5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the right part number for front camera mount for 2019 1500 Laramie Longhorn? I can’t find a part number for that grille and I’d really like to get started with this project!!
Any help is appreciated!
The part numbers are in the first post you quoted.

I know that- which is why I replied to it. You say in the original post that part number might be different depending on grill… thus my question.
Big Horn and Laramie are the same grill. Rebel and Limited are different grills. That part number is for the Big Horn and Laramie. I have the BH.

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding/following some of the calibration stuff. If I have a 2019 Ram 2500 that already had surround camera, and I just installed the UC5 screen in it and updated to the new CVPM, what thing(s) do I need to buy to calibrate it? I took it to the dealer and they looked dumbfounded.

It sounds like I need this at least?

and then maybe something for the security bypass (which is behind the cluster?).

Big Horn and Laramie are the same grill. Rebel and Limited are different grills. That part number is for the Big Horn and Laramie. I have the BH.
Thanks for the info. I have a Laramie Longhorn, so I'm not sure where that falls. It's different than any of those grills. I called my local dealership and asked them, but they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks for the info. I have a Laramie Longhorn, so I'm not sure where that falls. It's different than any of those grills. I called my local dealership and asked them, but they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.
Easiest thing to do is search Autotrader nationwide for a longhorn like yours that has the surround view cameras, and use that truck’s VIN when you ask the parts department at a dealership what part numbers are used in the grill.

I can turn it on using tazer and
I get a soft key on the screen…..
So i thought i could do it with alfa and wire it direct connect but maybe not…?

Just because you can enable it doesn't mean the inputs are there.

So where would a cargo cam input go?
or does it go through the main plug?

The cargo cam input is on pins 21&22 of the main radio plug. But, when the truck is configured with surround view, the cargo camera doesn’t work anymore. This is because on a Heavy Duty Ram, when it’s equipped with surround view and a cargo cam, the cargo cam input is on the CVPM.
The only way to use extra analog cameras in conjunction with the surround view system on a 1500 is if it’s 2021+, and you enable the aux trailer camera inputs (pins 21&22, and 24&25).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back