5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
The worst thing I've found was the leather drivers seat cover came loose in the front. Just snapped it back on the frame. Hopefully it'll stay attached. I had the same problem with one of my F150's. That one came loose all the time.
I also need to reset the driver wiper arm. Tried yesterday to pull it off. No luck. I think it needs a puller. I don't have a full compliment of tools up north. I'll be due for my first oil change as soon as I get home and I'll have the dealer reclock it.

Mine has done the same few times. I have a friend with the Laramie and his has done it too. Luckily, it was the 1st few weeks and it has been fine since.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have water leaking in soaking my back carpet everytime it rains on my 2019 RAM Limited. I have had my truck to the dealer 2 times so far and they don't seem to even try to figure out the issue of where the water is coming from. The first time they said it was a clogged sunroof drain tube and they water tested after repairing. First rain after I got it back and same problem. Second time I took it in they said it was likely the brake light above the rear window and they said they inspected the seal, not sure what good that's going to do and then they said the tested under water for 2 hours. Well that can't be true because when I went back to pick it up it had just rained so decided to check the back carpet before leaving the dealer and guess what, it was wet! So I went right back into the service department and asked if they did anything at all! I would have left if with them but it was last Friday and I needed my truck over the weekend. They told me it tested fine when they did the water test and acted surprised that it was wet after it rained.:rolleyes: So I decided I would try and trouble shoot the issue myself with a hose to at least find where the water seems to be coming in at since the dealer can't even figure that out. Keep in mind this is supposed to be the best Ram dealer in KC....not! Well anyway my water testing today showed that the water was leaking in the cab when I sprayed water on the back window, lower right corner, the water would then leak down the back right corner inside the cab and run along the back of the cab to the drivers side and down into the storage area under the seat soaking the carpet on the drivers side. So I am heading back to the dealer tomorrow to show them them what I have found hoping this is enough info for them to figure it out. It appears to be an issue with the back window seal, there is also sunroof drain tubes that come out about half way down the back of the cab between the cab on the bed on both sides. These drain tubes have a rubber grommet that fits in a hole in the back of the cab. The rubber grommet on the right side appeared to be pushed back in the hole where it could allow water into the cab. I got under the truck so I could reach up and pull it back out so it would fit in the drain tube hole in the back of the cab properly. I was hoping this would resolve the issue since water that was sprayed on the back window would run down the back of the cab around this grommet but it did not. So back to the dealer tomorrow with this new info to see if they can figure it out this time. If not I will be getting a lawyer involved to look into my lemon law options. I really love everything about this truck and hate that I have to deal with an issue of water leaking in the cab after paying $65k for a truck! This is my 6th RAM in a row and this is the worst issue I have ever had.
Bad on that service department, but good on you for taking the troubleshooting into your own hands, and applying a thoughtful patient approach. Now they can be pointed directly at the correct fix hopefully, and give you a sound vehicle back that you can start enjoying. Do you have any other dealer/service department options? They don’t sound like they deserve your business...

Make sure you dry the inside of your truck thoroughly... think fans, warm air if able, long duration... like if you had water in your house. Don’t want moisture in there for a long time.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have water leaking in soaking my back carpet everytime it rains on my 2019 RAM Limited. I have had my truck to the dealer 2 times so far and they don't seem to even try to figure out the issue of where the water is coming from. The first time they said it was a clogged sunroof drain tube and they water tested after repairing. First rain after I got it back and same problem. Second time I took it in they said it was likely the brake light above the rear window and they said they inspected the seal, not sure what good that's going to do and then they said the tested under water for 2 hours. Well that can't be true because when I went back to pick it up it had just rained so decided to check the back carpet before leaving the dealer and guess what, it was wet! So I went right back into the service department and asked if they did anything at all! I would have left if with them but it was last Friday and I needed my truck over the weekend. They told me it tested fine when they did the water test and acted surprised that it was wet after it rained.:rolleyes: So I decided I would try and trouble shoot the issue myself with a hose to at least find where the water seems to be coming in at since the dealer can't even figure that out. Keep in mind this is supposed to be the best Ram dealer in KC....not! Well anyway my water testing today showed that the water was leaking in the cab when I sprayed water on the back window, lower right corner, the water would then leak down the back right corner inside the cab and run along the back of the cab to the drivers side and down into the storage area under the seat soaking the carpet on the drivers side. So I am heading back to the dealer tomorrow to show them them what I have found hoping this is enough info for them to figure it out. It appears to be an issue with the back window seal, there is also sunroof drain tubes that come out about half way down the back of the cab between the cab on the bed on both sides. These drain tubes have a rubber grommet that fits in a hole in the back of the cab. The rubber grommet on the right side appeared to be pushed back in the hole where it could allow water into the cab. I got under the truck so I could reach up and pull it back out so it would fit in the drain tube hole in the back of the cab properly. I was hoping this would resolve the issue since water that was sprayed on the back window would run down the back of the cab around this grommet but it did not. So back to the dealer tomorrow with this new info to see if they can figure it out this time. If not I will be getting a lawyer involved to look into my lemon law options. I really love everything about this truck and hate that I have to deal with an issue of water leaking in the cab after paying $65k for a truck! This is my 6th RAM in a row and this is the worst issue I have ever had.
After reading about your sunroof drain tube, I happen to peek between the cab and bed of the first 2019 I looked at while at my dealer today and what do you know? It was popped out exactly as you described. I didn't find any others but definitely something owners should look out for. Here's a shot from the passenger side:
20180815_112500b.jpg

When properly inserted you should not see any of the white drain hose on the cab side. The grommet should just look like a nipple with some of the drain hose protruding from it toward the bed.

Dan1989

Reaction score
After reading about your sunroof drain tube, I happen to peek between the cab and bed of the first 2019 I looked at while at my dealer today and what do you know? It was popped out exactly as you described. I didn't find any others but definitely something owners should look out for. Here's a shot from the passenger side:
View attachment 2661

When properly inserted you should not see any of the white drain hose on the cab side. The grommet should just look like a nipple with some of the drain hose protruding from it toward the bed.

Dan1989

Reaction score
View attachment 2661

Wow, there you have it. That one is all the way out which is worse than mine was! Guys if you have a 2019 with the sunroof check these grommets out. This will allow water to get into the cab.

Dan1989

Reaction score
Guys, wanted to give you an update. Took my truck back to dealer yesterday with the info I describe above. I talk to the service manager this time and explained my frustration as you can imagine. Anyway I got a call from them today and they said they have found another leak on top of the one I found around the back window. They said the were in the process of taking the headliner down in the back of the cab to found where the other water leak was coming from. They are going to give me another update tomorrow on what the find. I can tell you if this ends up as bad as I am thinking with multiple water leaks then our next conversation is going to be how do I get a new truck! My truck is an early production truck with build date 3/2018. I am not sure how soon Ram finds out about major issues like this but I hope this was corrected quickly. I will post another update when I get more information. Since taking this to the top manager over the service department it seems to be getting the attention it deserves. Stay tuned!

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 2661

Hey @Edwards help me orient myself on that very useful photo for our inspections. Are you looking up from the ground, down from above the bed, or looking to the left from the passenger side? Is the cab to the left or right, and should the grommet be shoved left or right?o_O

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey @Edwards help me orient myself on that very useful photo for our inspections. Are you looking up from the ground, down from above the bed, or looking to the left from the passenger side? Is the cab to the left or right, and should the grommet be shoved left or right?o_O
Looking down, on the passenger side, between the cab and bed, just inside the outer side gasket between the two. In the pic the cab is to the right and the grommet should be pushed to the right back into the cab. The blurry part of the pic to the left is the top of the bed.
In the pic, the grommet looks like a triangle with the widest part to the right. It should be pushed back into the cab and once that flange is inside the cab the rest of it will protrude from the back of the cab with the white drain tube going all the way through to the outside.
Just spit-balling, but the tube/grommet should extend ~3/4" from the cab wall.

I wondered if some aggressive carpet or seat installation is pushing these out?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a look, mine is seated properly, tight against the cab. Looks to have an inspection mark as well. Maybe in early May they started closer scrutiny? 20180815_204232.jpg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is everyone's drain tubes white on the passenger and black on the driver? Not important, just a detail that may shed light on different materials used at different times.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Is everyone's drain tubes white on the passenger and black on the driver? Not important, just a detail that may shed light on different materials used at different times.

Possibly different colors to identify the different sides easily during production, of course I could be wrong. The fact that yours has inspection marks tells me that they caught the problem it not being seated properly on early builds and fixed it on the line.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yes mine are different colors also. I'm a March build and they seem installed correctly but no inspection marks

Jimmyk

Reaction score
Just checked mine and they are different colors. Truck was built in June. I went through this nightmare with my 2014 Longhorn. Mine had one tube clogged with debris from when it was built. Took 6 trips and countless weeks at the dealer before they discovered it. They replaced the headliner, all the leather in the back seat and all the carpet. I was so upset and called FCA and they gave me a maxcare warranty for 6yrs. So when I traded for the 2019 I made sure they gave me that warranty on this vehicle for no charge. They actually did it.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Drivers side camera for surround view is flickering.

Jgoodyr

Reaction score
View attachment 2530

Hey @borant @sticker500 @Maverick @Dkwatts1522 @lilkarl71 @jkratze1 @Jgoodyr from our poll those “Interior Fit and Finish” reports have been growing but from reading posts I don’t recall any single trend...

Can you all briefly describe what is going on with fit and finish please? Are you all having different problems or might there be another trend building up? Thanks if you have the time to respond!

EDIT: @Jgoodyr had a really bad water leak, @lilkarl71 has several issues including window regulator problems, others have rattles from back window and doors. The annoying rattles are the main trend here though not the only problem... but we haven’t heard from everyone.

After leaving it for a couple days it seems they found the issue! From what I understood from service advisor, the drain tubes in the rear of the truck were not installed properly from the factory. That caused water to run down the back of the truck and along the door threshold which pooled up at the front because of the forward rake the truck has. It’s raining good where I am so I’ll see in the morning. It rained this afternoon and I didn’t feel any moisture so fingers crossed.

Maverick

Reaction score
View attachment 2530

Hey @borant @sticker500 @Maverick @Dkwatts1522 @lilkarl71 @jkratze1 @Jgoodyr from our poll those “Interior Fit and Finish” reports have been growing but from reading posts I don’t recall any single trend...

Can you all briefly describe what is going on with fit and finish please? Are you all having different problems or might there be another trend building up? Thanks if you have the time to respond!

EDIT: @Jgoodyr had a really bad water leak, @lilkarl71 has several issues including window regulator problems, others have rattles from back window and doors. The annoying rattles are the main trend here though not the only problem... but we haven’t heard from everyone.

I had a damaged dash part at delivery. Still waiting for part over a month and counting.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a damaged dash part at delivery. Still waiting for part over a month and counting.

We had another member (@bmoney5813 ) in a similar situation waiting on a fuel pump. I would cultivate a good relationship with the service manager and ask him to elevate best he can, and perhaps @RamCares can give you advice on how to request the part be “liberated” from the production line for you, as an existing owner who received a faulty truck. Here’s the post from bmoney talking about his approach. Good luck, once the part shows up you will be good to go hopefully.

Final Update:
Well I “escalated” the case and got a call from the corporate office saying that they found me a fuel pump and are overnighting it to the dealer. I’m pleasantly surprised with Ram as well as the dealer on this issue. The dealer installed the fuel pump and it’s running like it should. I guess one word of advice I would give anyone with issues is to be patient. I know not all situations are as easily solved as mine but these trucks are new and there are going to be bugs. They made it right in the end. I still have Bluetooth/Infotainment issues but I’ll wait for the updates as it seems those are rolling out as well.
SB

Users who are viewing this thread