5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

Ram’dit

Reaction score
I have the update. I have 4G LTE WiFi hotspot enabled. I DO NOT have SXM. I had the update for 2 months now. Still no online nav search. I disconnected battery for 1 hour. That didn’t help. I noticed that some of the features were reset but programmed stations were still in memory. Is there a complete factory reset (hard reset)? I can’t find any info.

I have the 12” screen.

coldmist

Reaction score
Just to note: I've never gotten a software update yet, after 1.5 years with the truck. I'm still on 18.27 I believe.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to note: I've never gotten a software update yet, after 1.5 years with the truck. I'm still on 18.27 I believe.
I am in the same boat as you. Never had any upates and still on 18.27.

RBRK

Reaction score
Mine has been working flawlessly since the update , except I have an iPhone and when I make a call the pictures of the contact no longer show up on the favorites menu. It just shows the name and a blank square or round circle. It used to show a small picture in that space. I haven’t tried a battery reset, but if that’s all that’s wrong then I guess that’s minor compared to previous issues.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did receive my update on April 4th. to 19.49.13
It took 20 minutes or so to complete.
Right after the update I was able to get Pandora on few random artist that I selected.
Turned the truck off, the next day no Pandora, no off-line search.
A week and 300 miles later, no Pandora, no off-line search. No noticeable improvement over the previous version for me (18.45.40)
so no value so far.
I did not have problems with BT or dropped calls, or other issues.
Called XM/Uconnect help desk and they had no clue
is there a ""Hard Re-set" option?

I ran into the samething.. worked great the first day or two, then Pandora and no off-line searches..

Took about a week or so and it just started working again. I'm not sure what changed, but I now have 3-4 of my presets to Pandora.

azzx

Reaction score
Mine has been working flawlessly since the update , except I have an iPhone and when I make a call the pictures of the contact no longer show up on the favorites menu. It just shows the name and a blank square or round circle. It used to show a small picture in that space. I haven’t tried a battery reset, but if that’s all that’s wrong then I guess that’s minor compared to previous issues.

I hope so - it has been 9 days since the update.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MotorBiscuit: Recall Alert For Ram Trucks With Broken Multimedia Displays.
This was one of the most annoying issues I had that has been fixed with my update. If you guys who are waiting still want to get the update, this may help get it. Though, it really sucks you may have to go to the dealer to get it done.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called the Uconnect people @ 1-877-855-8400 Today and gave them my VIN. According to them my vehicle is not scheduled for an OTA update now until 2021. WTF!!!!! :mad: I know mines not N0GL but still bullish¡t
Just curious, I get it that you want an update, but without me having to read back through all your posts, are you having Uconnect issues, and you want the update to fix them or are you expecting enhancements to the current version in your truck. My Limited mid 2018 Uconnect is working okay so far. At this point I would pass on an update because I would be afraid it would cause problems rather than improve things.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Just curious, I get it that you want an update, but without me having to read back through all your posts, are you having Uconnect issues, and you want the update to fix them or are you expecting enhancements to the current version in your truck. My Limited mid 2018 Uconnect is working okay so far. At this point I would pass on an update because I would be afraid it would cause problems rather than improve things.
Bluetooth mostly and nav search not working. Screen locks up Once in awhile so anything I touch won’t change on the screen.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reactions: Jtr

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bluetooth mostly and nav search not working. Screen locks up Once in awhile so anything I touch won’t change on the screen.
Bummer, I am sure tried having dealer reload current version of software?

RC19

Reaction score
So 2 days ago I had a uconnect case manager call me back because my system updated about 2 or 3 weeks ago ( I'm on N0GL hardware ) to the new software available and my online NAV search was still not working . They advised that there are actually 2 updates rolling out. Both started in middle of March. One is the FOTA update that people have been seeing that displays a new sw is available to install. The 2nd update is a "silent" APP update within the navigation to enable the online search feature. ( he said nothing will prompt on screen for this silent APP update , you wont know when it updates either. No versions # to check in the hidden menu etc ). Your system must 1st get the new FOTA update downloaded and installed and then report back to the " server " that it was successful. Then it will trigger the 2nd silent app update for the online nav search feature to be delivered to your system ( said it could go though end of may for software campaign to hit 12in affected units, but its moving quickly. Most within 2 weeks) ... This is why some people are saying after a week or so it just started working. I was 100% skeptical of this answer. But played along with the uconnect case mgr. Today when i got into truck no online NAV search, drove 45 min today to work and when I got in truck after work I checked it again and to my surprise it said 4G and WORKED! Maybe this case mgr knew his stuff. One can only hope. Hope this feedback helps.

azzx

Reaction score
Good to know. I dont have the update for search yet.
Did he mention why Pandora does not work?

Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am stumped why some of you received the update and are still not getting Pandora. The two things I can think of that you may want to look into:
1. Make sure you have the SiriusXM All Access subscription, using 360L. Only certain Ram build packages got a long term complimentary package of this (my longhorn has the packag.e)
2. If you have this feature, make sure you have set up a Sirius XM listener profile (plenty of posts on the board on how to do that)

azzx

Reaction score
Thank you for solving one mystery
I did renew my XM subscription at the beginning of this year. ($5/month) however they did not include 360L.
So, not getting the Pandora makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread