5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

ProKubinator

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any way of getting the new 39.9 update that was just released for the 2019-2021 12 inch screens? TSB 08-095-22 was just released and is supposed to fix all the connectivity issues. Just want the files so I can put on a flash drive and update myself without going to the dealer. Thanks in advance

ProKubinator

Reaction score
UAX Updates - Google Drive

I was able to get the update. Link attached with the files. Follow the instructions in the PDF with the upgrade path. I was on 39.7 so I only needed to install 39.9. But if you’re on an earlier version you may need to do both.

I had to disconnect my battery and give it a couple of power cycles to get everything back working. Once I did that and also went to the "activate connected services" app it was good. Be patient because I thought it was not working initially. I now have all my connected services, assist/sos, maps, phone app, health reports, etc.

Burner1352

Reaction score
What are you guys doing about the section that says

Before and after any single phase of update is MANDATORY to take a Vehicle Scan
Report by wiTECH. Scan reports can be requested during warranty claim
assessment; failing to show them can result in refusing to pay the warranty claim

I'm just curious as I would have the luck and some how brake it lol

ProKubinator

Reaction score
What are you guys doing about the section that says

Before and after any single phase of update is MANDATORY to take a Vehicle Scan
Report by wiTECH. Scan reports can be requested during warranty claim
assessment; failing to show them can result in refusing to pay the warranty claim

I'm just curious as I would have the luck and some how brake it lol
that's for the dealer getting reimbursed for their time for warranty work upgrading the software

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, I just did the update to version 39 and everything is back on without any disconnecting of the battery and resets. What's supposed to be different?

20220429_160922.jpg

BowDown

Reaction score
Well it looks like it screwed up my Sirius plan. I was on a SiriusXM Music & Entertainment plan but was getting All Access/Platinum some how for the same $6.48.
After the software update, my radio reset and the Sirius subscription update message flashed and a few channels stopped working. I called Sirius and restarted the Platinum Plan for $8.35.

Playing around with it some more, it does feel like the Sirius tuner works better and the entire unit as a whole is a little smoother and faster. The start up and accept licensing is gone but that may come back so IDK

Last edited:

Julio13

Reaction score
Mine is a 2021 big horn 12” screen with pr39.7 can I still install this I went to Uconnect put in vin but says I’m up to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theRamguy

Reaction score
Mine is a 2021 big horn 12” screen with pr39.7 can I still install this I went to Uconnect put in vin but says I’m up to date

The website does not show if updates are needed for 19+ rams. I actually contacted ramcares and uconnect about this.

Julio13

Reaction score
Yes just read that it won’t show thanks I went ahead and did it now it keeps installing other stuff when I removed usb says off-road pages installing besides other things let’s see

BowDown

Reaction score
Yes just read that it won’t show thanks I went ahead and did it now it keeps installing other stuff when I removed usb says off-road pages installing besides other things let’s see

Mine did that too, no off-road pages as in not 4x4

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was on 39.62 and did the 39.9 update. It fixed the issue was I was having on XM that going channel by channel it would skip a bunch of channels. Then if I went back one by one it would skip again. Sure there were other little fixes but this one annoyed me the most.

azzx

Reaction score
to do the update to 39.9:
copy zip files in to thumb drive and insert in to usb port?
any special procedure?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
to do the update to 39.9:
copy zip files in to thumb drive and insert in to usb port?
any special procedure?
Of the files you unzip, you only put the main fil in the zip drive. If you have other files on it, it won't work. Then just plug in thumb drive and turn on ignition. The truck does the rest.

azzx

Reaction score
Never mind -- got it installed
Truly appreciate the work by the guys who are posting these updates so we dont have to deal with dealers.
Question - post update on a banner on lower part of the screen it said that it is installing performance and off-road pages. however, I dont see them in the setup menu.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Never mind -- got it installed
Truly appreciate the work by the guys who are posting these updates so we dont have to deal with dealers.
Question - post update on a banner on lower part of the screen it said that it is installing performance and off-road pages. however, I dont see them in the setup menu.
You need to use alfaOBD to enable the pages.

Users who are viewing this thread