5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would you happen to have a link for NR28? Or can you point me in the direction of finding a Link?
It's posted above on the same Google drive. Just have to scroll down

JOzzz

Reaction score
I did the incremental updates one at a time with no problems. Not sure if going straight to the newest one may be the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brookelf

Reaction score
Did anyone else get service TPMS warning after doing update? I can add or take away pressure and it will work for like 25-30 min. and warning comes back. I get -- for tire pressure readings on 2 or 3 tires before the signal is completely lost. I added Cargo camera after my soft tab appeared after doing the update I got the camera power from the lighter/accessory charging port by the radio. Could this be interfering with the signal from the TPMS? Power for the camera was ran under dash under carpet up the side of rear drivers side wall under the headliner to 3rd brake light where camera was installed. Does anyone know where the TPMS module is 2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star?

theRamguy

Reaction score
Could you please repost the files on you google drive im currently on software version 20.16 I tried to go to 34.2 but after the countdown screen radio only blinks on and off update won't start. Thanks
Updated link above, and sharing again

Ox2020ram1500

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the updated software. I successfully updated my 2020 from 34.2 to 39.9 to 40.1. No problems at all, other than letting the truck idle for a total of an hour, about 30 minutes for each update. Kind of hard to tell if there was any improvement or new features...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have a battery charger and access to an outlet, I'd just throw a battery charger on while doing update rather than leaving the truck idle.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you have a battery charger and access to an outlet, I'd just throw a battery charger on while doing update rather than leaving the truck idle.
It says when it is updating, not to shut truck off.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, ignition just has to be in run position. Doesnt mean the engine has to ever be started.
I've only had an OTA update once. I accidentally clicked on update instead of cancel. I drove the truck while it was updating. :ROFLMAO: Probably not a good idea.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've only had an OTA update once. I accidentally clicked on update instead of cancel. I drove the truck while it was updating. :ROFLMAO: Probably not a good idea.
We aren't talking ota updates jere

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably fine. The OTA package comes with a hash or checksum to verify its integrity, and if it doesn't add up to what it's supposed to be, it will be rejected. Even if you interrupt the download, it will either pick up where it left off or reject the update and try again later. Whether the update will do anything useful and/or not introduce new problems is another matter. ;)

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, ignition just has to be in run position. Doesnt mean the engine has to ever be started.
The only time I've ever seen it, the engine was already running, so no shutting off.

Wh1teWalker

Reaction score
Currently on 39.7 w/ off road pages from factory. Can I attempt to upgrade to 40.1? Would REALLY like Wi-Fi to work.

Brookelf

Reaction score
Currently on 39.7 w/ off road pages from factory. Can I attempt to upgrade to 40.1? Would REALLY like Wi-Fi to work.
I updated from 39.7 to 40.1 and still have off-road pages. My radio was an 8.4 to 12 upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread