5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another forum I'm on has a very active/up to date order tracking thread on ordered trucks. It has gone on for years.

Might as well get one started for the DT so we can compare dates/times in each status. It would be helpful if we all use the same style format.

Ordered - 4/21
VIN issued - 4/25

J

jimh4662@

Ordered March 12th.
VIN March 14th
Window Sticker April 14th
Shipped by rail April 24th
ETA dealer 5/5-5/9

Flot

Reaction score
I'm not sure how relevant the info will be to others, based on the way the factory seems be cycling through model blocks at a time, (IE if you got lucky and your order for a limited went in just before limited week) but here goes:

Loaded Laramie Sport
Ordered March 17
Vin (D Status?) ~March 26
D1 (Parts available, no schedule yet) April 20

So basically I'm 6 weeks from order and the truck hasn't hit the assembly line yet. Even if it goes in next week, sounds like I could still have another month+ to delivery.

Edit: May 5 update, 7 weeks from my initial order I am still in D1. Still no schedule assigned. Boy am I glad I didn't put my 2011 up for sale in March.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flot said:
I'm not sure how relevant the info will be to others, based on the way the factory seems be cycling through model blocks at a time, (IE if you got lucky and your order for a limited went in just before limited week) but here goes:

Loaded Laramie Sport
Ordered March 17
Vin (D Status?) ~March 26
D1 (Parts available, no schedule yet) April 20

So basically I'm 6 weeks from order and the truck hasn't hit the assembly line yet. Even if it goes in next week, sounds like I could still have another month+ to delivery.
How did you find out D vs D1? Your dealer?

I have a VIN and customer care said parts are available but its not on the schedule yet.

Flot

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
How did you find out D vs D1? Your dealer?

I have a VIN and customer care said parts are available but its not on the schedule yet.
I didn't want to hound my dealer too often, I've checked in with him a couple times. I've been pinging the online people from ramtrucks.com once or twice a week. it's a mixed bag - sometimes you get someone very helpful, sometimes not so much. The canned response they'd been giving me changed a bit on mon or tues - the person I got today confirmed that I've been in D1 for a week.

"All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Vehicle can stay in the current stage for a total of 30 days maximum it has been 7 days in this stage currently."

I assume this means that every part for my build is sitting in a warehouse, (and potentially tagged for my vehicle?) now it is just waiting for the day or two run when the facility decides to build black Laramies.

J

jimh4662@

Flot. Mine did that. Start checking daily. Within a week my Laramie longhorn went from D1 to storage waiting on shipping. Two days there. Then on train to local train yard. It's between train drop point and getting trucked to dealer. Distance approx 60 miles

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flot - I'm in the same status. Ford has an awesome tracking website so you don't need to bug people constantly. I'm glad RAM has the online chat, makes it very convenient!

From what I understand, once they have the materials available it's simply getting the truck into the schedule and the parts lined up in que...so they are on the line as your truck goes down it. Pull up some YouTube video's of Rams or F150s being built....pretty interesting stuff!

With my F150...I had known about a week in advance what it's built date/blend date was. With Ford, everything is built according to a blend number in sequence of 1-8000 then it starts back over at 1. VINs are all mixed in there.

RKPhelps

Reaction score
1500 Limited Ordered
Order date: April 2nd
Vin # Assigned: April 7th
D1 (Parts available, no schedule yet) April 24th
JB status as of 5/1/18

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5'7"
Ordered - 4/21
VIN issued - 4/25
D1 - 5/1
Estimated Ship Date - 5/19

76rich

Reaction score
Ordered my Limited on March 19
VIN & VON assigned March 26
Estimated ship date April 10
May 2 not shipped yet

J

jimh4662@

Checked today with dealer. He said its supposed to arrive today at train terminal. Then trucked to dealer. Maybe a week yet. I'm trying to get a handle on arrival. Want to make sure no damage that's fixed before I get the call.

J

jimh4662@

76rich. Check regularly. It jumps from D1. Next time you may see it off site for spray in.
Mine was setting in train yard New Boston, MI. Checked daily for 7 days. Stopped at dealer today and is arriving today at Jessup, MD. Then trucked to dealer.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
76rich. Check regularly. It jumps from D1. Next time you may see it off site for spray in.
Mine was setting in train yard New Boston, MI. Checked daily for 7 days. Stopped at dealer today and is arriving today at Jessup, MD. Then trucked to dealer.
You're correct with checking daily. Blows my mind I have an estimated ship date but not a build date.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EP Order - 2019 1500 Laramie Quad Cab

4/7 Ordered/Purchased & Received VON
4/13 D & Vin #
4/27 D1

I get my update every Friday e-mailed to me from a company called Stericycle who works for the FCA.

76rich

Reaction score
I check about every three days. Reading between the lines, I believe it has already been offsite for the spray in bedliner and power steps. I keep getting it's awaiting final inspection or waiting for a full train load going my way. Those people that work for FCA don't want to let out much "real" information. I would think it would be easy to fill loads heading for St. Louis.

cjgerson

Reaction score
Ordered May 2nd
VIN May 4th

Order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process.
· The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.· Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage.There is no build date showing at this time.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
When you were in D1 were you given an estimated ship date or build date? I had a an estimated ship date but today they said there isn't one.

Frustrating. Tracking my Ford was a cakewalk compared to this.

76rich

Reaction score
As published earlier, my Limited was ordered March 19 and it was built by April 16, but as of Friday the truck was still in JS Status or storage. Some refer to JS status as being in prison! Public relations tell me it is either awaiting final inspection or waiting for a full train load. I would think a train load headed to St. Louis would be easy to come by. I would think 3 weeks awaiting final inspection is rather streching it out. Awhile back, someone mentioned a rumor about an electrical problem and they were holding several trucks back, until they can be checked out. Does anyone have any info if that was correct? Any other ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online