from deleting my 4 Performance apps. After doing all the hardware work I reloaded the Performance pages using AlfaOBD...they popped up in the Apps list and are functional. Could not have done the telematics delete without the posts/replies by Jimmy07. The only issue I've noticed is the loss of the voice search function on XM radio...used for finding channels. Not sure if there was microphone connectivity to the TBM2. After a few more days I will do a Factory Reset of the UC5 to see if that restores the voice search function.

Attachments

• TBM2 Removal-1.jpg
    TBM2 Removal-1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 50
  • TBM2 Removal-2.jpg
    TBM2 Removal-2.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 39
  • TBM2 Removal-3.jpg
    TBM2 Removal-3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 40
  • TBM2 Removal-4.jpg
    TBM2 Removal-4.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 52
  • TBM2 Removal-5.jpg
    TBM2 Removal-5.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 51
  • TBM2 Removal-6.jpg
    TBM2 Removal-6.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Man the radio in my truck is in there good... Those fresh plastic clips killin me.
I guess they changed stuff since that video that was posted too.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man the radio in my truck is in there good... Those fresh plastic clips killin me.
Take the top two screws out, grab a hold and pull it out! It sounds like you're breaking every piece of plastic in the dash.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Take the top two screws out, grab a hold and pull it out! It sounds like you're breaking every piece of plastic in the dash.
Yeah it did lol. I broke 1 clip and it fell, but right into my driver side feet luckily.
I had to pop the clips up top with a trim tool as the plastic ram was going to bend and break it seemed.

The under of my glovebox is differnet then the video too, bunch if push clips and lighting.

I made the mistake of thinking I could grab a bit and a socket and not all my tools, I was mistaken.

I'm 99% sure I can see the TBM box from the radio taunting me behind the other trims LOL.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Finally got the TBM out.
Man that was terrible, my fingers hurt so bad, they must install that as soon as the frame goes on the damn truck, had to use 3 different ratchets.
I almost broke out a sawsall for that metal bracket, which I should of taken out before the 3 screws in the TBM.
Were they worried it was going to fly away or something???

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
And there doesn't appear to be a sim card, appears to be eSIM.
They also updated the branding to Rolling Wireless.

Not sure if i'm going to destroy the TBM with a hammer or take it to the range, trying to take the battery out in case someone needs it outside of warranty

billybaloneey

Reaction score
The good news is...the more frequently you pull the radio stack out the easier it gets.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
With the lower glove box out...I did my first ever cab air filter change too.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the TBM out.
Man that was terrible, my fingers hurt so bad, they must install that as soon as the frame goes on the damn truck, had to use 3 different ratchets.
I almost broke out a sawsall for that metal bracket, which I should of taken out before the 3 screws in the TBM.
Were they worried it was going to fly away or something???
Congrats!
the hard part is behind you now.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The good news is...the more frequently you pull the radio stack out the easier it gets.
to be clear I have no plans to take it back out LOL.
I'm going to let my truck just sit until I get the other module for the radio, I have my wife's SUV to drive for now.
Congrats!
the hard part is behind you now.
Yeah, I got so many cuts on my hands from that part but besides the clip I was able to put on I broke NO CLIPS.
I also spent more time then I want to admit on the side screw on the upper glove box before pulling out the vent because i'm dumb.

I wonder what those 2 other connections were for on the TBM pink and purple.
I did need to discuss the wifi module and that had 2 antenna cables, I wonder if that's what it was for (it must be).
I should probably buy another connector to bridge them if I ever want to use wifi in the future, I can block 100% internet access to my truck via my home network and I would say there is a 0% change it would connect to open wifi on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread