5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

ralphiegb

Reaction score
So I got this message today, they specifically asked me for the "application version" before getting this answer:

Today at 8:04 AM
Thank you for this. Unfortunately, your vehicle is not currently apart of this FOTA campaign. I apologize as I do not have a timeline of when your vehicle will be getting the update.

Alison
RamCares

Looks like I will have to take it to the dealer to get my GPS working and see if they have a manual update to get Pandora working. Will probably have them check TSB 08-123-18 as well.

One final question, from the sounds of things, I should definitely have them avoid 14.45.40 if it is available, right? Seems like that was more trouble than what I am on.

Attachments

• 20200329_203529.jpg
    20200329_203529.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 63

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I got this message today, they specifically asked me for the "application version" before getting this answer:

Today at 8:04 AM
Thank you for this. Unfortunately, your vehicle is not currently apart of this FOTA campaign. I apologize as I do not have a timeline of when your vehicle will be getting the update.

Alison
RamCares

Looks like I will have to take it to the dealer to get my GPS working and see if they have a manual update to get Pandora working. Will probably have them check TSB 08-123-18 as well.

One final question, from the sounds of things, I should definitely have them avoid 14.45.40 if it is available, right? Seems like that was more trouble than what I am on.
I don't think you'll have to worry about going from version 18 to 14.

Bram2019

Reaction score
N4GL is your hardware version, not the software version. This thread is focused on those how have the N0GL hardware version.
Is this reply really necessary. Just an innocent question, nothing more.

Ram’dit

Reaction score
I’ve had the update for over a month. Still no online search. I disconnected battery for about 1 hour over the weekend. Everything is now back as it was. No online search. I thought the battery disconnect would reset everything. The radio still had my presets programmed but other items had been set back to default.

I have voice search for SXM, but I’m not subscribed. Is that a requirement? I do have ATT WiFi plan connected.

Kidder

Reaction score
Is this reply really necessary. Just an innocent question, nothing more.
Yes, because there is an entirely other thread dedicated to the major 12" screen update. The N0GL is an older hardware version that some are getting updates and some aren't. I have not.

This thread is for the N0GL hardware version.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Yes, because there is an entirely other thread dedicated to the major 12" screen update. The N0GL is an older hardware version that some are getting updates and some aren't. I have not.

This thread is for the N0GL hardware version.
You really do not know why I posted that question here. I am ending this now.

Buck

Reaction score
I asked why and I think they're going to try to get back to me about it. Since most of the people i've talked to are on 18.27.xx any have not received an update i assume its the older software version. I could run to the dealer and ask for an upgrade but i don't want to do that if it's not going to help. I will post more if i hear back.
I received the update NOGL
12/18 Build date took a week for online nav to show up the I was told by uconnect the update would not fix the online nav
Good luck

Buck

Reaction score
I got the update yesterday. I checked my navigation a while ago and it’s still offline and my mic is still greyed out. Anyone have any ideas or info? I thought the new software resolved the issue?
Took 4 or 5 days for online nav to show up

Reactions: MJP

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Online search still dead for this N0GL guy after the update. It's small stuff to me considering I never used it before. It also puts things in perspective that this is really small stuff when there are other guys still waiting for the full update to fix all the problems I experienced.

I'd encourage anyone that is experiencing problems with the 12" and have not received the OTA to call their dealer service center. Explain the problems you're experiencing and check and see if they would USB download the updated software. I'm pretty certain the dealerships have it in their FCA computers.

This would be worth a shot if your Uconnect was messed up as mine. For those that call the dealership service centers, post on this thread with responses, positive or negative.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
12/18 Build date took a week for online nav to show up the I was told by uconnect the update would not fix the online nav
Good luck
Were you on the 18.27.xx version?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Called the Uconnect people @ 1-877-855-8400 Today and gave them my VIN. According to them my vehicle is not scheduled for an OTA update now until 2021. WTF!!!!! :mad: I know mines not N0GL but still bullish¡t

RC19

Reaction score
My N0GL system updated back on march 26th to new version. Still no online search. Just offline . Uconnect on phone is helpless....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good luck
I have the N0GL and mine is working better than ever and on-line functions are working great. Don't listen to the Connect folks...they are worthless.

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Search is still not online for me after 2 weeks since getting updated. I got the update through the data connection without an issue so lack of a good cell signal is not a plausible reason.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Called the Uconnect people @ 1-877-855-8400 Today and gave them my VIN. According to them my vehicle is not scheduled for an OTA update now until 2021. WTF!!!!! :mad: I know mines not N0GL but still bullish¡t

Just to make sure you're aware the Uconnect people have been completely out of the loop for the entire round of updates so I wouldn't trust anything they say. They told me that there is no OTA updates for the 2019 Rams. I told them that people were actively getting updates and he denied it.

coldmist

Reaction score
I'm not driving my truck a lot right now, but still no update. Still waiting...

azzx

Reaction score
I did receive my update on April 4th. to 19.49.13
It took 20 minutes or so to complete.
Right after the update I was able to get Pandora on few random artist that I selected.
Turned the truck off, the next day no Pandora, no off-line search.
A week and 300 miles later, no Pandora, no off-line search. No noticeable improvement over the previous version for me (18.45.40)
so no value so far.
I did not have problems with BT or dropped calls, or other issues.
Called XM/Uconnect help desk and they had no clue
is there a ""Hard Re-set" option?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still nothing here. Drove the truck today for 20 minutes and still nothing. Who knows how they're pushing out updates.

Users who are viewing this thread