5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Pages on 2022 Limited 12 inch UC5

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what those 2 other connections were for on the TBM pink and purple.
Those are 2 cell antenna cables. One goes to the little wedge antenna that was bolted onto the TBM, and the other one goes to the shark fin on the roof. Neither of those cables have any use anymore.
I did need to discuss the wifi module and that had 2 antenna cables, I wonder if that's what it was for (it must be).
If you’re referring to the antenna that you found behind the knee pad between the two gloveboxes, that is the WiFi/Bluetooth antenna, and those two cables go straight to the back of the radio module.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those are 2 cell antenna cables. One goes to the little wedge antenna that was bolted onto the TBM, and the other one goes to the shark fin on the roof. Neither of those cables have any use anymore.

If you’re referring to the antenna that you found behind the knee pad between the two gloveboxes, that is the WiFi/Bluetooth antenna, and those two cables go straight to the back of the radio module.
The box I am referring to is 68306857AA, it just says Radio Antenna Module - Wifi when I look it up.
I didn't realize they went right into the radio but it makes sense, definitely want my Bluetooth to work after.

Thanks!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The box I am referring to is 68306857AA, it just says Radio Antenna Module - Wifi when I look it up.
I didn't realize they went right into the radio but it makes sense, definitely want my Bluetooth to work after.

Thanks!
Yup, that’s the Bluetooth/WiFi antenna. Even without it, Bluetooth still works fine, and nobody ever installs it when they swap in UC5 or 12” radios.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here is how I managed to get 4 new Performance pages...see the link below to the post I made showing screen shots of the new pages/apps I was able to get...and keep for a short while...till RAM Connect remotely removed them via a connection to the telematics box. I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star 5.7 Hemi, with a 12" Uconnect 5 radio/screen.

Using AlfaOBD, all of the following Car Configuration Changes need to be set to Yes: (there is no need to back any of these changes out at any point...they do not cause any alarms, electrical or mechanical issues if left with a value of Yes)
(I issued all of the AlfaOBD changes with the vehicle in the RUN ignition switch...not the truck running...just in the RUN position...it is actually not necessary to have the truck in the RUN position but doing so allows you to see some of the alarms that will pop up on the EVIC and Uconnect 5 screen)

VehConfig 1: Performance Pages Present : Yes
VehConfig 3: Vehicle is an SRT: Yes
VehConfig 3: Sport Mode Present: Yes
VehConfig 2; Drive mode feature configuration: Yes
VehConfig 2: Memory Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
VehConfig 2: ESC Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
VehConfig 2: ECM Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
VehConfig 2: Configuration For Performance & Gear Shift Indication : (set this one to: Performance and gear shift indication)
VehConfig 5; Off-Road Pages Present: Yes
VehConfig 8 Off-road Mode Present: Yes
ECUConfig 3: Radio Apps Present: Yes
VehConfig 2: Off road Capable: Yes

1) Now here is where the magic happens:
Issue the following change after all of the above have been changed:
VehConfig 1: Vehicle Line: (set the value to) LD-Charger
Then get out of AlfOBD and wait about 5-10 mins

2) After the 5-10 min wait...place the truck back in the RUN position and you'll probably see the following alarms displayed in the EVIC (dash cluster screen): Service Air Bag System, Service Anti Lock Brake System, Service Electronic Stability System and Service Trailer Brake System (if you have the trailer brake option)...and on the Uconnect 5 screen you will get a message that says: SOS Call Unavailable.

3) From here go over to your Uconnect 5 screen...at the bottom right you will see the soft switch for the: Vehicle, then Settings at the top right. Press it...scroll down the menu at the bottom till you find: Reset...press it...then look for the: Factory Reset...press it. This will reset your Uconnect 5 screen...you will lose your music presets, and any driver profile icons you might have set up. Wait for the Uconnect 5 screen to completely reset...takes about 1 minute...then turn the ignition switch off and go do something for about 5-10 mins. While you are waiting the 4 new Performance apps are being created and loaded onto the apps page.

