5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents again. Have 1,100 miles on it and so far so good. This thing is absolutely great and fun to drive. My wife has been driving it as well for our usual evening activities. Our suv just sits in the garage now!;)

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
2800 miles on mine. One trip 1100 trip from WV to SC. Only issue was the roll in fender sheet metal and was fixed by the dealer ( paintless dent repair). Also, my driver seat cover lower clip was loose and dealer fixed that also. Talked with a friend at my gym and he just bought one and said his clip was loose also.

Mjben1977

Reaction score
10k Miles in 3 months and besides brake squeak performance is flawless. Suggest the extended warranty if you are a high mileage
driver like myself. Between 2009-2015 RAM 1500 had 177k miles when traded for Ford (mistake), near perfect condition. Never had an
issue with it. Warranty provided peace of mind. Bought Bumper to bumper unlimited mileage extended warranty.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at first a little concerned about the HVAC performance. It seems to be that either Im getting used to it or it is performing better. Over all its a Beautiful Truck . I agree with JusCruisin the lane keeper on this truck is a bit more sensitive than in my Escalade. If you aren't perfectly centered it starts to really push. Also If I "Forget" to turn On my signal I cant change lanes without feeling like I'm in an action movie struggling for control of the wheel. I like having it on, Just in case. Driving with 3 kids sometimes is an adventure.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This balanced write up pertains to the thread here so thought I would include it, thanks for the data @lilkarl71 ! Great sounding truck but gremlins remain. Power mirror, climate control, 12” infotainment, and sqealing brake problems all have been seen by other members here and three of these are trend items with higher report rates than other problems. Parts availability seems to be an issue even for what should be easy to fix problems. With awareness hopefully FCA will tackle these promptly, so keep highlighting these problems to the service departments.

Vehicle: 2019 Ram Limited 4X4
Color: Billet Silver
MSRP: $63,525

1st let me state, I am well aware I’m an early adopter here. Recently got out of an Escalade ESV lease and was looking for something brand new, as in fresh redesign. My 2 choices were the Ram or the Navigator. I chose the Ram for 3 reasons:

1. Value. While both are expensive/ overpriced I felt the Ram was a better value. Seats 5 comfortably and you have hauling/ bed capability. For a price point reference, my terms were a 24-27 month lease, 12K miles. Residual for these terms was way better on an Ram Ally lease than anything Cadillac or Lincoln could produce. I mean half the monthly payment on a $20K difference in vehicle.
2. Ability to negotiate price. Chrysler accepted the Affiliate pricing for 2019’s on the lot. Lincoln would only accept the X-Plan pricing for custom ordered Navigators. Got roughly $7000 off the Ram (Affiliate + Dealer discount) vs $3K off the Navigator.
3. Rear seat entertainment. With 3 kids TV’s are a must. While RAM doesn’t have a factory option, Audiovoxx/Advent makes custom headrests specifically for any model/ color matched. (Side note: If anyone wants to buy these let me know. Kids rather watch iPads. Costly decision on my part. I will take a loss on these.) Due to the Navigator’s awkward middle row seating (headrest must fold down for seat to auto collapse) there are no factory/ aftermarket options available. Any Navigator higher than the base model will have the panoramic roof therefore the ceiling mounts were out of the question there.

Pros:

It’s a looker. I’ve gotten more compliments in this truck than any other vehicle I’ve owned. Escalades, Denali’s, 550, etc. Make no mistake about it, for those who know trucks this is the king (for now).

Cab size. Its big very big. Plenty of room for everything. The bench seat also reclines for additional comfort on longer trips.

Pervious Gen Accessories: For what’s it worth both the bed extender and the tonneau cover (BaKflip VP) from my previous Ram Limited fit flawlessly. RAM and 3rd party vendors decided to change part numbers but you might be able to save some money getting the previous gen part. They are the same as far as I can tell.

12in Screen. Its big and beautiful + conversation starter. Functional? We’ll talk about that later.

Cons:

It’s been to the dealer 5 times now with the most recent stint being almost 2 weeks; no issues resolved, some parts ordered. Quality control seriously lacking. I expect issues on new models but this is insane. Roughly 60 days of ownership over 20 days at the dealer. Now for the list of issues.

1. Brakes: They squeak loud and a lot and I mean throughout the entire range of braking. I’m already on my second pair of pads and rotors and they have started squeaking too. Multiple dealers have no idea what to do other than swap the pads/ rotors and add more of the anti-squeal adhesive. It sounds like a city bus or dump truck at times. They squeak about 60% of the time I touch the brake petal. Embarrassing to say the least. Issue unresolved. As “alacombe” mentioned they might need to be bedded (because of glazing) which I will try in the next couple of days.

2. 12in screen. As others have noted the 4 usb (2usb c and 2 usb) ports simply don’t work. Mine has a 100% fail rate. It detects devices then after several minutes they disconnect and won’t reconnect until a restart. This makes CarPlay and Android Auto completely useless. Audio sounds a lot better directly plugged and the unit will show album artwork. You lose sound quality and artwork over Bluetooth. My unit also resets my radio presets on a weekly basis, I just stopped programming them at this point. I’ve reported these issues to the dealer and they directed me to Uconnect support for an OTA (over the air) update. Received my 1st update this week and it addressed none of my main issues. I called Uconnect back and they told me to go back to the dealer for hardware replacement. Dealer declined, suggesting I should wait for the OTA update in October to fix these issues in particular. Issue unresolved.

3. Window defogger. For some reason the system elects to defog the passenger side 1st. Dealer said the system has sensors to detect where the air is needed and directs the air in that direction. Had tech inspect and found no issue. I decided to check myself and my first test was air flow. And guess what I found after 10 secs, air only blows from passenger side vents, I’m convinced the tech didn’t even check. Issue unresolved.

4. Rear passenger window. Regulator failed during the 1st week of ownership. Had to take it to the dealer for them to pull the window up and lock it in place until a replacement was available. A couple weeks later the part came in and was installed. Issue resolved.

5. Driver Power Folding Mirror. The latest issue is the driver pfm. It makes a serious grinding noise when electing to open or close the mirror. Passenger side seems fine. The driver mirror will set itself correctly then keep trying to open/ close the mirror when its already in place. Parts ordered. Issue unresolved.

6. Ram/ Chrysler/ FCA. ZERO communication on know issues.

Wish List:

Working CarPlay OR Android Auto with full screen 3rd party maps support (Google, Apple, Waze, etc).
Ability to lock/unlock truck from rear doors.
All 4 windows fully automatic.

Pet Peeves:
Ram Charger: Ram’s implementation of this I’ve found to be useless. Somewhat hides the phone deep into center console, randomly charges, no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto support. Whats the point of having wireless charging with CarPlay or Android Auto but not make it wireless?

Persistent Search box on factory maps. This is just poor graphical design.

Jgoodyr

Reaction score
I have water leaking into all 4 corners of my cabin. When it rains, my floor liners get soaked.... my truck sleeps outside so this is a major problem. Really not enjoying my $64,000 truck right now. Starting to look like a mistake on my part for getting rid of my hellcat...

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have water leaking into all 4 corners of my cabin. When it rains, my floor liners get soaked.... my truck sleeps outside so this is a major problem. Really not enjoying my $64,000 truck right now. Starting to look like a mistake on my part for getting rid of my hellcat...
Whoa, that ain’t normal! (n) Can you follow the water from the concentrated spots (corners?) uphill to a possible entry point? I can’t see your truck profile... :unsure: Pano roof? Satellite antenna or something else on top loose? Window/doors/seals? Back window cracked open? Get her into the service department stat and keep us updated if you can. I might put a hose on it to see where water travels in from if it’s already wet anyways... but don’t do it too long.

Jgoodyr

Reaction score
Whoa, that ain’t normal! (n) Can you follow the water from the concentrated spots (corners?) uphill to a possible entry point? I can’t see your truck profile... :unsure: Pano roof? Satellite antenna or something else on top loose? Window/doors/seals? Back window cracked open? Get her into the service department stat and keep us updated if you can. I might put a hose on it to see where water travels in from if it’s already wet anyways... but don’t do it too long.
I hit it with a hose today with the passenger side floor liner pulled up because that corner of the truck is the worst, it seems to be that side of the windshield or corner of the pano roof. Have to wait until Tuesday for the “leak technician” but I have a trip this weekend and guarantee it’s going to storm all weekend. Honestly so upset right now. The floor liners are already starting to smell.

