5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This ordering process is a joke. It should not be taking this long. I ordered on 4/8/18 and as of today (5/11/18) my truck is still in D1.

Flot

Reaction score
alacombe said:
This ordering process is a joke. It should not be taking this long. I ordered on 4/8/18 and as of today (5/11/18) my truck is still in D1.
I agree that this feels excessive. Worse is that once it is built the next steps are just as backed up. I’m 3 weeks earlier than you and still no progress on my build. It is starting to look like it’ll take 3 months from my order to delivery.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Limited 4x4 Ivory White w/E-Torque and RamBox

Ordered 05/07/18
VIN# 05/10/18

ryelinek

Reaction score
alacombe said:
Is D1 the scheduling phase? Someone needs to make a KEY for all the codes during the process hah.

My truck now has a VIN and was told it’s in scheduling. Not sure what that is typically labeled as.

D

Deleted member103

THESE shipping SNAFUS have everybody "backed-up" . . . is there a "laxative" solution for all this ?
263a.png
1f644.png
1f914.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not Scheduled yetBB review by fleet department
BD special equipment processing
BE edit error
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable
BX passed edit available for schedule
Scheduled:C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
Assembly Line:
E frame
F paint
G trim
Assembly Completed:
I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced
Shipping Status:
KZL released - not shipped
KZM first rail departure
KZN first rail arrival
KZO delayed/recieved
KZOA plant holds
KZOB zone/distribution holds
KZOC carrier delays
KZOD carrier holds
KZOE mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF show/test vehicle
KZOG damaged vehicle
KZOH all other reasons
KZT second rail departure
KZU second rail arrival
KZX delivered to dealer
KZY1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZY2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction
ZA canceled
(see attachment)

This is what I could find. If someone can confirm it is still accurate we could pin it

Attachments

• 2018-05-10 16.12.45.png
    2018-05-10 16.12.45.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 238
D

Deleted member103

Patience is a "virtue" that must be learned . . . I certainly was NOT born with it !
1f604.png
. I've never "bothered" to be so overly concerned with "all-the-details" in the process -- just seems it gets people Upset over things they have NO control over - also raises the blood pressure/not good !
2639.png

I usually just call my sales guy every 2 weeks or so for a quick update and if he spots any unusual situations I should know of . . . well, he'll tell me ! But still, Out-of-My-Hands ! Then one day "out of the blue" you get a call . . . hey Lou, "Your DT's here come take a look, or I'll be there in 10 so you (me) can drive her home !" thanks sales guy ! That's about how it went with the '16 G.C. ! If I sell my G.C. instead of trade, the process will be "the Same" more or less !
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>
</em></em><em><em>B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes, Finance is checking to make sure the dealer has all their ducks in a row, etc.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the truck. I am not sure of all the details on this state yet so I can't comment further.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your truck is built.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>I - Inspection. Your truck goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>JB - Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>JS - Storage. Some of you call this "Prison". I like to think of it as QA trying to ensure you get what you expected. Typically if something happens or is found in the I step (or even a previous step), it goes here to get checked and fixed. A panel looks off color, a part on your truck was in the same batch as a bunch of failed parts, a light doesn't turn on, etc will all cause the truck to get sent here for a detailed inspection and fix.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>Another reason it can end up here is either the dealer has asked to have the trucked delayed (it has a full lot and can only handle so many) or it has a special event coming up. Typically that isn't done on a sold order. It can also end up here at the start of a model year where production is ramping up but the vehicle has not be released (or certified) for shipment. </em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em>KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment". The first means it is in the general shipping yard waiting to be pulled to be put on a truck and/or train. The second means it has been pulled to be put on a truck and/or train but it hasn't actually got on the truck or train yet. There are a ton of substatuses here to track the status of the vehicle as it makes its way through the shipping system. KZX is the only one that you really care about as that means it was delivered to the dealer.</em></em>
<em><em>
</em></em><em><em></em></em>
<em><em></em></em>
<em><em></em></em>Found on a Google search. If someone can verify this is still accurate definitions.
<em><em></em></em> 
<em><em></em></em>

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those definitions look correct. For those of us in D1 - a build date is set, but they aren't telling us what it is!

I found a truck - identical to my build save for NAV - which I can do without. But it's 1100 miles away :(.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No problem, hope it is accurate.

