5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!

pensfan

Reaction score
Minor changes to keep people interested until the 2024 mid-cycle refresh. Really interested in how the front and rear will look, along with any interior changes they may add along with the of course addition of the Hurricane 3.0L TT Inline.

If you are going to get a new RAM, wait until the 2024 model year is introduced. Even if you don't like the re-fresh, there will likely be plenty of 2023 for sale at discounts by the time the pictures of the 2024 is released for you to make that choice
I sure hope the front gets a major redo. Get rid of the brow and kill the hood badges. With the Classic almost done, they need to give the front a meaner look than the current generic front.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I sure hope the front gets a major redo. Get rid of the brow and kill the hood badges. With the Classic almost done, they need to give the front a meaner look than the current generic front.

I'll be honest, I always thought the 5th gen RAM looked like an GTA 5 interpretation of a RAM truck. A little generic overall, though the Rebel changed my perception a bit.

I don't expect to big a change for 2024 however, since it's only a mid-cycle facelift.

pensfan

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I always thought the 5th gen RAM looked like an GTA 5 interpretation of a RAM truck. A little generic overall, though the Rebel changed my perception a bit.

I don't expect to big a change for 2024 however, since it's only a mid-cycle facelift.
The Rebel is really the only front end look I like.
The Sport or Blackout packages mute all that is wrong with the front.
They could fix the front without changing any sheet metal other than the hood and grill.
For what they charge for these trucks and the profits they make, fixing the front should be a non issue. They could even offer a Classic Package, that brings the Crosshair grill to the DT. It would make a nice addition to the Sport or Blackout versions.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Rebel is really the only front end look I like.
The Sport or Blackout packages mute all that is wrong with the front.
They could fix the front without changing any sheet metal other than the hood and grill.
For what they charge for these trucks and the profits they make, fixing the front should be a non issue. They could even offer a Classic Package, that brings the Crosshair grill to the DT. It would make a nice addition to the Sport or Blackout versions.
Personally don't like the Rebel grill

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was disappointed to find that my hood vents were just plastic add-ons.

I'd like functional vents, tied to the cooling system and engine temps. Ones that stay closed until the engine is up to temp and then only open if needed.

A man can dream...

Txrebel22

Reaction score
It already is! I also wanted to order a 23 rebel diesel and now am going to look for a 22 rebel diesel and its already getting difficult with dealers asking stupid prices for them
Yeah my 2 dealers here both told me I can’t order a 22 Ram Rebel with the Eco Diesel engine. That ship has sailed I’m pretty pissed off sent Ram a email about it as the 2023 showed the Eco Diesel engine as a option. They gave owners zero notice to place orders unlike what Ford did a few years ago with their 3.0L Diesel. They lost my business on this woke push to back their EV truck No thank you. I’m going to GM

Bullitt2735

Reaction score
Yeah my 2 dealers here both told me I can’t order a 22 Ram Rebel with the Eco Diesel engine. That ship has sailed I’m pretty pissed off sent Ram a email about it as the 2023 showed the Eco Diesel engine as a option. They gave owners zero notice to place orders unlike what Ford did a few years ago with their 3.0L Diesel. They lost my business on this woke push to back their EV truck No thank you. I’m going to GM
Same, just put a deposit on a 22 trailboss diesel, should be here in a few days... RAM lost an easy sale not offering it on a 23 rebel

HemiDude

Reaction score
I was disappointed to find that my hood vents were just plastic add-ons.

I'd like functional vents, tied to the cooling system and engine temps. Ones that stay closed until the engine is up to temp and then only open if needed.

A man can dream...
...Or fabricate some 😉

Reactions: c3k

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally don't like the Rebel grill

Me either it looks like a bad mustache.

By the time Ram gives the HD trucks the 5th Gen cab, the half-ton will be on to the 6th Gen and Ford and GM will also have moved on to new platforms. It's ridiculous.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
"Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)! "
Not everything.
Intrigued with the Limited Elite edition, but I haven't seen available bed lengths listed at any resource I've visited, or whether these can be had without the Rambox.
Does anyone know yet, or do I have to run the gauntlet at my local Ram dealer?

Steve

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
"Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)! "
Not everything.
Intrigued with the Limited Elite edition, but I haven't seen available bed lengths listed at any resource I've visited, or whether these can be had without the Rambox.
Does anyone know yet, or do I have to run the gauntlet at my local Ram dealer?

Steve
try this

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Will the new tow mirrors shown on the 2500 Rebel be available on the 1500s?

Bobbiegunn

Reaction score
Was the Hemi standard on the Laramie in prior years? Seems like it was only standard on the Limited when I ordered in 2021.
Hemi and Hemi etorque was an option on my 2022 Laramie ,3.6L was standard I think I paid $2200 for my non etorque Hemi.

Switch22

Reaction score
Hemi and Hemi etorque was an option on my 2022 Laramie ,3.6L was standard I think I paid $2200 for my non etorque Hemi.
The standard Hemi was a 2795 option on my 22 Laramie when I ordered it in May.

Dewey

Reaction score
The standard Hemi was a 2795 option on my 22 Laramie when I ordered it in May.
It was the same price for either the standard Hemi or eTorque Hemi when I orderded in March. Don’t think that changed.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Something new popped up recently on the JD Power configuring page. Building a Rebel FWIW. Towards the bottom, two different cluster themes are listed. I’ve played around with checking and unchecking it and I can’t quite figure out which way defaults you to the Theme 2 vs. the Theme 5. When I built the truck the way I ordered mine, it came up as Theme 5. If I force it to the Theme 2, it changes the interior color to the red/black but I don’t see anything else change. I’m assuming 12” digital cluster vs the old style but that’s strictly a guess. Hoping my truck comes with the new digital cluster but it won’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t. Anybody with insight have any idea what this is about?

96031F8B-845E-45C4-8BB2-F4098231FE9E.png

Jray22

Reaction score
All I know is a 23’ wasn’t worth the additional 3-7K over the 22’. Hints why I purchased a 22’. As far the 12” display being hard to come by in a Big Horn, I’d say it was one of the things they cut back on due to Supplier issues.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No more non-hybrid Hemi. No more fender flares on Laramie. No more inverter/115v outlets except on premium trim levels. Totally revamping content on the best selling trims. And yet, the prices are still going up like a rocket.

I felt like I overpaid for my '22, but now that I see the '23 order guides I'm happy as hell that I bought when I did!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/