5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bonus feature to check out in the meantime: See if you can get the pedestrian emergency braking feature working. It is a sub feature of FCW, but *might* also need the correct abs module.
VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake (PEB) Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present- YES

Any way to know if it would be successfully working without jumping a curb or enticing someone to walk out into my path of travel?

I’ll make the changes here in a few and see if any lights or anything pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any way to know if it would be successfully working without jumping a curb or enticing someone to walk out into my path of travel?

I’ll make the changes here in a few and see if any lights or anything pop up.

The minimum speed for it to activate is 3mph. You could have someone approach from either side without having to get in the truck’s path, and it should react.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The minimum speed for it to activate is 3mph. You could have someone approach from either side without having to get in the truck’s path, and it should react.

Soft key hasn’t shown up yet so I’ll let it sit overnight. The FCW off icon popped up and message said wipe front sensor, then went away with the light remaining. But FCW still shows active in Uconnect. I’ll see if the light stays on in the morning. Guessing the soft key should show up under safety and driving assistance?

nekit

Reaction score
My Bighorn is a week old and came with P
Bonus feature to check out in the meantime: See if you can get the pedestrian emergency braking feature working. It is a sub feature of FCW, but *might* also need the correct abs module.
VehConfig 8: Pedestrian Emergency Brake (PEB) Present- YES
CustSetMenu 3: Pedestrian Emergency Brake CSM Present- YES
My Bighorn was built 2 weeks ago and came with Pedestrian Braking and both of these are turned on"YES"

captainzombie

Reaction score
I am new to the forums, and just traded in a 2018 Silverado towards a '21 Laramie Crew with Night edition package. I have the Laramie Level B equipment group. Would it be very hard to add mirrors with the blind spot alerts? This is the only thing that is missing from this truck that I really wanted.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am new to the forums, and just traded in a 2018 Silverado towards a '21 Laramie Crew with Night edition package. I have the Laramie Level B equipment group. Would it be very hard to add mirrors with the blind spot alerts? This is the only thing that is missing from this truck that I really wanted.
Read the first post. It has the information. There's a pdf file. It is at the end.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

St-na

Reaction score
In your quote, I put the correct settings after each one.
Just wondering, if we can get Lane centering function, if not why do we have this setting in bsm? After several days of using lane keep assist, I believe Lane Centering might be very useful.

Necrosand

Reaction score
@tdb0021 - In your guide you mention at one point you tried to swap only the ABS module but it didn't work because the HCU wasn't matching. I haven't looked at how difficult it is to remove the ABS module yet, but do you recall if it's possible to replace the ABS module without breaking the hydraulic system open? (Have replaced these on other vehicles without having to do so.. hoping we are lucky with the 1500s as well.) Thanks in advance!

St-na

Reaction score
@tdb0021 - In your guide you mention at one point you tried to swap only the ABS module but it didn't work because the HCU wasn't matching. I haven't looked at how difficult it is to remove the ABS module yet, but do you recall if it's possible to replace the ABS module without breaking the hydraulic system open? (Have replaced these on other vehicles without having to do so.. hoping we are lucky with the 1500s as well.) Thanks in advance!
There are replies on most of the questions in this thread, check page 8.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering, if we can get Lane centering function, if not why do we have this setting in bsm? After several days of using lane keep assist, I believe Lane Centering might be very useful.
These BCMs are shared with other FCA vehicles, so there are many settings that pertain to other models future releases features- example would be pedestrian emergency braking is in some 2019 settings lists, but wasn’t introduced until 2021. Lane centering will be offered on 2022 jeep grand Cherokees as part of the Hands-free Driver Assist system

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Setting showed up after a couple more ignition cycles this morning, and was able to select it which turned off the light. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet though. Is its only setting either warning+braking or off? Seems like there would be a warning only option like with the FCW system.

nekit

Reaction score
Setting showed up after a couple more ignition cycles this morning, and was able to select it which turned off the light. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet though. Is its only setting either warning+braking or off? Seems like there would be a warning only option like with the FCW system.
Not in my truck right now, but if I remember correctly those are the only settings.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No go on the pedestrian system reacting. Had someone come in perpendicular to my path of travel several times and got no response even with them coming within less than a foot from my expected path before they stopped.

nekit

Reaction score
Here’s a picture of my screen. I haven’t had the emergency braking go off yet their and mine factory installed. I’m wondering how sensitive it is? Wish I had a way of testing it. EF2FBEDC-594F-44CF-84CB-B6B95A697795.jpeg

nekit

Reaction score
Confirmed on a 21 Laramie with the complete advanced safety group that the HCU on the truck has the same part number as mine. According to Star Parts that truck utilizes 68436462AJ for the ABS module whereas my truck has 68436461AI. I ordered the one that’s on the other truck and I guess we’ll see if it works when it gets here if someone else doesn’t get it accomplished first.

If you get a chance take a picture of your old one and your new one when it comes in. Not sure if the ATE numbers mean anything, but wanted to compare them to mine. Thanks

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of my screen. I haven’t had the emergency braking go off yet their and mine factory installed. I’m wondering how sensitive it is? Wish I had a way of testing it. View attachment 93482

Yours looks a little different than mine. I don’t have a box on the line with the one you have, and have an additional line below. @Jimmy07 any thoughts on the difference?

ae4beb728e1a71dca4f4a4559b480d5f.jpg

nekit

Reaction score
Yours looks a little different than mine. I don’t have a box on the line with the one you have, and have an additional line below. @Jimmy07 any thoughts on the difference?

ae4beb728e1a71dca4f4a4559b480d5f.jpg

Mine is Uconnect 4 -8.4 non Nav. Is yours Nav. I know they are fairly different

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is Uconnect 4 -8.4 non Nav. Is yours Nav. I know they are fairly different

Mine is nav, so you’re probably correct and that’s why they look different.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Sorry guys - been MIA last couple of days... seems like some good progress is being made. Right now we have confirmed Lane Keep on one truck and almost all features on yours @MayhemMOORE, waiting on confirmation the abs module needs to be upgraded? If there is any useful information that needs to be added to the beginning of this thread let me know. Also if you found out something was wrong in the PDF let me know. I'd like to track all the differences if possible. Hopefully that will keep people having to read the whole thread too.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@tdb0021 any advice or things to look out for when bleeding the brakes? I've done it on older vehicles, but not on one this complicated. I have my new windshield in and other parts are coming in.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Users who are viewing this thread