4) Now because your RAM truck is not a Charger...place the truck back in the RUN position and issue the one final AlfaOBD parameter change: VehConfig 1: Vehicle Line: set the value back to: DT-RAM 1500. After the Vehicle Line command is issued back to a DT-RAM 1500, all of the alarms mentioned in the EVIC and the Uconnect 5 screen will clear.

For my truck the Off Road app is always the first to appear in the Apps list...and followed a little later by the other 3 Performance apps...keep checking the Apps page...they will eventually show up shortly after the Off Road app.

Until the telematics work around...bypass...is resolved/solved you will most likely lose the 4 new Performance apps when RAM Connect services detects and deletes them from your Uconnect 5 Apps page....if you are stubborn like me all you have to do is repeat steps 1), 2), 3) and 4) and the apps will come back again.
Below is a link to a post I made over on the AlfaOBD thread a few weeks back showing screen shots of the new Performance page menus...and screen shots from some of the actual apps themselves.

Is that what you did after you removed the box? I can get some of them to show up but nice like you had in the pictures. Did you start your truck at any point during this?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Also can't get 4rd error to clear. When I clear it comes right back in less then 5 seconds (in run)
I don't think we can keep all those options enabled

This is what I have below applied, but my thoughts for each
I did also try changing vehicle line to Charger and the truck was very not happy about that.

Fine, for pages VehConfig 1: Performance Pages Present : Yes
Sometimes the first screen on the radio says SRT instead of Ram VehConfig 3: Vehicle is an SRT: Yes
No idea VehConfig 3: Sport Mode Present: Yes
I don't think we have drive modes even if it shows up? VehConfig 2; Drive mode feature configuration: Yes
Same as drive modes VehConfig 2: Memory Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
Same as drive modes VehConfig 2: ESC Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
Same as drive modes VehConfig 2: ECM Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
What is this suppose to do?VehConfig 2: Configuration For Performance & Gear Shift Indication : (set this one to: Performance and gear shift indication)
Fine, for pages VehConfig 5; Off-Road Pages Present: Yes
Is set to no by default, likely not used ECUConfig 3: Radio Apps Present: Yes
Wrong, removed 1 air suspension level no other changes it should do VehConfig 2: Off road Capable: Yes

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also can't get 4rd error to clear. When I clear it comes right back in less then 5 seconds (in run)
I don't think we can keep all those options enabled

This is what I have below applied, but my thoughts for each
I did also try changing vehicle line to Charger and the truck was very not happy about that.

Fine, for pages VehConfig 1: Performance Pages Present : Yes
Sometimes the first screen on the radio says SRT instead of Ram VehConfig 3: Vehicle is an SRT: Yes
No idea VehConfig 3: Sport Mode Present: Yes
I don't think we have drive modes even if it shows up? VehConfig 2; Drive mode feature configuration: Yes
Same as drive modes VehConfig 2: Memory Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
Same as drive modes VehConfig 2: ESC Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
Same as drive modes VehConfig 2: ECM Drive Mode Sub-Feature Configuration: Yes
What is this suppose to do?VehConfig 2: Configuration For Performance & Gear Shift Indication : (set this one to: Performance and gear shift indication)
Fine, for pages VehConfig 5; Off-Road Pages Present: Yes
Is set to no by default, likely not used ECUConfig 3: Radio Apps Present: Yes
Wrong, removed 1 air suspension level no other changes it should do VehConfig 2: Off road Capable: Yes
Get rid of all those changes except for performance pages and off road pages.
Drive modes won’t work because you don’t have the correct abs module or chassis type, and the same for launch.
Don’t mess with the vehicle line either. I get what the other poster did, but it’s an exercise in futility, and it can work for one person but not another depending on options on the trucks. If the 4wd error persists, run the abs initialization procedure.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
100% is an srt throws the service 4wd. Soon as I turned it off code went away. I can only get off road pages still though. Very odd

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Is that what you did after you removed the box? I can get some of them to show up but nice like you had in the pictures. Did you start your truck at any point during this?
I never started the truck motor at any time during the AlfaOBD parameter changes...whenever I say "RUN"...I mean press the ignition switch but do not start the engine. I have had all of the first 12 parameter changes in place and never had any errors that made me want to change them back to their original values. You will have to experiment to exclude Drive Mode page parameters if that is not a page you are interested in...and the same goes for the other pages. Even before removing the telematics box, when RAM Connect was deleting the Performance Apps daily...I had no problems or errors caused by any of the AlfaOBD parameter changes I mentioned.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never started the truck motor at any time during the AlfaOBD parameter changes...whenever I say "RUN"...I mean press the ignition switch but do not start the engine. I have had all of the first 12 parameter changes in place and never had any errors that made me want to change them back to their original values. You will have to experiment to exclude Drive Mode page parameters if that is not a page you are interested in...and the same goes for the other pages. Even before removing the telematics box, when RAM Connect was deleting the Performance Apps daily...I had no problems or errors caused by any of the AlfaOBD parameter changes I mentioned.
Must be because of the different trucks. Soon as I turned off is an SRT 4wd error went away.
I reverted the rest of the settings and I got pro pages back.

What do you show you the drive modes and stuff? Also does air intake temp still show for you like in the prior picture you posted?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
100% is an srt throws the service 4wd. Soon as I turned it off code went away. I can only get off road pages still though. Very odd
When it comes to the Off Road page...like I mentioned earlier...it is the first new page to show up in the Apps list...the actual Performance page has always been slow to show up for me. After you see the Off Road page...start up your truck...some times the Performace page will populate in the Apps list after that.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Must be because of the different trucks. Soon as I turned off is an SRT 4wd error went away.

What do you show you the drive modes and stuff? Also does air intake temp still show for you like in the prior picture you posted?
The air intake temp gauge only shows up in the Performance Page gauges page...while the Off Road page does have its own guages page...I've never seen the air intake temp gauge with that group of gauges.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
When it comes to the Off Road page...like I mentioned earlier...it is the first new page to show up in the Apps list...the actual Performance page has always been slow to show up for me. After you see the Off Road page...start up your truck...some times the Performace page will populate in the Apps list after that.
The Drive Mode Page is basically a cool looking page...my truck does not have some of the OEM hardware to really make the page function properly.

billybaloneey

Reaction score

What do you show you the drive modes and stuff? Also does air intake temp still show for you like in the prior picture you post

NOTE...a couple of the Off Road pages will only display functional info at off road speeds...I think they will not display any info at speeds above 25mph...the guage page will continue to display info at any speed.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SRT causes 4wd errors for me too.

And the trailer tow screen's gauges don't display values.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Discovered that when the telematics box is removed, you will loose 2 features of SiriusXM radio: the Voice Search and the Personalized Recommendations...they are available only when there is a data connection to the cloud...this is per the 2022 Radio Instruction Manual...page 63. I liked the Voice Search ability but I'll learn to live without it.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discovered that when the telematics box is removed, you will loose 2 features of SiriusXM radio: the Voice Search and the Personalized Recommendations...they are available only when there is a data connection to the cloud...this is per the 2022 Radio Instruction Manual...page 63. I liked the Voice Search ability but I'll learn to live without it.
I didn't even notice. I'm not a voice activation kind of person.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Wondering if the "event data recorder" aka the "black box"...used for crash/accident investigation purposes is tied to or physically part of the telematic box?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wondering if the "event data recorder" aka the "black box"...used for crash/accident investigation purposes is tied to or physically part of the telematic box?
First i'm seeing of this.
Pretty scary when you look it up.
There are like no rules or regulations on it of who even knows the data or if it's public record and some states\cars can record the drivers audio without their consent.
I'm willing to bet none of the auto mechanics nearly in my state even know theses exist in cars or how to access them, maybe dealerships.

@Cbty2050 do you have a document for an EDR access?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online