5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Order all my parts. Just waiting for them to come in. It is crazy how fast most of the part numbers have changed. I am waiting on some quotes on the windshield.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The windshield people are telling me there are like 18 different windshields for this. Said they needed a VIN to get the right one.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I'm in an interesting situation.

2019 2500 Power Wagon. Fully loaded minus the HK sound system and Lane Departure Warning.

I have the full safety group, but in 2019 on the HDs that did not include the available lane departure warning. It was separate option and lane mitigation (where it nudges the steering wheel) was not available then.

So since I have the full safety group I believe I already have all the hardware needed for the lane warning. What settings do you think I should try in AflaOBD to enable the lane departure warning? I would think it would be:

Lane Departure Warning Present: Yes
Lane Departure Warning CSM Present: Yes

Any others I should try?

Thank you.

vincentw56

Reaction score

2019 2500 Power Wagon. Fully loaded minus the HK sound system and Lane Departure Warning.

I have the full safety group, but in 2019 on the HDs that did not include the available lane departure warning. It was separate option and lane mitigation (where it nudges the steering wheel) was not available then.

So since I have the full safety group I believe I already have all the hardware needed for the lane warning. What settings do you think I should try in AflaOBD to enable the lane departure warning? I would think it would be:

Any others I should try?

Thank you.
I think you will also need the physical button.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I think you will also need the physical button.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Oh, that's right there is a button above the radio! Anyone have a part # for just the button? I didn't see it listed in the PDF attachment.

I'll have to pull the bezel off and see if the harness is already sitting there.

Last edited:

Necrosand

Reaction score
Oh, that's right there is a button above the radio! Anyone have a part # for just the button? I didn't see it listed in the PDF attachment.

I'll have to pull the bezel off and see if the harness is already sitting there.
You need to replace the whole screen. It's like ~$500 USD for the one with both the lane keep button + auto park button, or $1000ish for the one with _only_ the lane keep button.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Any others I should try?

Thank you.
The HD trucks are going to be a little different, because you also need the steering gear box with torque overlay module. On Ram trucks, there is no such feature as lane departure warning only (evidenced by the fact that a 12” screen or radio bezel with lane daparture warning button did not exist for the 2019 HD model year), it’s always been offered as “lane sense, lane departure warning PLUS”. I don’t know if it will work trying to enable only VehConfig 7 Lane departure warning present, because it may also be looking for P/T Chassis Net: EPS Electric Power Steering for the torque overlay module. Before you buy a screen, hoping to only get the warning portion of the feature to work, I would enable those two settings you have listed, and see if there are any faults in the BCM or DASM. The system won’t care, and won’t kick out any faults for just the on/off switch not being present, but it will if it doesn’t like the configuration without the overlay module.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Messed with the settings a little more tonight now that I have a functioning windows tablet that actually connects.

@Jimmy07, any ideas as to why as long as I am connected to the abs module, I can get ACC to come up and display just fine without any warnings, but as soon as I disconnect I lose it along with AEB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Disregard my last post. Good news....I got ACC functioning, still have FCW/AEB, regular cruise, and have no warnings on the dash. I only went around the block and didn’t have the chance to test it in traffic, but I’ll do that tomorrow. Also haven’t cycled the ignition more than once since I got it working, so I don’t want to say there are no issues and it’s here to stay until I’m sure of it. I’ll pull a log and post up the changes required on my truck, cause they don’t quite match up with what was posted by @tdb0021 for his truck.

Reaction score
Disregard my last post. Good news....I got ACC functioning, still have FCW/AEB, regular cruise, and have no warnings on the dash. I only went around the block and didn’t have the chance to test it in traffic, but I’ll do that tomorrow. Also haven’t cycled the ignition more than once since I got it working, so I don’t want to say there are no issues and it’s here to stay until I’m sure of it. I’ll pull a log and post up the changes required on my truck, cause they don’t quite match up with what was posted by @tdb0021 for his truck.

Can you elaborate on what settings or procedures you did to get it working?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what settings or procedures you did to get it working?

I want to hold off until I know it’s a permanent change or not. I cycled the ignition again and got warning lights and had to go back in and undo then redo changes to get back to having it work. So something is still acting funny and the change isn’t sticking permanently. I’ll see what I can come up with tomorrow.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to hold off until I know it’s a permanent change or not. I cycled the ignition again and got warning lights and had to go back in and undo then redo changes to get back to having it work. So something is still acting funny and the change isn’t sticking permanently. I’ll see what I can come up with tomorrow.

Only thing you did was change like one or two additional settings right? So maybe we don’t need an ABS module. Look forward to seeing what your results are tomorrow!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only thing you did was change like one or two additional settings right? So maybe we don’t need an ABS module. Look forward to seeing what your results are tomorrow!

Wasn’t any extra, just a different configuration of the ones listed. Doing a little more testing this morning. Had it working on the highway and it would speed up and slow down based on distance selected. However I’m not confident the brakes engage to slow the truck if someone slows down quickly, as I had to manually hit them when I got a little too close for comfort. After a few miles the system kicked off and I got the lights again. I’ll see what codes might be in there and mess with it again later.
9bc49bbfb3d89a5191dee42b174a837c.jpg

St-na

Reaction score
Received my screen Yesterday and trying to activate LKA in bcm, first wanted to upload present bsm system ID, see this files on my Google drive, but only 0b size, can not open them by any programs either send by email. They are shown as "unsupported files" What did I make wrong?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received my screen Yesterday and trying to activate LKA in bcm, first wanted to upload present bsm system ID, see this files on my Google drive, but only 0b size, can not open them by any programs either send by email. They are shown as "unsupported files" What did I make wrong?

Are you on windows or android?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have to read the bcm system ID first so there will be a log to start off with.

St-na

Reaction score
You have to read the bcm system ID first so there will be a log to start off with.
Thanks for that, it helped. Is it normal to have attached warning? I tried all options for DT module 2019-2021.

Attachments

• screensh.jpg
    screensh.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 75

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for that, it helped. Is it normal to have attached warning? I tried all options for DT module 2019-2021.
Yes, that's nothing to worry about, seems to come up on the 21's due to the part number not being in the database I believe.

St-na

Reaction score
Went throw my bsm setting and see some related to LKA, but not shown in tbd0021 instruction:
VehConfig 7:

Cust.Set.Menu 1:

Lane Departure Torque CSM Present: No/YES
Lane Departure Warning CSM Present: No/YES

Cust.Set.Menu 2:

Lane Keep Assist Warning Mode CSM Present: No/?
Lane Keep Assist Sensitivity CSM Present: No/?
Lane Keep Assist Strength CSM Present: No/?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went throw my bsm setting and see some related to LKA, but not shown in tbd0021 instruction:
VehConfig 7:

Cust.Set.Menu 1:

Lane Departure Torque CSM Present: YES
Lane Departure Warning CSM Present: YES

Cust.Set.Menu 2:

Lane Keep Assist Warning Mode CSM Present: NO
Lane Keep Assist Sensitivity CSM Present: NO
Lane Keep Assist Strength CSM Present: NO

Any suggestions? Thanks!
In your quote, I put the correct settings after each one.

Users who are viewing this thread