Just wish this was something I could be using on my Rebel build
1f914.png
(need more 2500 info)
1f615.png
1f62b.png
A Rebel build would be, if there wasn't the latest rumor of a Rebel Powerwagon
263a.png
1f643.png
263a.png
1f60d.png

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
No problem, hope it is accurate.

Just wish this was something I could be using on my Rebel build
1f914.png
(need more 2500 info)
1f615.png
1f62b.png
A Rebel build would be, if there wasn't the latest rumor of a Rebel Powerwagon
263a.png
1f643.png
263a.png
1f60d.png
'dd' You forget already ? It's one of each . . . remember know ? Gotta get the story strait . . . you didn't sign an NDA ( non disclosure agreement ) !
263a.png

1f914.png

icon_lol.gif

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ryelinek said:
Is D1 the scheduling phase? Someone needs to make a KEY for all the codes during the process hah.

My truck now has a VIN and was told it’s in scheduling. Not sure what that is typically labeled as.
This has been done a long time ago.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
This has been done a long time ago.
Probably got hailed on waiting in the 'RR'yards and now it's a total loss, so they're trying to decide how to break the news to you and the other 14,999 waiting in that yard ! Oh my gosh just woke up from a terrible nightmare . . . please tell me me it was "just a dream" ! ! ! ?
1f914.png

kidding . . . just kidding !

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited 4x4 w/ RamBox and eTorque:

Ordered 5/9
VIN 5/11
Status D

Just used the chat feature on RamTrucks.com. Very helpful and confirmed there is no online tool to get status but he said they are happy to look up status at any time. Actual response:

"There is a VIN that has been assigned to your Ram, which is 1C6SRFHTXKNXXXXXX. Currently the Ram is in the pre-production stage which means that it is waiting for all of the parts to be gathered so that it can enter into the build process. It can remain in this stage for up to 30 days. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I would suggest allowing a week to pass then contact us back for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you would like to contact back in sooner. When you do contact back in, provide this case number XXXXXXXX and the next agent will be able to quickly pull up the information for you."

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another coping mechanism for those seriously jonesing for their new truck - go to the online build & price tool, build out what you ordered, click on the front/rear/interior images and (on Windows) click Print Scrn key to take a screen shot.

Make that your wallpaper and you can at least look longingly at what's coming. Someday.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edwards said:
Limited 4x4 w/ RamBox and eTorque:

Ordered 5/9
VIN 5/11
Status D

Just used the chat feature on RamTrucks.com. Very helpful and confirmed there is no online tool to get status but he said they are happy to look up status at any time. Actual response:

"There is a VIN that has been assigned to your Ram, which is 1C6SRFHTXKNXXXXXX. Currently the Ram is in the pre-production stage which means that it is waiting for all of the parts to be gathered so that it can enter into the build process. It can remain in this stage for up to 30 days. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I would suggest allowing a week to pass then contact us back for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you would like to contact back in sooner. When you do contact back in, provide this case number XXXXXXXX and the next agent will be able to quickly pull up the information for you."
Yeah.... Get ready for a 3-4 month wait buddy.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Ordered on 4/28
VIN on 4/28
D1 Status on 5/10 (hopefully doesn't stay here forever)

2019 RAM Limited 4x4 5'7"
Exterior - Granite Crystal Grey w/ Body Color Bumper Group
Interior - Black
3.92 Axle
Anti Slip Rear Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Limited Level 1 Group
Dual Pane Sunroof
22" Wheels

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ryelinek said:
Ordered on 4/28
VIN on 4/28
D1 Status on 5/10 (hopefully doesn't stay here forever)

2019 RAM Limited 4x4 5'7"
Exterior - Granite Crystal Grey w/ Body Color Bumper Group
Interior - Black
3.92 Axle
Anti Slip Rear Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Limited Level 1 Group
Dual Pane Sunroof
22" Wheels
It will be in D1 until 6/10 for sure. Seems likes a lot of these trucks stay in D1 for 30 days

Flot

Reaction score
Got a helpful rep (Darryl) on the chat today who at least expressed some empathy that my truck has been in D1 for 21 days. He created a ticket and said he’d escalate to try to find out why it has taken so long to go to build.

Users who are viewing this thread