5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

Jexx

Reaction score
according to ram cares on the trx forum the next update is below, but more are coming

"Thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience that you've had gone through. Please let us know if you wish to have our Customer Care Team involved down the road, we'd be happy to assist. The S24.13 is the latest software update at the moment. Our technical team is currently working on an enhance software update which should be released in the upcoming months/soon. You will get a notification once that becomes available. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this have may caused you."

William
Ram Cares
How can you tell what version of the Uconnect software you are on? If I go into the settings and under Version Information, I don't see any information that says S24.13.

This is what my version info screen looks like PXL_20220831_125834385.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How can you tell what version of the Uconnect software you are on? If I go into the settings and under Version Information, I don't see any information that says S24.13.

This is what my version info screen looks like View attachment 138177
That’s because you have an 8.4 non nav UC5 radio that uses different software (build number). This thread is about updates for 2019-2021 UC4 12” radios. Then someone asks about a 12” UC5 radio software, and someone else posts info on the latest software for 2022 UC5 navigation equipped radios, and before you know it, the thread turns into an Abbott and Costello routine because nobody knows which software for which radio anybody is talking about anymore.

Steveinmd

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Did this update this evening and the update went great. Even used an old thumb drive that needed the correct format installed. Worked flawless.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
That’s because you have an 8.4 non nav UC5 radio that uses different software (build number). This thread is about updates for 2019-2021 UC4 12” radios. Then someone asks about a 12” UC5 radio software, and someone else posts info on the latest software for 2022 UC5 navigation equipped radios, and before you know it, the thread turns into an Abbott and Costello routine because nobody knows which software for which radio anybody is talking about anymore.
but the title of the thread is "

How to get radio update files"​

no mention of what size unless you read 4 pages

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
but the title of the thread is "

How to get radio update files"​

no mention of what size unless you read 4 pages
I will never understand why someone would reply to a thread by just reading a thread title.
This is the VERY FIRST sentence of the VERY FIRST post:
“Does anyone here have any way of getting the new 39.9 update that was just released for the 2019-2021 12 inch screens?”

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I will never understand why someone would reply to a thread by just reading a thread title.
“Does anyone here have any way of getting the new 39.9 update that was just released for the 2019-2021 12 inch screens?”
because when it is long we do not have the time to read every page

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
And THIS right here is why threads get derailed. If you don’t have the time to read the information that’s already been posted in a thread, then you have no business replying to it.
that is no fun and deprives post of needed info that just might help

it would be better if the posters who start a thread include all information

and this thread is in the incorrect section and no one mentions that!!!

i probably reported this fact but got shot down. and see what happens

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the software update files and walk through for 12 in. This goes up to 39.9

I'm on PR-39.62. I should be good to go for the 39.9 update right? Just double checking before I go down this rabbit hole.
I'm a little hesitant since I like to go by "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And THIS right here is why threads get derailed. If you don’t have the time to read the information that’s already been posted in a thread, then you have no business replying to it.

because when it is long we do not have the time to read every

Users who are viewing this thread