5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

St-na

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. At least the settings showed up so I'm headed the right way. Now I just have to fins a center stack that has the button for LKA but not the park assist, and also has the ventilated seat buttons. That's proving to be the biggest challenge for this portion of it.
I am on the same track, but why do You need ventilated seat buttons? There are no physical buttons with my 12" setup. Vent seats are controlled by soft keys.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am on the same track, but why do You need ventilated seat buttons? There are no physical buttons with my 12" setup. Vent seats are controlled by soft keys.
I've got the 8.4 nav so I still have hard keys for the steering wheel and heated/ventilated seats.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems my truck had the DASM. I’d be interested in adding the ACC as I’ve heard that is one of the nicer features of these trucks and I already use cruise control quite a bit. Curious how involved it would be to add that. Nice work to the OP and those involved on this!

You're in the same situation as me. I'm trying to figure out if the ABS and HCU unit in my truck will work for ACC. I'm not having much luck finding any info on the part number. If you get a chance, I'd be curious to see if your truck has the same one as mine. If you have alfaobd you can check it, or you can look in the driver's side wheel well and see the part number on the module itself.
How about the HCU (that the ABS module is attached to)- can you guys get the part number off of it somehow?
Since the switch is needed for adaptive cruise regardless, I would just start by swapping out the right steering wheel switch with part number 68309592AD, configure the BCM for adaptive cruise with stop and go, and see if it’s good to go.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about the HCU (that the ABS module is attached to)- can you guys get the part number off of it somehow?
Since the switch is needed for adaptive cruise regardless, I would just start by swapping out the right steering wheel switch with part number 68309592AD, configure the BCM for adaptive cruise with stop and go, and see if it’s good to go.
I didn't see a typical part number tag on it anywhere, this is the stuff that is etched on it though.

IMG_9703.jpeg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s the part number off of mine. 4BB9D4EC-F68A-4F07-946B-041F31C21864.jpeg

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s the part number off of mine.
Looks to be the same as mine. I can't find anything online so far that correlates with it. I'm gonna stop by the dealer tomorrow and order the switch, so I'll see if they can pull up anything in their system.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks to be the same as mine. I can't find anything online so far that correlates with it. I'm gonna stop by the dealer tomorrow and order the switch, so I'll see if they can pull up anything in their system.
Are you thinking it’ll require more than the steering wheel switch and configuring the BCM to get ACC?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you thinking it’ll require more than the steering wheel switch and configuring the BCM to get ACC?
Not sure. It would be nice to have some data on the ABS parts to see if they support ACC or not. Jimmy07 believes it should since it works with the FCW system.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure. It would be nice to have some data on the ABS parts to see if they support ACC or not. Jimmy07 believes it should since it works with the FCW system.
You’re just looking to add the ACC right? I know you have most of the other features. More than me as I have a level 1 equipment group. I still think I have the FCW because it freaks me out from time to time and it’s not the parking sensors haha.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re just looking to add the ACC right? I know you have most of the other features. More than me as I have a level 1 equipment group. I still think I have the FCW because it freaks me out from time to time and it’s not the parking sensors haha.
I'm gonna add the ACC and lane sense if I can ever find the right center stack. I think the FCW is standard on the Laramie's for '21, there would be no point in having the DASM in your truck if it wasn't.

St-na

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20210424_084550.jpg
    20210424_084550.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20210424_130600.jpg
    20210424_130600.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210424_131124.jpg
    20210424_131124.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 20210425_154310.jpg
    20210425_154310.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 109

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna add the ACC and lane sense if I can ever find the right center stack. I think the FCW is standard on the Laramie's for '21, there would be no point in having the DASM in your truck if it wasn't.
So the ACC doesnt use a radar module just the camera? Guess I may just have to order that 12" with the buttons and get ACC and Lanesense.

St-na

Reaction score
So the ACC doesnt use a radar module just the camera? Guess I may just have to order that 12" with the buttons and get ACC and Lanesense.
Just placed an order for 12" with the buttons. $488 including shipping seems to be a great deal.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It uses the DASM to control everything, which is basically a camera/radar sensor. Check out the attachment in the original post, it details all the functions of the DASM a few pages down.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just placed an order for 12" with the buttons. $488 including shipping seems to be a great deal.
Where did you order through and what part number? That’s a crazy cheap price.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I just add the ACC feature and not the lane assist and keep my current screen? I can’t see me really enjoying the lane keep assist after watching the video on it.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I just add the ACC feature and not the lane assist and keep my current screen? I can’t see me really enjoying the lane keep assist after watching the video on it.
You should be able to add the switch on the wheel for ACC and not enable the settings for lane sense. The question is whether or not our current ABS module and HCU will work with ACC.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I plan on doing the same. I'm still skeptical that it includes the screen, but we will see. That's the cheapest I've found it.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Users who are viewing this thread