Jgoodyr

Reaction score

By the way it’s a 2019 limited, every option other than the upgraded wheels.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh, yep that is a spendy truck to have any problems with, let alone one like that. I would give it to service, and ask for a loaner Grand Cherokee if it’s big enough for the rainy trip.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had told myself never again buy a first year remodel, because I had been through the first year gremlins. I have not had anything too major besides the AC. The temp went back up here and today it was basically useless. My drivers side power step is making noise. Also now starting to hear a clunk in the front end. 1065 miles. I really have been trying to maintain a positive view and will continue because I did this to myself. I guess just to remember the pain.

The Uconnect 4c 12 is still flakey. I know fixes are already coming. I was hoping the guardian would be faster my wife’s focus is as fast as the actual key fob.

At the end of the day I’m going to remain positive as I can. I just hate dealing with car dealers. That’s really what it boils down to. My hatred of dealers is what fuels my hopes of few issues.

I love the truck. I feel great driving it as the ride quality is second to none. The interior quietness is incredible. The quality of the materials is incredible. The look of the truck is great. So I’ll stay positive. I’ll stay on the forums looking for resolutions and information. I’ll be patient and wait it out.

Bwarren2

Reaction score

If they can't locate the issue, get a lawyer involved and get a replacement under lemon law. They will fight tooth and nail but a lawyer solves that issue

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How about allowing owners to enter their build date? I'm thinking that could be valuable info to spot trends, or see if an early production issue has been fixed in later builds. Just a suggestion, if it is even possible. Thanks.
I like the idea but these polls don’t allow custom responses... this one captures a broad indication of initial major system problems, and allows you to inspect the votes and see what members are posting about them... over time if early build problems are fixed they will decrease as a percentage so that will self correct to some extent.

What I want to do after these initial bugs are identified (and reported) is differentiate between the easy fix list (such as new non-squealing brake pads covered under warranty) vs ones that FCA either refuses to acknowledge or just addresses insufficiently. The latter are the ones where many voices are helpful... Something like: Which problems have you had looked at by the service department, but been unsatisfied with the response?

Shabak

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are lovin it, and sounds like the fix sorted the problem then. What were your indications that the transfer case needed replacing?
Just over 1k miles no major issues. I just don’t like how my Android phone keeps having to be connected on restarting my truck

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the idea but these polls don’t allow custom responses... this one captures a broad indication of initial major system problems, and allows you to inspect the votes and see what members are posting about them... over time if early build problems are fixed they will decrease as a percentage so that will self correct to some extent.

What I want to do after these initial bugs are identified (and reported) is differentiate between the easy fix list (such as new non-squealing brake pads covered under warranty) vs ones that FCA either refuses to acknowledge or just addresses insufficiently. The latter are the ones where many voices are helpful... Something like: Which problems have you had looked at by the service department, but been unsatisfied with the response?
You could create a poll that breaks up the months in half, starting in march or april when orders started.... 1st half march, 2nd half of march and so on. Then cross reference what specific problems by member to build date... should be very interesting.

Spirito2

Reaction score
Just picked up my black edition Laramie and the drivers side passive entry doesn't work

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
70858A99-8037-42AD-B1D3-DAE4C9670181.jpeg

Hey @borant @sticker500 @Maverick @Dkwatts1522 @lilkarl71 @jkratze1 @Jgoodyr from our poll those “Interior Fit and Finish” reports have been growing but from reading posts I don’t recall any single trend...

Can you all briefly describe what is going on with fit and finish please? Are you all having different problems or might there be another trend building up? Thanks if you have the time to respond!

EDIT: @Jgoodyr had a really bad water leak, @lilkarl71 has several issues including window regulator problems, others have rattles from back window and doors. The annoying rattles are the main trend here though not the only problem... but we haven’t heard from everyone.

Last edited:

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
View attachment 2530

Hey @borant @sticker500 @Maverick @Dkwatts1522 @lilkarl71 @jkratze1 @Jgoodyr from our poll those “Interior Fit and Finish” reports have been growing but from reading posts I don’t recall any single trend...

Can you all briefly describe what is going on with fit and finish please? Are you all having different problems or might there be another trend building up? Thanks if you have the time to respond!

EDIT: @Jgoodyr had a really bad water leak, @lilkarl71 has several issues including window regulator problems, others have rattles from back window and doors. The annoying rattles are the main trend here though not the only problem... but we haven’t heard from everyone.

Mine was just the driver seat cover clip. It was an easy 5 minute fix to have the dealer clip it back.

Users who are viewing this thread