5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just show them this video i took of my truck driving in reverse camera and see if you can get a radio update. Just tell the dealer this was your truck. LOL.

ScottXX

Reaction score
Here's something odd. Got my update almost 2 months ago but never got the online search. I just gave up.
Yesterday I got an email offering 3 months free trial of Uconnect and I figured why not. After Uconnect came online so did my online search! Coincidence??? Hmmm

Reactions: Jtr

Derlant1983

Reaction score
Haven’t heard of that one? Only change I see from this update is that the screen only activates when you start the truck, instead of touching the door handle.

BigDsLimited

Reaction score
I got the 20.04.19 update and everything seems to be working better as far a lockups or errors, but with the old update I was able to keep my USB thumb drive in USA2 and it connected fine as a USB music device and I could also have my iphone in USB1 with Car play working. This changed it to where only USB1 will work for the USB or the iphone connection. USB2 has basically been turned into a charging port.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the 20.04.19 update and everything seems to be working better as far a lockups or errors, but with the old update I was able to keep my USB thumb drive in USA2 and it connected fine as a USB music device and I could also have my iphone in USB1 with Car play working. This changed it to where only USB1 will work for the USB or the iphone connection. USB2 has basically been turned into a charging port.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Did you recently get the update and what version were you on before the update came?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed yesterday after having my software update due to the recall, that the sensor sensitivities defaulted back to original. The automatic braking settings stayed the same (on/off) but proximity sensors were reset. I usually have my front and rear set to high sensitivity but noticed both at low setting after the update. Otherwise I haven’t noticed any other changes to settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KcRay

Reaction score
Updated today in Kansas City. Still no online search, but all seems to work well. Dido on the screen not coming on when you grab the door handle, and I thought my puddle lights and driving light used to come on when approaching the truck, they do when I grab the handle. Will have to get time and look through the settings. 20200513_113354.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Updated today in Kansas City. Still no online search, but all seems to work well. Dido on the screen not coming on when you grab the door handle, and I thought my puddle lights and driving light used to come on when approaching the truck, they do when I grab the handle. Will have to get time and look through the settings. View attachment 55908
Puddle lights only come on when you manually unlock the truck (either Smart Handle or FOB).

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Updated today in Kansas City. Still no online search, but all seems to work well. Dido on the screen not coming on when you grab the door handle, and I thought my puddle lights and driving light used to come on when approaching the truck, they do when I grab the handle. Will have to get time and look through the settings. View attachment 55908

You can turn off the light come on when approaching the truck in setting.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got the 20.04.01 OTA update today at lunch, took about 15 minutes and everything seems good so far.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Also still at 18.27 I hope they get to us. We will see. But everything is working except online search so I can not complain that bad.

coldmist

Reaction score
I've got many little bugs in the software stack that sour the overall truck:
  • The clock at the top only shows up sometimes. If it doesn't, it won't until I power off/on again.
  • If in Navigation, and I get a song suggestion and I click on it, it switches to the Radio screen, but the center is all blank. No song info/album art/etc.
  • On the favorites at the top, it is usually on the wrong set (ie if listening to XM favorite #2, it will be showing icons for stations 6-12)
  • No online search (of course)
  • etc.
Love the hardware, not a single update on the software.

Users who are viewing this thread