5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

St-na

Reaction score
The settings for trailer steering aren’t in the list in AlfaOBD, yet.
Can't not find any diagrams for this system online, I assume we would need additional module to have this feature. After having all parts installed it must be possible to activate this system with dealer equipment or I am wrong?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't not find any diagrams for this system online, I assume we would need additional module to have this feature. After having all parts installed it must be possible to activate this system with dealer equipment or I am wrong?
There is a trailer steering module on canbus c, and that plugs into the trailer steering knob lower switch bank. The rear camera coax cable (or CVPM output cable if surround view equipped) gets routed through the trailer steer module before it hits the radio module. There will be a custom harness needed (I already have parts on the way).
I doubt the sales code would be available to add for your VIN. You would have to convince the service manager to ask the area rep to see if it can me made available, and Ram engineering could just say no, with no reason. I’m sure it’ll be in one of the AlfaOBD updates soon enough.

spb_sloram

Reaction score
Looking like adding this into a TRX is easier than the 'normal' trucks. Interested myself - Have a 2022 TRX on order but didn't opt for the advanced tech package... one of those things i'd like but don't really need but if its cheap to add it then why not right!

For ACC its as simple as adding the switch and unlocking it in AlphaOBD. LKA is going to need the center stack and then the programming. Does anyone know if the Tazer and AlphaOBD can work together? Side note: you really cant just get the LKA button for the center stack? Seems a little excessive to need to change out the entire thing and not really cost effective. Based on what everyone else is having to do I assume they don't just sell the damn button separate :cautious:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking like adding this into a TRX is easier than the 'normal' trucks. Interested myself - Have a 2022 TRX on order but didn't opt for the advanced tech package... one of those things i'd like but don't really need but if its cheap to add it then why not right!

For ACC its as simple as adding the switch and unlocking it in AlphaOBD. LKA is going to need the center stack and then the programming. Does anyone know if the Tazer and AlphaOBD can work together? Side note: you really cant just get the LKA button for the center stack? Seems a little excessive to need to change out the entire thing and not really cost effective. Based on what everyone else is having to do I assume they don't just sell the damn button separate :cautious:
If your TRX comes with forward collision warning then you should be able to add ACC by adding the button. And no, you can't just add a button for LKA, you need to whole center stack. I mean if you could just add the button don't you think we would have just done that.

Scorch95

Reaction score
Is this the correct center stack part we need? Is there anything else? I’m assuming I could transfer over the switches from my current one? Or could I disassemble both and move the sub board with the upper buttons to my existing unit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
Is this the correct center stack part we need? Is there anything else? I’m assuming I could transfer over the switches from my current one? Or could I disassemble both and move the sub board with the upper buttons to my existing unit?

Yes, that is what you need. The switches at the bottom get moved over.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
Yes, that is what you need. The switches at the bottom get moved over.
@Scorch95 ... Yeah, four torx screws and just pop out with the tabs and move over to the new stack. There are a bunch of videos out there with different views...when I get back home I'll see if I can find the one I looked at, it was a third party upgrade from someone, but it showed removing the bottom buttons..can't remember off hand who it was though...

sportgd

Reaction score
I am about to put in a large parts order for my upcoming upgrades and a question popped into my head that I figured I would double check... are the blindspot sensors required for the self-parking features?

Thanks!

Scorch95

Reaction score
Does the center stack require pairing to the vehicle or plug and go?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the center stack require pairing to the vehicle or plug and go?

If you upgrade from a 8.4 screen, then you have to get a jumper cable or re pin the existing connector.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
So Just a quick update for the Parking Mod, most of the MOPAR sites are showing the 68475607AA as not available. So I called and they had to send me a link to order the replacement 68475607AB. Just in case anyone with a 2021 was trying to do this mod.

I also have the 68490771AB unopened for the 2020 and earlier since I couldn't return it, if anyone is looking...

Scorch95

Reaction score
So Just a quick update for the Parking Mod, most of the MOPAR sites are showing the 68475607AA as not available. So I called and they had to send me a link to order the replacement 68475607AB. Just in case anyone with a 2021 was trying to do this mod.

I also have the 68490771AB unopened for the 2020 and earlier since I couldn't return it, if anyone is looking...

The places I’ve searched show the new part number as discontinued as well.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The places I’ve searched show the new part number as discontinued as well.

I always search past numbers by removing the last two alpha parts. The last two are used for the revision.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
I always search past numbers by removing the last two alpha parts. The last two are used for the revision.
Yeah I do that too, the one they sent me in the email didn't come up when I searched for it. And funny enough, after I placed the order from the link they sent me, I got a followup email saying it was on backorder..lol..oh well..ill let you guys know when I get it...

Kicker0927

Reaction score
So, I apologize ahead of time, I've only read back through a handful of pages on this thread. It's a lot of information. Does anyone know a rough cost to have the dealership add ACC and Active Parking Assist on a 2021 Laramie that already has a 12" screen and FCW? Thanks in advance!

vincentw56

Reaction score
So, I apologize ahead of time, I've only read back through a handful of pages on this thread. It's a lot of information. Does anyone know a rough cost to have the dealership add ACC and Active Parking Assist on a 2021 Laramie that already has a 12" screen and FCW? Thanks in advance!
They will not do it. It costs about $3000. The only thing the dealer will do is calibrate the radar and camera.

Users who are viewing this thread