5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

screamin chicken

Reaction score
Tasca has 10% off today which brings this down to about $680. You need to use the code CYBER10 when you check out. Shipping for me to Iowa is $58 instead of the $180 that Bam charges. Just FYI for anyone still looking to get one of these at a decent price.
what is Tasca, do you have a website .Thanks

screamin chicken

Reaction score
I just got mine for 925 out the door , My local had 2 in the warehouse. So if anyone is near Atlanta call your local Dealer and they should have by tomorrow or the next day since it is 3 PM

Last edited:

saylor

Reaction score
i was stuck back at 8 hundo. sure is alot of money for plastic.
so looking around i can almost build a ram air hood for the same money. like the scoop hood with CAI ducts.

Last edited:

screamin chicken

Reaction score
$925 out the door...no thank you. You got ripped!
I like it, and I know there will be no gain on it, and for me, that was the Cheapest I could get it, all the other places I looked it was going to be over 1k, so I bought local and that price is with shipping, and I will have it today, and I will also have something to do to the RAM, and when I get my Corsa I may just get a little something out of it like better gas mileage because right now I am getting 14 city and 15.3 on the hwy with the 3.92. So I paid 500 more on it then a fender CAI , but it looks way better then one of those CAI that replaces the factory airbox to the Fender. It is also my money and I am going to spend it the way I want.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So many sites do this crap. Sure, it seems cheapest, but did you check out shipping? Shipping for me would have been just over $360! Its not really that much, its just a way for them to hide some of the cost of the item.
Personally, I don't give a **** as I am not buying one...total waste of a ton of money IMPO. Someone asked for a link and I provided it...period ;)

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So many sites do this crap. Sure, it seems cheapest, but did you check out shipping? Shipping for me would have been just over $360! Its not really that much, its just a way for them to hide some of the cost of the item.
This is the reason that I went to the local dealership to purchase mine. No shipping cost. (y)

Plus because it is such a large flat box. I have seen many people comment that they receive a damaged or broken plastic on the intake from shipping. :unsure:

For this amount of investment I was not going to take the chance and having to deal with a RMA headache. :rolleyes:

CobraKai

Reaction score
Ordered through my local dealer, had it in a day. No shipping and used the 15% off Mopar Coupon. Looks great, sounds good, and I can feel a little more responsiveness. And its from Ram so no need to worry about warranty or something breaking from it... I'm happy, end of day thats all that matters guys. Be safe out there. tempImageUmP2TF.jpg tempImageQcGZiJ.jpg

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Ordered through my local dealer, had it in a day. No shipping and used the 15% off Mopar Coupon. Looks great, sounds good, and I can feel a little more responsiveness. And its from Ram so no need to worry about warranty or something breaking from it... I'm happy, end of day thats all that matters guys. Be safe out there. View attachment 80101 View attachment 80102

can you post that coupon?

RJS

Reaction score
can you post that coupon?
Go to your dealers website or Mopar app if you have it. They will have it with others. Ask them if they will accept it for what you want to order before you order, there have been a few on the forum that found they would not honor the discount on some items. My dealer has always honored them, however.

Mark C

Reaction score
Does anyone know the filter element part number? Or if there are paper replacement elements from any major filter company? I know it comes with a "washable" cloth element but I don't trust them. Thanks!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know the filter element part number? Or if there are paper replacement elements from any major filter company? I know it comes with a "washable" cloth element but I don't trust them. Thanks!
I have not been able to locate one online. :unsure:

I was going to pick one up so that I would have a spare.

I will stop by the dealership sometime this month and see if they can order one. :rolleyes:

Will share the parts number if I succeed. ;)

West1986

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the cold air intake system for mopar?

Users who are viewing this thread