5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did this, is there any configuration that I should see in the screen about this feature?
After enabled this I have this light ON, which I believe will go off after several drives and engine cycles? View attachment 97730
There will be a setting for it in the radio under forward collision warning, I believe.
Do you have any faults in the BCM and Driver assistance module?

gmenarvino

Reaction score
There will be a setting for it in the radio under forward collision warning, I believe.
Do you have any faults in the BCM and Driver assistance module?
Ok, I believe it will appear after some drives.
No, I had from when disconnected the battery yesterday but just checked and no errors in the BCM, but the light is ON

gmenarvino

Reaction score
I don't have a video, but it is easier than removing the airbag on the steering wheel. Two bolts on top. Pull the whole unit out and remove the screen and reinstall. Seriously, if you can remove the airbag and install that switch, you'll have no problem with it.
OK... I just ordered the screen.... you and @Stepanchina did it LOL
I will also test park assist which this actually doesn't come (stock) in TRXs.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I believe it will appear after some drives.
No, I had from when disconnected the battery yesterday but just checked and no errors in the BCM, but the light is ON

If the setting has shown up on the screen yet, go in and make sure the pedestrian alert/braking is on. If it’s still off you’ll have that light on the dash. At least that’s how it was when I enabled it on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmenarvino

Reaction score
If the setting has shown up on the screen yet, go in and make sure the pedestrian alert/braking is on. If it’s still off you’ll have that light on the dash. At least that’s how it was when I enabled it on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi @MayhemMOORE thanks I went for a short ride and after that the option become available.
As you said, I enabled and the light went off.

Attachments

• PXL_20210623_193559474.jpg
    PXL_20210623_193559474.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 77

St-na

Reaction score
@Stepanchina ..I must have missed it, did you already replace both HCU and ABS Module and had a successful ACC addition? I've only been waiting on one of us 2021 yahoos to finish up before I order them myself?
No need to wait for me, I will complete my project by Aug 15th, when I am back. I have no any doubts, that I just need to follow tbd0021 procedure for ABS/HCU, since it was confirmed by www.moparpartsinc.com, that my truck has 68415317AA HCU factory installed.

Last edited:

gmenarvino

Reaction score
Guys, my screen with the 3 buttons on the top is arriving early next week. Just to know, in case I want to test park assist, which will be the BCM lines to activate this?
I know I may need more sensors, but I want to give a shot. @Jimmy07 Could you confirm?

Thank you

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys, my screen with the 3 buttons on the top is arriving early next week. Just to know, in case I want to test park assist, which will be the BCM lines to activate this?
I know I may need more sensors, but I want to give a shot. @Jimmy07 Could you confirm?

Thank you
You will need the new ParkTronics module that has the brains for Semi-auto park.

vincentw56

Reaction score
do you have the part number?

from the programing side it is just one line?
VehConfig 1: PTS configuration: Semi Automatic
1 of 68464880AD, MODULE Parking Assist.
1 of 68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA. [Rear Bumper Module], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry].
2 of 5YV68TZZAA, SENSOR, Park Assist. Outboard. (FRONT)
2 of 6MK25TZZAA, SENSOR. Park Assist. Inboard. (REAR)
1 of 68404409AA, VALANCE. Rear. Left. Outer.
1 of 68404408AA, VALANCE. Rear. Right. Outer.

And yes, that should be the only setting.

gmenarvino

Reaction score
1 of 68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA. [Rear Bumper Module], [Parallel and Perp Park Assist w/Stop], [Remote Proximity Keyless Entry].

Thank you so much!
Where the 68464880AD, MODULE Parking Assist. goes?

For the rest of the sensors, could you please take some pics from your truck indicating where are located each of them?

Thank you!

sportgd

Reaction score
Hi all, I appreciate all these write ups and have been following along closely! I assume based on the write up and part numbers that you already had most of the proximity sensors already on your truck? That is one of the upgrades I am looking to do as mine doesn't have any and I expect that will be required to add the auto park in the future.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Hi all, I appreciate all these write ups and have been following along closely! I assume based on the write up and part numbers that you already had most of the proximity sensors already on your truck? That is one of the upgrades I am looking to do as mine doesn't have any and I expect that will be required to add the auto park in the future.
My truck came with ParkAssit which has the sensor in the front and rear. Semi-auto park requires the parts listed above which includes 2 new sensors in the back. . Plus, the button on the center stack.

sportgd

Reaction score
My truck came with ParkAssit which has the sensor in the front and rear. Semi-auto park requires the parts listed above which includes 2 new sensors in the back. . Plus, the button on the center stack.
Thanks! That is exactly the way I read it. I saw another post about adding park assist itself so I will see if that is applicable and I can piece together the parts list needed to do both.

FM45

Reaction score
@ sport---

If you're referring to my write-up... follow my how-to but just substitute/add-on the parts required for the semi-auto... it's just a couple of extra parts and steps.. If you need more just pm me...

-=FM45=-

gmenarvino

Reaction score

@vincentw56 @FM45 I validated all parts for my truck and the only one that does not match for TRX is 68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA the site is recommending me to switch that to:

Rear Fascia Wiring - Mopar (68490771AB)

It looks to me that the recommended wiring hardness also comes for six sensors, here is the reference:

1624666507820.png

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@vincentw56 @FM45 I validated all parts for my truck and the only one that does not match for TRX is 68360453AD, WIRING. REAR FASCIA the site is recommending me to switch that to:

Rear Fascia Wiring - Mopar (68490771AB)

It looks to me that the recommended wiring hardness also comes for six sensors, here is the reference:

View attachment 98019
For the rear facia harness, you can not use a harness from a 2019-2020 truck because the main connector on it has been changed on 2021s. The second part number you posted is for regular park assist with stop. You would be probably looking at 68475607AA, which is a fully loaded rear facia harness with parallel perp park.

gmenarvino

Reaction score
For the rear facia harness, you can not use a harness from a 2019-2020 truck because the main connector on it has been changed on 2021s. The second part number you posted is for regular park assist with stop. You would be probably looking at 68475607AA, which is a fully loaded rear facia harness with parallel perp park.
Thank you @Jimmy07 the 68475607AA shows as not fit in TRX but I will assume this is because TRXs doesn't come with this feature from stock.

xJudge21x

Reaction score
Well dangit, I blew that one...I didn't even think about @vincentw56 vehicle being a 2020...okay then so just to confirm all the other parts are the same for a 2021 except the rear facsia wiring harness; that part I should be switching out to 68475607AA. Right?

Users who are viewing this thread