5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
So new wrinkle! I got the upgrade (N0GL radio) about 3 weeks ago. Pandora worked (Nav online has never worked), and was digging the Pandora. (yesterday). *today*, Pandora *quit* working. :/ If you hit a preset that was saved, it says "You need an upgrade to your plan, Call XM". So I called XM, spent a 1/2 an hour arguing and their new line is........PANDORA ONLY WORKS ON 2020 TRUCKS. That it worked before, is a "glitch", and if you want to *****, take it up with the dealer. That it says "upgrade your plan", they don't have an explanation for. I haven't called Uconnect yet, (I will, when I calm down). We waited for month's for the freaking upgrade, it works for 2 weeks and now they tell me it wasn't supposed to? I pay $50 a month to XM for all the crap we have on the plan, including 360L, and now it says I can't get it because I'm not in a 2020 truck??? This is B.S. Hey RamCares????? She claimed it was on an email from RAM, is this true??

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just checked my truck and I am getting the same message that you are. Not even going to bother calling anyone...it will only increase my blood pressure and make me go to confession.

Kidder

Reaction score
So new wrinkle! I got the upgrade (N0GL radio) about 3 weeks ago. Pandora worked (Nav online has never worked), and was digging the Pandora. (yesterday). *today*, Pandora *quit* working. :/ If you hit a preset that was saved, it says "You need an upgrade to your plan, Call XM". So I called XM, spent a 1/2 an hour arguing and their new line is........PANDORA ONLY WORKS ON 2020 TRUCKS. That it worked before, is a "glitch", and if you want to *****, take it up with the dealer. That it says "upgrade your plan", they don't have an explanation for. I haven't called Uconnect yet, (I will, when I calm down). We waited for month's for the freaking upgrade, it works for 2 weeks and now they tell me it wasn't supposed to? I pay $50 a month to XM for all the crap we have on the plan, including 360L, and now it says I can't get it because I'm not in a 2020 truck??? This is B.S. Hey RamCares????? She claimed it was on an email from RAM, is this true??
Typical poor XM service if you ask me. They try blaming it on the truck when it's their faulty database software for subscriptions that is the problem. I hate SXM and wish FCA would disassociate all of their functions except the SXM radio stations only.

robwah

Reaction score
My N0GL works great post update. But I still have the 12 month "complimentary" FULL SiriusXM package. I also subscribe to the AT&T WiFi in my truck which is handy for not only the UConnect system but all other devices as well.

DRebel

Reaction score
The new recall update included software version 20.04.19 and bootmicro 20.04.01
be6cbf6e27b3915e17b953b83f0580d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The new recall update included software version 20.04.19 and bootmicro 20.04.01
be6cbf6e27b3915e17b953b83f0580d8.jpg

How did you go about talking to your dealer about the recall? I had the issue with the reverse cam but @RamCares said my truck wasn't in the recall list. I have video of my truck doing the exact same issue.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you go about talking to your dealer about the recall? I had the issue with the reverse cam but @RamCares said my truck wasn't in the recall list. I have video of my truck doing the exact same issue.

Mine VIN show up with 2 recall, the W33 and W25 when in login to My RAM app or using the https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls website

W33 is the rearview video keep stay on and W25 is the wiper arm head joint may not properly form the splines of the head joint on the wiper arm, already scheduled to bring to dealer on Monday to take care this.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine VIN show up with 2 recall, the W33 and W25 when in login to My RAM app or using the https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls website

W33 is the rearview video keep stay on and W25 is the wiper arm head joint may not properly form the splines of the head joint on the wiper arm, already scheduled to bring to dealer on Monday to take care this.
Had you reported the reverse cam getting stuck while in drive to your dealer? I spoke with RamCares and they made it seem like if i never reported it then i wouldn't have been added to the recall list.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had you reported the reverse cam getting stuck while in drive to your dealer? I spoke with RamCares and they made it seem like if i never reported it then i wouldn't have been added to the recall list.
Never, it may happened with the Uconnect version that came with the car when i 1st got it, but the updated i received about 2 months ago i think it fixed the problem, I actually like it that way.

DRebel

Reaction score

FCA reaches out to me on the “My Ram” app.

DRebel

Reaction score

I was contacted through the “My Ram” for the recall.

gibbynd

Reaction score
Still no update for me. Stuck way back on the 18.whatever software

gwarrior4u

Reaction score
Still no update for me. Stuck way back on the 18.whatever software
The back camera recall notice gets you a new version of radio software, you might try to just go and have the dealer put that in and not have to wait for the ota update?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was at the dealer yesterday for my free oil change and my VIN does not come up for the radio or wiper recall. I have had zero issues with both so I am not concerned. My build date was 11/28/2018

Kidder

Reaction score
I was at the dealer yesterday for my free oil change and my VIN does not come up for the radio or wiper recall. I have had zero issues with both so I am not concerned. My build date was 11/28/2018
Same here. Mine was built in July of 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread