5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Leather dash delamination.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I’m over my miles but under my years I wonder if they will fix it?
You gave a good chance that they will make good. I spoke to Ram in Dearborn 248.576-5741. They gave me a case # which was closed that evening. I got a call from a Rep. He told me to bring it to the dealer, they will take photo's and send them in to RAM, they will review and make a quick decision. If you have a pet in your truck, cat or dog you may be disqualified. They got many cases where the truck was trashed. Tell your local dealer of your issue and tell them you were advised they would take pictures and send it in.
I just got my Truck back on Tuesday, while we had crappy weather...rain. With the clouded sky I noticed my dash at the light. WTF! I was smart enough to take photos immediately. Why, I drove my Truck to get a MRI and it was parked in the hot sun. I for got to crack my windows. The friggen leather dash must of dried and tightened in the sun. It looks perfect now. If you tap the leather it is clear there is no glue holding it down. Its like a drum. These are the pictures I snapped. it looks a wreck. I just turned 13K, my truck looks mint. These little things really can turn one off . I was told it would be replaced by the Rep.

Attachments

• InkedDLam3_LI.jpg
    InkedDLam3_LI.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DLam2.jpg
    DLam2.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DLam1.jpg
    DLam1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 74

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You gave a good chance that they will make good. I spoke to Ram in Dearborn 248.576-5741. They gave me a case # which was closed that evening. I got a call from a Rep. He told me to bring it to the dealer, they will take photo's and send them in to RAM, they will review and make a quick decision. If you have a pet in your truck, cat or dog you may be disqualified. They got many cases where the truck was trashed. Tell your local dealer of your issue and tell them you were advised they would take pictures and send it in.
I just got my Truck back on Tuesday, while we had crappy weather...rain. With the clouded sky I noticed my dash at the light. WTF! I was smart enough to take photos immediately. Why, I drove my Truck to get a MRI and it was parked in the hot sun. I for got to crack my windows. The friggen leather dash must of dried and tightened in the sun. It looks perfect now. If you tap the leather it is clear there is no glue holding it down. Its like a drum. These are the pictures I snapped. it looks a wreck. I just turned 13K, my truck looks mint. These little things really can turn one off . I was told it would be replaced by the Rep.
Happened to my 2019...realy pissed me off...should never happen. Happening to more trucks than RAM wants you to believe.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mannnnn, I hope this isn’t common with ‘21’s

Wgm6689

Reaction score
Had the exact thing happen on my 19' longhorn. I just rolled over 36k miles and noticed it starting to separate. Within days it was bigger than my hand right on that slope on the driver's side, just like the original post. I called Ram and they started a case for it. They had me go to the dealer to have photos taken which were then coordinated with Ram. Had a call a few days later saying they would cover it and I just pay a $100 deductible. No problem. Parts came in in about a week and took it in for replacement. Had it done same day. When I picked it up they said I owed nothing. Glad they replaced it but I am very nervous about the new dash doing the same thing eventually and not having the same luck. I had recently gotten ceramic tint all around (windshield too) and nearly always use a sunshade on the windshield.

badger

Reaction score
If you are under warranty, you will get a full dash replacement. My 2019 did the same thing in the same spot as you described. If they give you $****, just call FCA and create a case. It is a known issue.
Jut heard back from the dealer, apparently this isn't covered by the extended 5/100 max care warranty.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Jut heard back from the dealer, apparently this isn't covered by the extended 5/100 max care warranty.
I would create a case with RAM. There is no reason why this would not be covered under warranty. It has happened to like a gizzilion trucks and they are clearly aware of the issue.

Lastcall8

Reaction score
Jut heard back from the dealer, apparently this isn't covered by the extended 5/100 max care

I contacted ram cares as this is a known issue. The dealer I took mine to also stated that warranty or not this isn't covered as its a soft trim and thats not covered under warranty

Lastcall8

Reaction score
Well ram cares doesn’t care either. They told me to basically kick rocks. They said they are siding with the dealer and it’s not under warranty. Unreal for a 60k plus truck to have the dash bubble after 2 years

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well ram cares doesn’t care either. They told me to basically kick rocks. They said they are siding with the dealer and it’s not under warranty. Unreal for a 60k plus truck to have the dash bubble after 2 years
Call this guy at Executive Support: Mike McDonald 586-274-8085. Worth a shot!

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I just had a new dash installed yesterday at the dealer. It came out beautiful. I did notice a few scratches on the bottom of the passenger dash where it meets the passenger door. It's this little things that makes me frown. I guess I shouldn't expect quality by CFA. I had to mentally let this go. Nothing gets one with total satisfaction.

NetEagle

Reaction score
Same issue here. According to dealer they have a done quite a few like this already for the 2019s. Ram is trying to stiff me on this repair. I identified it before the end of my warranty period, but now they want to refuse to pay it, because we had to order the parts and they came in after warranty expired. What BS. If they don't take care of this common problem identified in the warranty period, I am done with the brand.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Same issue here. According to dealer they have a done quite a few like this already for the 2019s. Ram is trying to stiff me on this repair. I identified it before the end of my warranty period, but now they want to refuse to pay it, because we had to order the parts and they came in after warranty expired. What BS. If they don't take care of this common problem identified in the warranty period, I am done with the brand.
Consider getting a lawyer to write them a letter. Have your attorney advise FCA , that you will ask for compensation for having to take them to court.
I going to go after Hyundai for a 16 Sonata Hybrid Ultimate needing a new engine at 124K. They need to be made miserable, experienced attorneys know how. I want my attorney to let the press in on it to. There over 60K Sonatas needing engines and Hyundai says it will only replace the ones with the bearing rod ripping through the engine. These people are insane.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Total BS...keep fighting!

PaRamRod

Reaction score
I had same bubble in my 19 Longhorn. Dealer replaced dash but now when I hit a bump the USB connection disconnects. Dealer (Chapman Dodge in Horsham PA) claims they can’t find the issue.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had same bubble in my 19 Longhorn. Dealer replaced dash but now when I hit a bump the USB connection disconnects. Dealer (Chapman Dodge in Horsham PA) claims they can’t find the issue.
If this was recent, try contacting the member RamCares with your issue. They can help out.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
If this was recent, try contacting the member RamCares with your issue. They can help out.
My "issue" was clear early in the morning. Especially if my windows were cracked and humidity/moisture got it. The leather would swell and had clear bumps all over the area. If the windows were closed the sunlight would tighten the leather like new. However you could tap on it and feel that drum sound, which was clear that the Leather was not glued down.

Users who are viewing this thread