5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

tdb0021

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen, I'm impressed with all this work!
I have a question for you, I have a brand new ram trx that because I wasn't able to build myself it didn't come with adaptive cruise control, but it has all other features, this is what I actually have: (see below in yellow color)

@Stepanchina I think I saw you mentioning you got lane keep assist working just changing config? (no ACC)

@Jimmy07 see attached the stock system ID parameters.

@Stepanchina and @Jimmy07 I think I just need to order:
And some config over AlfaOBD?
What would be the changes? those published by @tdb0021 ?
You need to enable/disable the following:
Auto Highbeam: Yes
Cruise Control Present: No
Collision Mitigation System Present: Yes
Forward Collision Warning Present: Yes
Lane Departure Warning Present: Yes
Full Speed Range Forward Collision Warning Plus System: Yes
Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present: ACC with stop and go
Auto High Beam Module Location: IRCM
Forward Collision Warning CSM Present: Feature 2 – 3 Option
Forward Collision Mitigation Braking CSM Present: No
Auto High Beam CSM Present: Yes
Lane Departure Torque CSM Present: Yes
Lane Departure Warning CSM Present: Yes
LDW On/Off CSM Present: No
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) Switch CSM Present: No
Forward Collision Warning Single Setting (Warning and Brake) CSM Present: Yes
ACC Adaptive Cruise Control: Not enabled
ACC/DASM Adaptive Cruise Control/Driver Assistance Module: Enabled

In addition to the TRX base equipment
A6E TRX Level 2 Equipment Group 7

*YL Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
CAH Ventilated Rear Seats
CAJ Ventilated Front Seats
CAK Rr 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat
CMA Heated Front Seats
CSV Driver/Psngr Assist Handles Wrapped
CTH Luxury Front Door Trim Panel
CUE Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
CVT Full Length Prem Upgraded Floor Cons
GFA Rear Window Defroster
GNC Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
GXD Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
JEK Premium Wrapped I/P Bezel
JHC Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
JKR Remote Tailgate Release
JPZ Heated Second Row Seats
JRS Power 4-way Passenger Lumbar Adjust
JTE Power 8-Way Driver/Passenger Seats
LB1 Front Door Accent Lighting
LB2 Rear Door Accent Lighting
LBE IP LED Ambient Light Pipe
LEM Exterior Mirrors w/Memory
LEQ Driver Seat Memory
LEV Radio/Drv Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory
LPL Pick-Up Box Lighting
MNK Body Color Door Handles
NHS Heated Steering Wheel
RFX Wireless Charging Pad
SC1 Leather/Suede Flat-Bottom Strg Whl
XAK Surround View Camera System
XAM Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory
XAN Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
XBM Remote Start System
XGD Universal Garage Door Opener
XH4 Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop
XHC Trailer Brake Control

Thank you!
Gaston

Based on what we have seen so far, you will have to replace your ABS Module and HCU for ACC - we are still waiting for someone to confirm that this is the procedure for trucks that came with FCW but not ACC. For lane assist, you should be able to enable the options and add the button on the dash to get it working.

gmenarvino

Reaction score
Based on what we have seen so far, you will have to replace your ABS Module and HCU for ACC - we are still waiting for someone to confirm that this is the procedure for trucks that came with FCW but not ACC. For lane assist, you should be able to enable the options and add the button on the dash to get it working.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I read all thread and I'm waiting for the results, however I think in my case I have the correct Hsu and abs modules just because it came with parksense with stop, basically it automatically manage the brakes while parking but this is an assumption, is there any way to see what modules I currently have from the ECU?

In the meantime I will work with lane assist that is only reprogramming work, could you reconfirm code lines to be modified for lane assist only?? (I saw something posted but I'm not sure)
Also, I was playing a little bit and I think I can also program mirrors auto folding, I will let you know.

St-na

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen, I'm impressed with all this work!
I have a question for you, I have a brand new ram trx that because I wasn't able to build myself it didn't come with adaptive cruise control, but it has all other features, this is what I actually have: (see below in yellow color)

@Stepanchina I think I saw you mentioning you got lane keep assist working just changing config? (no ACC)

@Jimmy07 see attached the stock system ID parameters.

@Stepanchina and @Jimmy07 I think I just need to order:
And some config over AlfaOBD?
What would be the changes? those published by @tdb0021 ?
You need to enable/disable the following:
Auto Highbeam: Yes
Cruise Control Present: No
Collision Mitigation System Present: Yes
Forward Collision Warning Present: Yes
Lane Departure Warning Present: Yes
Full Speed Range Forward Collision Warning Plus System: Yes
Type of adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system present: ACC with stop and go
Auto High Beam Module Location: IRCM
Forward Collision Warning CSM Present: Feature 2 – 3 Option
Forward Collision Mitigation Braking CSM Present: No
Auto High Beam CSM Present: Yes
Lane Departure Torque CSM Present: Yes
Lane Departure Warning CSM Present: Yes
LDW On/Off CSM Present: No
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) Switch CSM Present: No
Forward Collision Warning Single Setting (Warning and Brake) CSM Present: Yes
ACC Adaptive Cruise Control: Not enabled
ACC/DASM Adaptive Cruise Control/Driver Assistance Module: Enabled

