5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your ABS module is 68436461AH. I looked for the ABS module with Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go and seems like You need: Part Number: 68436462AJ : https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Ram...ti-Lock-Brake-System/97714279/68436462AJ.html
Did you look that up online on one of the parts sites, or actually have access to Star Parts? The system the dealer uses will tell them the exact part number installed on your specific VIN, except for the HCU on the 21's which apparently isn't in any database that I've found.

St-na

Reaction score
Did you look that up online on one of the parts sites, or actually have access to Star Parts? The system the dealer uses will tell them the exact part number installed on your specific VIN, except for the HCU on the 21's which apparently isn't in any database that I've found.
The site I am using is pretty accurate, description is also clear "Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go", they are using provided VIN to make sure that the part fits, before shipment. It's also easy to confirm by calling them with the VIN from the vehicle with ACC. There are only 2 options of ABS modules (both fits 2021): 68436461AI (No ACC), 68436462AJ (with ACC)

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The site I am using is pretty accurate, description is also clear "Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go", they are using provided VIN to make sure that the part fits, before shipment. It's also easy to confirm by calling them with the VIN from the vehicle with ACC.
The problem is, on the 21's, the part number listed directly on the HCU on my truck, those of you on here who have looked, and even the limited I looked at, doesn't show up anywhere including Star Parts. I want to compare what the dealer shows for my truck and the ABS module on the limited to see if they are different before I order one. Something changed on the 21's and it's not coming up in any systems so there's no way to know yet if it's compatible with previous versions of the ABS module.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sorry then I have to have the fcw before I can install acc
Not necessarily. There are three different/separate systems being discussed here- adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, and lane keep assist, but they all share one thing in common- the DASM, which is the camera on the windshield by the rear view mirror. If you get all the parts necessary for adaptive cruise to work, then you only need to make a few more settings changes to get forward collision warning working. Also, if you have all the parts for ACC, you are only a few settings and a radio bezel/12” screen away from getting lane keep assist working.
For your 2020, you would follow the document in the first post for adding ACC. You would be starting from scratch, needing the DASM, windshield, right steering wheel switch, abs module, hydraulic control unit, mirror covers and bracket, and the dealer to calibrate the DASM.

Necrosand

Reaction score
The site I am using is pretty accurate, description is also clear "Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop and Go", they are using provided VIN to make sure that the part fits, before shipment. It's also easy to confirm by calling them with the VIN from the vehicle with ACC. There are only 2 options of ABS modules (both fits 2021): 68436461AI (No ACC), 68436462AJ (with ACC)
Thanks for finding out the correct, most recent ABS module part number for 21 MY vehicles. I noticed in the original guide linked in the first post of this thread the PN referenced for the ACC ABS module was 68436462AF (an earlier revision, but the base number here is what's important.) 68436462AJ ordered and waiting!

nekit

Reaction score
Thanks for finding out the correct, most recent ABS module part number for 21 MY vehicles. I noticed in the original guide linked in the first post of this thread the PN referenced for the ACC ABS module was 68436462AF (an earlier revision, but the base number here is what's important.) 68436462AJ ordered and waiting!
So I'm confused. When I look at most of the online OEM places they list the 68436461AG as the ABS module for the 2021. I can put in a base model Bighorn or a Limited and they both show this module. They seem to show the 68436462AJ as for the 2019 & 2020.
So I'm confused. When I look at most of the online OEM places they list the 68436461AG as the ABS module for the 2021. I can put in a base model Bighorn or a Limited and they both show this module. They seem to show the 68436462AJ as for the 2019 & 2020.

My module on my 2021 Bighorn with Auto Emergency Braking Plus, Lane Keep Assist, but NO Adaptive Cruise Control doesn't have a Mopar part # just an ATE. See picture. I want to add ACC, but not sure if I need a different module.

Attachments

• IMG_8985.jpg
    IMG_8985.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 77

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My module on my 2021 Bighorn with Auto Emergency Braking Plus, Lane Keep Assist, but NO Adaptive Cruise Control doesn't have a Mopar part # just an ATE. See picture. I want to add ACC, but not sure if I need a different module.
This is the issue with the 21's, there just isn't any hard data on part numbers on them. I still plan on going to the dealer and having them look up the part numbers utilizing the VIN of my truck and comparing it to a Laramie on the lot with the advanced safety group. If they come back different, at least I have a better starting point when ordering a $200 part I can't return.

St-na

Reaction score

As mentioned already 68436461AG is without ACC function.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Confirmed on a 21 Laramie with the complete advanced safety group that the HCU on the truck has the same part number as mine. According to Star Parts that truck utilizes 68436462AJ for the ABS module whereas my truck has 68436461AI. I ordered the one that’s on the other truck and I guess we’ll see if it works when it gets here if someone else doesn’t get it accomplished first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Confirmed on a 21 Laramie with the complete advanced safety group that the HCU on the truck has the same part number as mine. According to Star Parts that truck utilizes 68436462AJ for the ABS module whereas my truck has 68436461AI. I ordered the one that’s on the other truck and I guess we’ll see if it works when it gets here if someone else doesn’t get it accomplished first.

That has to be it. I can't see why else you would be having those odd issues with what your truck is currently equipped with.

nekit

Reaction score

Looking forward to hearing how it works out. Thanks for being the Guinea Pig:). I'm planning on purchasing one, if it works out for one of you.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That has to be it. I can't see why else you would be having those odd issues with what your truck is currently equipped with.

Unless there is something somewhere else that’s different I don’t see what else it can be at this point. I’m pretty sure there is only one dasm regardless of the rest of the features. It was working minus actively braking on the highway for a bit, but as Jimmy07 pointed out, once the truck realized it wasn’t the right module it stopped and shut off everything.

My poorly educated guess still thinks the current module is capable of full on/off brake modulation for the forward collision, but not the smooth operation needed for the stop and go feature. Given that every ‘21 truck I have looked at has the same part number on the HCU (regardless of what star parts says it has) the abs module is the last piece of the puzzle. We should know for sure in about a week.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing how it works out. Thanks for being the Guinea Pig:). I'm planning on purchasing one, if it works out for one of you.

I’m hopeful this will get it working. I enjoy tinkering with stuff and learning how it all works, so hopefully in about a week I’ll have a definitive answer and can find something else to mess with. Even the parts guy was curious why I was asking him to look up all this stuff, but he was more than willing to help track down the answer using different vin’s for me.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m hopeful this will get it working. I enjoy tinkering with stuff and learning how it all works, so hopefully in about a week I’ll have a definitive answer and can find something else to mess with. Even the parts guy was curious why I was asking him to look up all this stuff, but he was more than willing to help track down the answer using different vin’s for me.

I am assuming most people don't ever get this into the weeds on parts numbers and year to year part specifics. Without places like this forum most would never even know you can add features like ACC after purchase with OEM parts.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unless there is something somewhere else that’s different I don’t see what else it can be at this point. I’m pretty sure there is only one dasm regardless of the rest of the features. It was working minus actively braking on the highway for a bit, but as Jimmy07 pointed out, once the truck realized it wasn’t the right module it stopped and shut off everything.

My poorly educated guess still thinks the current module is capable of full on/off brake modulation for the forward collision, but not the smooth operation needed for the stop and go feature. Given that every ‘21 truck I have looked at has the same part number on the HCU (regardless of what star parts says it has) the abs module is the last piece of the puzzle. We should know for sure in about a week.

Bonus feature to check out in the meantime: See if you can get the pedestrian emergency braking feature working. It is a sub feature of FCW, but *might* also need the correct abs module.
VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake (PEB) Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present- YES

Users who are viewing this thread