5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get radio update files

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UAX Updates - Google Drive

I was able to get the update. Link attached with the files. Follow the instructions in the PDF with the upgrade path. I was on 39.7 so I only needed to install 39.9. But if you’re on an earlier version you may need to do both.

I had to disconnect my battery and give it a couple of power cycles to get everything back working. Once I did that and also went to the "activate connected services" app it was good. Be patient because I thought it was not working initially. I now have all my connected services, assist/sos, maps, phone app, health reports, etc.

Just did mine as well with no issue. Did it with engine running and after radio restart and it went through the app updates (with text as each app installed just above bottom row of buttons) then shut it off. Left driver's door open for 5 minutes then removed USB stick. Restarted and everything worked as advertised.

Thank you!

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the tsb I'm above 34.1 and can upload the latest.. but it didn't work, so guess they're wrong.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got this email today. I wonder if it includes the 39.9 software update? Funny thing is, when I go to the UConnect website and enter my VIN, it says I'm up to date. :confused:

HURRY! SAVE $50 WHEN YOU UPDATE THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM MAP IN YOUR 2021 RAM 1500

UPDATE NOW
Ram
Don’t miss this brand-new update for your vehicle. Keep your navigation system running its best, and make sure addresses, roads, routes and new points of interest are up to date for Memorial Day weekend and beyond. Update today for only $99* and enjoy FREE shipping.**​

DON’T MISS OUT — GET YOUR UPDATE TODAY​

Installing a map update is the only way to have the latest map data in your Uconnect® system. By updating today, you’ll improve the map in your vehicle and also enjoy peace of mind knowing your system is:
gps navigation map
Always available
hands free
Hands-free and easy to use
cell tower
Accessible without a cellular signal
twisty road sign
Ready for your next trip — around town or to parts unknown

ORDER NOW AND SAVE $50*​

You’ll need the Application Version from your vehicle’s Uconnect screen to order your update. See online store for instructions.

Only $99* and free shipping**​

UPDATE NOW
VIN:
1C6SRFJT1MN81XXXX
SYSTEM:
12 Inch SBX

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got this email today. I wonder if it includes the 39.9 software update? Funny thing is, when I go to the UConnect website and enter my VIN, it says I'm up to date. :confused:

HURRY! SAVE $50 WHEN YOU UPDATE THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM MAP IN YOUR 2021 RAM 1500

UPDATE NOW
Ram
Don’t miss this brand-new update for your vehicle. Keep your navigation system running its best, and make sure addresses, roads, routes and new points of interest are up to date for Memorial Day weekend and beyond. Update today for only $99* and enjoy FREE shipping.**​

DON’T MISS OUT — GET YOUR UPDATE TODAY​

Installing a map update is the only way to have the latest map data in your Uconnect® system. By updating today, you’ll improve the map in your vehicle and also enjoy peace of mind knowing your system is:
gps navigation map
Always available
hands free
Hands-free and easy to use
cell tower
Accessible without a cellular signal
twisty road sign
Ready for your next trip — around town or to parts unknown

ORDER NOW AND SAVE $50*​

You’ll need the Application Version from your vehicle’s Uconnect screen to order your update. See online store for instructions.

Only $99* and free shipping**​

UPDATE NOW
VIN:
1C6SRFJT1MN81XXXX
SYSTEM:
12 Inch SBX
I think the latest map update only takes you to 39.7, and isnt worth it when you can get the software here for free

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I think the latest map update only takes you to 39.7, and isnt worth it when you can get the software here for free
I really don't need 39.9 and the map update isn't going to be very useful for me either. I'll probably do a map update every few years.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just try stepping it up with other versions
It seems to have reverted back to the previous version. Haven't had a chance to drive yet, but testing in the driveway everything seems to still work.

I rode in today, so won't get a chance to drive the truck until tomorrow.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to have reverted back to the previous version. Haven't had a chance to drive yet, but testing in the driveway everything seems to still work.

I rode in today, so won't get a chance to drive the truck until tomorrow.
If it didn't finish the updates it will still be on the original version

theRamguy

Reaction score
if yours fails try a new USB drive with the same files. I helped someone and it ended up being an issue with the flash drive itsself. Make sure to be in FAT32 format and only have the VP4RF_update folder in the flash drive

bucolic

Reaction score
Any updates for the 2022 12" Uconnect 5 yet? Mine hasn't worked right straight from the dealer. Freezes, blanks out, won't connect to the phone. I stopped at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they said nothing they can do to fix it at this time as they are waiting for updated software.

theRamguy

Reaction score
Any updates for the 2022 12" Uconnect 5 yet? Mine hasn't worked right straight from the dealer. Freezes, blanks out, won't connect to the phone. I stopped at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they said nothing they can do to fix it at this time as they are waiting for updated software.
UC5 should be on s23.1 according to the last TSB. UCONNECT_R1HIGH_S23.13_MY22_DT,RU,WL,VF.zip

1651598290461.png

BowDown

Reaction score
I really don't need 39.9 and the map update isn't going to be very useful for me either. I'll probably do a map update every few years.

This updates the map too? I thought it was only the firmware for the radio unit?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This updates the map too? I thought it was only the firmware for the radio unit?
No, this is just the radio update, but the new map release requires a newer software hence it includes the software update.

Users who are viewing this thread