In addition to the TRX base equipment
A6E TRX Level 2 Equipment Group 7

*YL Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
CAH Ventilated Rear Seats
CAJ Ventilated Front Seats
CAK Rr 60/40 Folding Split Recline Seat
CMA Heated Front Seats
CSV Driver/Psngr Assist Handles Wrapped
CTH Luxury Front Door Trim Panel
CUE Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
CVT Full Length Prem Upgraded Floor Cons
GFA Rear Window Defroster
GNC Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors
GXD Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
JEK Premium Wrapped I/P Bezel
JHC Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
JKR Remote Tailgate Release
JPZ Heated Second Row Seats
JRS Power 4-way Passenger Lumbar Adjust
JTE Power 8-Way Driver/Passenger Seats
LB1 Front Door Accent Lighting
LB2 Rear Door Accent Lighting
LBE IP LED Ambient Light Pipe
LEM Exterior Mirrors w/Memory
LEQ Driver Seat Memory
LEV Radio/Drv Seat/Mirrors/Pedals Memory
LPL Pick-Up Box Lighting
MNK Body Color Door Handles
NHS Heated Steering Wheel
RFX Wireless Charging Pad
SC1 Leather/Suede Flat-Bottom Strg Whl
XAK Surround View Camera System
XAM Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory
XAN Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
XBM Remote Start System
XGD Universal Garage Door Opener
XH4 Parksense Ft/Rr Park Assist w/Stop
XHC Trailer Brake Control

Thank you!
Gaston
Not only configuration, but physical button (I have changed the screen, part number is shown in this post). I am out of country for the long vacation, will finalize ACC and self parking when I am back by the end of August. Comma.ai is also considered.

gmenarvino

Reaction score
Not only configuration, but physical button (I have changed the screen, part number is shown in this post). I am out of country for the long vacation, will finalize ACC and self parking when I am back by the end of August. Comma.ai is also considered
Hey thanks man! Yes I saw that too but I already have the 12inch screen. What I have ordered is the speed switch you also posted the part number. (assuming my Hsu and abs is ok it is the only part I have to purchase)
When you have a chance, could you confirm the coding changes just for lane assist feature? I want to double check.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I read all thread and I'm waiting for the results, however I think in my case I have the correct Hsu and abs modules just because it came with parksense with stop, basically it automatically manage the brakes while parking but this is an assumption, is there any way to see what modules I currently have from the ECU?

In the meantime I will work with lane assist that is only reprogramming work, could you reconfirm code lines to be modified for lane assist only?? (I saw something posted but I'm not sure)
Also, I was playing a little bit and I think I can also program mirrors auto folding, I will let you know.
Auto folding mirrors won't work. The setting is there, but it doesn’t work. Even though you have the HCU for the emergency braking, it isn't the right one for ACC with stop and go.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey thanks man! Yes I saw that too but I already have the 12inch screen. What I have ordered is the speed switch you also posted the part number. (assuming my Hsu and abs is ok it is the only part I have to purchase)
When you have a chance, could you confirm the coding changes just for lane assist feature? I want to double check.
Confirming settings for you for lane keep assist:
VehConfig 7: Lane Departure Warning Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Torque CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Warning CSM Present- YES
Does your 12” screen have this button- FB29A15B-660E-4906-8286-35793CD3FF3F.jpeg

gmenarvino

Reaction score
Auto folding mirrors won't work. The setting is there, but it doesn’t work. Even though you have the HCU for the emergency braking, it isn't the right one for ACC with stop and go.
Thanks, how I can look at the HCU unit? only physical view or I can see it over the OBD2?
About auto folding ok I thought it was going to work... in any case if Tazer DT can do auto folding over "live settings" I can probably write a small program to interact with the OB2 interface to execute commands on the fly based on triggers. Anyway this is another story for now I ordered: 68309592AD and looks it is arriving on 24th , if somebody can tell me how to verify the HSU I will also know if I need it and if that the case I will probably not do anything since the truck has only 1k miles but at least enable lane assistance.

gmenarvino

Reaction score
Confirming settings for you for lane keep assist:
VehConfig 7: Lane Departure Warning Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Torque CSM Present- YES
CustSetMenu 1: Lane Departure Warning CSM Present- YES
Does your 12” screen have this button- View attachment 97169
Thank you!!!!!!!
no... cant believe even the full TRX does not come with it! but I would be also very interested in enable this if it is possible by softkey!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!
no... cant believe even the full TRX does not come with it! but I would be also very interested in enable this if it is possible by softkey!
There’s no soft key for it, only the physical button that must be used. About your ABS module and HCU, based on features you have, I can pretty much guarantee you don’t have the correct parts just going by the other 2021 owners in this thread. You can call any dealership parts department and give them your VIN, and have them tell you your abs module part number. From there, we can deduce which HCU you have.

