5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

will the system work with only three cameras?

I am doing headlights next spring and dont want to tear into the front end twice…

Can i do the rear and sides only for now?

will the system work with only three cameras?

I am doing headlights next spring and dont want to tear into the front end twice…

Can i do the rear and sides only for now?
You can, but the system won't work because you won't be able to calibrate.

What does that mean?
Will the three cameras show on the screen when i am in reverse?
No. The overhead surround view around the truck will just be black until all 4 cameras are successfully calibrated. The normal backup camera image will display in reverse.

No. The overhead surround view around the truck will just be black until all 4 cameras are successfully calibrated. The normal backup camera image will display in reverse.
Thanks, thats what i wanted to know.
I have all the parts i need for the mirrors and backup swap. I will do the front cam in the spring….

I know this thread getting old now but why is the Chrysler camera so much cheaper but claims its the same part number
Specification:
Part Number: 68144068AC, 68144068AD
there must be something off as Chrysler camera is $100 (68144068AC) and the (68144068AD) is nearly 500.
Mopar site says they are the same

I know this thread getting old now but why is the Chrysler camera so much cheaper but claims its the same part number
Specification:
Part Number: 68144068AC, 68144068AD
there must be something off as Chrysler camera is $100 (68144068AC) and the (68144068AD) is nearly 500.
Mopar site says they are the same

68144068AD is the newest/current/upgraded version of the 68144068AC is the old one, which would account for the price difference. Once the 68144068AC is sold out, your only option will be the AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my tow mirror with cameras came in. I didnt know that the base would be a different size from the 2500 to 1500. Is there an adapter that can be purchased? or is there no way to put power tow mirror on 19' 1500?

So my tow mirror with cameras came in. I didnt know that the base would be a different size from the 2500 to 1500. Is there an adapter that can be purchased? or is there no way to put power tow mirror on 19' 1500?
No adapter. I believe they make tow mirrors for the 1500. Any reason you didn't get those?

No adapter. I believe they make tow mirrors for the 1500. Any reason you didn't get those?
I have the tow two mirrors, they just don't have the cameras and aren't power fold. They only tow mirrors with cameras were the HDs that I found. Didn't realize that 1500s had their own specific tow mirrors.

I finally found the part numbers for the 1500 after searching all day.
68446972AA
68446973AA
68446974AA
68446975AA

Last edited:
Alright, I set all the setting as shown and now my cameras have disappeared all together. Prior to configuration change I had atleast the rear camera and the buttons for the rest of cameras. just couldnt select additional cameras.

I reverted and reapplied configurations and rear camera came back on. Just the front and rear camera buttons are shown when I press rear view soft key. There is no front camera soft key. none of the views available are able to be selected. The front camera does come on while in rear view and shift to drive. When I go into cvmp to calibrate the start button is shaded and unable to start calibration.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Any ideas?

Here is a list of complete parts on MY19

MY22 Radio Module P68583503AD
UC5 12" Screen
Surround Camera Processor Module 56029964AF
All 4 Cameras
68144068AD

Last edited:
I had my back camera working after CVPM (CVPM - 68318033AI) installed, but without soft keys, I was going throw my settings several times and now my camera not available anymore. Any suggestions?

Update: several restarts, battery disconnected, now my camera view is back. I have 4 soft keys, I can see rear a and front cameras. Will try to calibrate now. Missed the message about MX+,
I don't have it, tried to connect with LX, and now I have parking sensors fault. Ordered MX+.

Rear View Camera: No

Car configuration change: Full Central Vision Processing Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Car configuration change: Surround View Camera On/Off Softkey Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Car configuration change: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present: ' STATIC + DYNAMIC ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: Rear View Camera Delay CSM Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: CVPM Central vision processing: ' NOT ENABLED ' -> '1 '

Car configuration change: Rear Camera Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '

Car configuration change: Surround View Camera Gridlines CSM Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Car configuration change: Surround View Camera Delay CSM Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Same thing is happening to me, what was you final fix?

Alright, I set all the setting as shown and now my cameras have disappeared all together. Prior to configuration change I had atleast the rear camera and the buttons for the rest of cameras. just couldnt select additional cameras.

I reverted and reapplied configurations and rear camera came back on. Just the front and rear camera buttons are shown when I press rear view soft key. There is no front camera soft key. none of the views available are able to be selected. The front camera does come on while in rear view and shift to drive. When I go into cvmp to calibrate the start button is shaded and unable to start calibration.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Any ideas?

Here is a list of complete parts on MY19

MY22 Radio Module P68583503AD
UC5 12" Screen
Surround Camera Processor Module 56029964AF
All 4 Cameras
68144068AD
Your truck is 2019?

Hey guys.
So I have little problem with calibration.
My original CVPM went bad so I got replacement.
Its same part number 68451000AE except it different date: original was 08/24/21 new is 01/25/24.
I can calibrate front and rear cameras but no side mirrors.
and I have black/white lines around truck lookin at top view(top view is black).
When i do clear fault codes in AlfaOBD side cameras turn on for like 2 sec and shuts off.
Soft buttons work.
I've tried using Alfaobd on android and windows version, didn't work.
Do you guys think this could be issue?

Also I have CVPM for '19-'20 for sale.(bought by mistake 68318033AI)

Last edited:
Hey guys.
So I have little problem with calibration.
My original CVPM went bad so I got replacement.
Its same part number 68451000AE except it different date: original was 08/24/21 new is 01/25/24.
I can calibrate front and rear cameras but no side mirrors.
and I have black/white lines around truck lookin at top view(top view is black).
When i do clear fault codes in AlfaOBD side cameras turn on for like 2 sec and shuts off.
Soft buttons work.
I've tried using Alfaobd on android and windows version, didn't work.
Do you guys think this could be issue?

Also I have CVPM for '19-'20 for sale.(bought by mistake 68318033AI)
Calibration is a bit tricky, I did it 3 times at least. I finally succeeded after clearing all faults and did calibration for all cameras. What is a problem to use 68318033AI on 21". I am perfectly fine with this CVPM, or You have tow mirrors? What happened with original CVPM, may be was a problem with smth else?

Calibration is a bit tricky, I did it 3 times at least. I finally succeeded after clearing all faults and did calibration for all cameras. What is a problem to use 68318033AI on 21". I am perfectly fine with this CVPM, or You have tow mirrors? What happened with original CVPM, may be was a problem with smth else?
My original CVPM kept flickering, shutting off, giving me blue screen on reverse gear.
I don't' have tow mirrors.
How did you clear codes?
Every time I clear in Alfaobd its coming back. Same error. I've tried single camera, force every camera. I've read that you changed year of your truck to '20. did you revert back to original after?

My original CVPM kept flickering, shutting off, giving me blue screen on reverse gear.
I don't' have tow mirrors.
How did you clear codes?
Every time I clear in Alfaobd its coming back. Same error. I've tried single camera, force every camera. I've read that you changed year of your truck to '20. did you revert back to original after?
No I did not, why? There are no drawbacks of this change. I changed to 20' , because I am using 68318033AI. Which codes do You have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back