5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Slim said:
Where do you guys go to check on your status for your truck order? I found this link but the page never finishes loading.

https://m.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/vots/vehicle_status.html

Do you get an email when you can start tracking it? I don't expect my order to be trackable yet but I want to be ready
1f604.png
The VOTS system hasn't worked in 4 years.
1f643.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Use your VON.... your VIN is usually issued in a few days and they'll give you that when you check on the status.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Slim said:
What is a VON? I go SOOO much to learn!
Vehicle Order Number. It'll be listed at the top of your POC (Priced Order Confirmation) you should have received when you ordered your truck.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Vehicle Order Number. It'll be listed at the top of your POC (Priced Order Confirmation) you should have received when you ordered your truck.
I found my VON! Thanks..... so now I just use the online chat link posted above and I should be good to go right ? Thanks for the assistance

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Slim said:
I found my VON! Thanks..... so now I just use the online chat link posted above and I should be good to go right ? Thanks for the assistance
Correct. And now the wait begins!

76rich

Reaction score
SLIM, you can just go to Ram Trucks homepage. https://www.ramtrucks.com Scroll down to the bottom of the page and can click on "Contact Us" and a page opens up with a chat line, email, or telephone. All three contacts work to find out your status..

ryelinek

Reaction score
Anyone have a round about idea for time from order to delivery? Should it be the 6-8 weeks the dealers are saying? The RAM customer service employees in the chat feature are saying 8-12 weeks.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found the RAM customer service folks don't like to give out date for whatever reason. (But Ford you can track online and its very accurate!) One of them gave me an estimated ship date of 5/19 which is 4 weeks to the day after I ordered. I've been in D1 status just over a week now.

Big delays look like the off site vendor (for bedliner and other accessories) and transit delays. With the Ford plant temporarily down I'd assume that would help ease transit delays... but I don't know who RAM uses to truck them. I know Ford uses Jack Cooper and my F150 sat in their lot for a week before they shipped it out.

chade014

Reaction score
ryelinek said:
Anyone have a round about idea for time from order to delivery? Should it be the 6-8 weeks the dealers are saying? The RAM customer service employees in the chat feature are saying 8-12 weeks.
Its closer to 12. I am still waiting for mine places 10 weeks ago, should be here this week per the dealer.

J

jimh4662@

Ordered 3/12/18 built in 25 days. Had the VIN in 27 days Truck Do in these weekend. 5/11-5/15 ET. The ETA changed 3 times . It will be in transit/shipping a month. What I've read pretty much 8 weeks is the average. Anything can change the ETA. read through the forums members wilk tell you what's held there truck up. Customer service is not a big help. But a call them daily. Once and a while you'll get a great person that will tell you more than ETA. Sometimes they'll tell you the KZ? Status code.

J

jimh4662@

New ETA 5/15-5/19. 4th time its been pushed forward. Getting irritating and not funny anymore!!!
1f620.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
New ETA 5/15-5/19. 4th time its been pushed forward. Getting irritating and not funny anymore!!!
1f620.png
How far are you from the plant? Is it going by rail?

ryelinek

Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
1f620.png
Curious for just a reference but when did you place your order?

J

jimh4662@

Order placed 3/12/18
Most if not all trucks come by rail to a distribution hub where there trucked to dealer. Mine has be in Jessup, MD for approx 3 weeks. Waiting to be trucked about 72 mile to dealer.

iKGraves

Reaction score
Same issue here. Ordered 3/12 and truck was approved for shipment back in beginning of April. Dealer sent me a text Monday with a picture of status and it’s still sitting at rail yard for weeks as well. Mine is supposed to be in Memphis, TN within the next 8 days and then truck picks up from there to take to the dealership. I’m about an hour and a half away from Memphis so it shouldn’t take but a day or so once it gets there to make it to the dealer. My original delivery date was 5/3.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
Order placed 3/12/18
Most if not all trucks come by rail to a distribution hub where there trucked to dealer. Mine has be in Jessup, MD for approx 3 weeks. Waiting to be trucked about 72 mile to dealer.
Sounds like yours is transit delay at that hub and out of FCA control. Have you called up there to try and put a rush on it?

I'm under 300 miles from Detroit. Anything made there is trucked here

D

Deleted member103

firecadet613 said:
Sounds like yours is transit delay at that hub and out of FCA control. Have you called up there to try and put a rush on it?

I'm under 300 miles from Detroit. Anything made there is trucked here
Thanks, you just alerted my brain . . . I have a brother in the Chicago-burbs . . . perhaps IF these 'RR' & other shipping issues persist thru Summer, I just may take-a-trip - ordering 1st via phone & email ( best offer among some dealers nearer that 300 mile radius ! ! !
1f914.png

Users who are viewing this thread