St-na

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!!!
Just change the screen, I sold my old one on ebay for the same price, no costs at the end. No doubt, that Your HCU and ABS module need to be changed. If You want to confirm the same, just check the picture with both ABS, posted by MayhemMOORE on page 14, my old and new delivered ABS are exactly, as shown.

Last edited:

xJudge21x

Reaction score
Just change the screen, I sold my old one on ebay for the same price, no costs at the end. No doubt, that Your HCU and ABS module need to be changed. If You want to confirm the same, just check the picture with both ABS, posted by MayhemMOORE on page 14, my old and new delivered ABS are exactly, as shown.
@Stepanchina ..I must have missed it, did you already replace both HCU and ABS Module and had a successful ACC addition? I've only been waiting on one of us 2021 yahoos to finish up before I order them myself?

gmenarvino

Reaction score
For park assist button I just realized I need to change the screen for just one button.... I will see... I wait for you to have it working :) (I'm still don't understand why FCA didn't include this feature from factory for the TRX)
For ACC I'm very good in the computer space but not sure if I can disarm the ABS which involve drain the fluid and put it back with all what it means!
I'm checking with the dealer what modules I have based on my VIN, this truck is so new that it might come with the correct modules, who knows.

If I need to do that (for me massive work) with the ABS/HSU I think I will only play with Lane Assist and probably park assist changing the screen (once you confirm)

Just to recap, according with you guys if I want ACC i need the green ones below:
Posted by (Stepanchina):
There are only 2 options of ABS modules (both fits 2021): 68436461AI (No ACC), 68436462AJ (with ACC)
There are 2 HCU types: 68415317AA speed control only / 68415320AA ACC w/Stop and Go
In addition to the switch 68309592AD

I will update if I have news!
Thank you all for being so kind with brand new members too!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For park assist button I just realized I need to change the screen for just one button.... I will see... I wait for you to have it working :) (I'm still don't understand why FCA didn't include this feature from factory for the TRX)
For ACC I'm very good in the computer space but not sure if I can disarm the ABS which involve drain the fluid and put it back with all what it means!
I'm checking with the dealer what modules I have based on my VIN, this truck is so new that it might come with the correct modules, who knows.

If I need to do that (for me massive work) with the ABS/HSU I think I will only play with Lane Assist and probably park assist changing the screen (once you confirm)

Just to recap, according with you guys if I want ACC i need the green ones below:
Posted by (Stepanchina):
There are only 2 options of ABS modules (both fits 2021): 68436461AI (No ACC), 68436462AJ (with ACC)
There are 2 HCU types: 68415317AA speed control only / 68415320AA ACC w/Stop and Go
In addition to the switch 68309592AD

I will update if I have news!
Thank you all for being so kind with brand new members too!

Park assist requires additional sensors, a different module, and the button on the center stack (screen). The lane keep assist requires the different center stack and changes in the bcm.

I tried changing just the abs module on my 21 and still wasn’t able to get ACC functioning correctly. I’m waiting on the weather to cool a bit as working in a 100° garage to change out the HCU isn’t high on my priority list at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmenarvino

Reaction score
The number that star parts showed for the HCU doesn’t match the number that’s actually on it. This was all a gamble with the hopes the installed HCU on the 21’s would work. Now we know for sure it does not. There is no regular part number like we see on other Mopar parts on the abs module. The photo below is the original on the left, and one for ACC on the right.

937a820d9de59f1a17aec8656a3522ff.jpg

So I went under my TRX, is it not easy access and I was able to take a pic of the HCU installed from factory:
1624042377575.png

@Stepanchina @MayhemMOORE @tdb0021 how we may know what is the actual part#? I see it is different from both that were published by @MayhemMOORE

St-na

Reaction score
So I went under my TRX, is it not easy access and I was able to take a pic of the HCU installed from factory:
View attachment 97182

@Stepanchina @MayhemMOORE @tdb0021 how we may know what is the actual part#? I see it is different from both that were published by @MayhemMOORE
For TRX with speed control only (presently on Your truck) 68436461AI, in case You want to have ACC You need to have 68436462AJ,
If You have doubts, call (888)255-8311 and based on Your VIN, they will confirm Your present ABS part. I see a big mess with the numbers printed on the casing, have no any idea how to connect them with the real part number from the catalogue.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 97182

That’s the front of the ABS module, no good way that I know of to decipher a part number off of them other than looking it up using the VIN. The HCU is the piece behind that with all the brake lines connected to it. You can probably see the part number on the HCU by looking in the wheel well, but from what I’ve found, every 21 has the same external part number even though they function differently.

St-na

Reaction score
Alright, chalk up another successful install. Everything works perfectly. Well, I haven't been able to test the front collision avoidance yet.
Did You finally change front sensors? You was initially sure it's not necessary in case of 6.

Users who are viewing this thread