5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So what speed, tires and gear ratio? I'm getting 17.. if I'm lucky... at about 75ish MPH...

I keep hearing folks north or 20mpg and I'm guessing that's at like 55 or somthing

Before the Ram Airflow, I am pretty sure I could have gotten 20+ if I had done under 75 on my first (and only) road trip so far. At 80+ (speed limits are 80 here), I got 18, because there was no wind that day. I got lucky, its always blowing out here. On the way back, fighting strong headwinds, I got 14. Same route, same miles.

As my sig says... 3.92 gears, and tires are factory equivalent size. (She came with the 22s, but I currently have Rebel 18" rims with 275/65 tires on them. Same overall diameter as factory tires.)

Someday after 'rona is more contained, we'll be taking more road trips again, and we'll see how she does.

Last edited:

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Nice... so far my best is about 15.5. 3.92 gears, 275/65×20 k02's, mopar CAI, B2 muffler. Only 550miles though :)

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I always wanted to add the WS6 to my Trans Am, just couldn’t afford many mods at the time. I just wanted the look of the Ram air hood!
I love my 2000 WS6 , big nasty cam, and a ton of go fast goodies , I also enjoy the new generation on my 2016 Scat Pack Charger. I am also on the edge about this Ram air for my 21 Limited....

Attachments

• 20140817_183215.jpg
    20140817_183215.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 34

Musky mike

Reaction score
Anyone have a link for the best price to get one? I can find a low price, but shipping is through the roof.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
Jumped onto this thread to see if maybe the truck RAM AIR was worth it. Ran into Trans AM lovers :). I came close to selling mine once and luckily things turned around. 2000 Trans AM WS6 with 7K miles. Truck was hooked to the trailer for a few days so the garage queen got some daily driving.
I have a 2000 WS6 also with 41k , it has a big nasty cam, and a tune.

Attachments

• 20140817_183215.jpg
    20140817_183215.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 21

saylor

Reaction score
please tell me somewhere is cheaper than 8 hundo

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
please tell me somewhere is cheaper than 8 hundo
Good luck. I got mine for just over that (including shipping) by using a coupon code with BAM Wholesale parts. Sure, the price tag looks great at just under $730, but the shipping is terrible. But that was the best overall price I could find.

Still not as bad as some places. Some are charging $300 for shipping, I kid you not. What a load of baloney.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. I got mine for just over that (including shipping) by using a coupon code with BAM Wholesale parts. Sure, the price tag looks great at just under $730, but the shipping is terrible. But that was the best overall price I could find.

Still not as bad as some places. Some are charging $300 for shipping, I kid you not. What a load of baloney.
From what I've seen in this thread—just two pages back, actually—we can pick one up for around $800-850 (depending on taxes) from our local Ram dealer. Why would anyone pay for shipping?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've seen in this thread—just two pages back, actually—we can pick one up for around $800-850 (depending on taxes) from our local Ram dealer. Why would anyone pay for shipping?
I don't trust my local dealer much, and like I said in previous comments, they don't always honor the accessories coupons Mopar sends out. I would have definitely gone through them if I could trust them to honor pricing/coupon.

If you can get a trusted dealership to do that price, I'd say go for that over shipping, I agree.

Last edited:

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody know why the Mopar site says for off road use only for the new cold air intake?

Probably does not meet CARB.

Curious too since the following is in the installation instructions:

View attachment 79367

I think they started selling it before they met CARB, so the whole "off road only" may be left-over language from then. Mine was built around July of 2019, according to the instructions' date, and it does not have any steps regarding the E.O. label. It also did not come with one. I bet later on, when it was CARB certified, they added those last steps and the stickers/labels.

Or they just want to cover their butts legally, so throw some extra words in. 🤣

screamin chicken

Reaction score
Wow really?! They charged me like $20 from Ohio to Oklahoma. My final price I paid was $702.33. here's a screenshot of the invoice they emailed me.
I just tried to order it from them and my shipping cost is 197. bucks.

screamin chicken

Reaction score
List price is $924, use the Mopar 15% off accessories coupon (I had a 20% from dealer) and you’re around $785. I’m in South Carolina.
what dealer in SC , I am in Beuafort and I am sure my Local Dealers will be outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread