5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!

cliffsta

Reaction score
FWIW, I ordered mr 2023 Rebel a couple weeks ago, and I was told there’s no more traditional HEMI. It’s only etorque. Also the 12” radio is now under the Rebel Level 2 group. Dealer also told me they could only order the Rebel with the Night Edition… I would’ve preferred to save that money but it is what it is. Also the Class IV receiver hitch had to he ordered. Don’t remember ever seeing that on the build and price website before. At the time I ordered, the pricing for the packages such as Advanced Safety and Comfort and Convenience were the same as on 22s. I hope that remains the case once the truck is built. Status has been holding steady on “confirmed” since August 25.

Hi, I’m Cliff by the way LOL. First post!

Kumba1010

Reaction score
FWIW, I ordered mr 2023 Rebel a couple weeks ago, and I was told there’s no more traditional HEMI. It’s only etorque. Also the 12” radio is now under the Rebel Level 2 group. Dealer also told me they could only order the Rebel with the Night Edition… I would’ve preferred to save that money but it is what it is. Also the Class IV receiver hitch had to he ordered. Don’t remember ever seeing that on the build and price website before. At the time I ordered, the pricing for the packages such as Advanced Safety and Comfort and Convenience were the same as on 22s. I hope that remains the case once the truck is built. Status has been holding steady on “confirmed” since August 25.

Hi, I’m Cliff by the way LOL. First post!
Welcome

rossagge

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a thread or does anyone have the 2023 1500 Order Guide? Thx.

rossagge

Reaction score
Seems like things are changing daily as far as ordering. Just spoke with Heather at MD, and she is trying to verify if the 12" digital gauge cluster is standard on the BH and up. She only sees 3" on BH w/option for 7" and 7" standard on Laramie w/no option for 12". She did say the system has been glitchy and is gonna find out on this. Has anyone ordered and confirmed the 12' gauge is standard? She also mentioned the ecodiesel is only available on LH and Limited trims. I think that was mentioned before.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this somewhere else, but don't remember where. Here's a snapshot of the 119 build sheet's I've found so far (2023 pilot models - doesn't necessarily translate to production). As you can see, no Bighorns or Tradesmen have been built with the 12" digital cluster. Conversely, ALL of the other trims are built with the 12" cluster.

1663270488095.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, just for everyones' knowledge, here are the engine configurations for the 119 pilot trucks.

1663270581344.png

rossagge

Reaction score
Thanks. Will be interesting to see what is actually available and what will be built.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Curious if there are Classics /DS for 2023 and if so are they available with the regular Hemi?
Also I ordered a Wagoneer for my wife so I've been doing a bunch of research on those. No Hemi's at all in the Wagoneers for 2023 they moved to the Hurricane (2023 build website is up for Wagoneer). Wouldn't be surprised if 2023 is the last year you can get a hemi at all in lower/ middle trim DT

rossagge

Reaction score
Curious if there are Classics /DS for 2023 and if so are they available with the regular Hemi?
Also I ordered a Wagoneer for my wife so I've been doing a bunch of research on those. No Hemi's at all in the Wagoneers for 2023 they moved to the Hurricane (2023 build website is up for Wagoneer). Wouldn't be surprised if 2023 is the last year you can get a hemi at all in lower/ middle trim DT
Wow! Things change fast. So, now all Wagoneer's, all but the base Wagoneer, which gets the 5.7 eTorque Hemi, get the Hurricane as standard. All the L's get the Hurricane standard.

Ruger

Reaction score
Seems like things are changing daily as far as ordering. Just spoke with Heather at MD, and she is trying to verify if the 12" digital gauge cluster is standard on the BH and up. She only sees 3" on BH w/option for 7" and 7" standard on Laramie w/no option for 12". She did say the system has been glitchy and is gonna find out on this. Has anyone ordered and confirmed the 12' gauge is standard? She also mentioned the ecodiesel is only available on LH and Limited trims. I think that was mentioned before.
Hello all, new to the forum and first time posting. Just got home from the dealer and placed and order for a 2023 Laramie 4x4 , Ecodiesel. I’ve been wanting one and with the end coming soon I had to pull the trigger. no VON# yet it was just place. I hope this helps. Here’s

Attachments

• 84B78ED9-9106-45E5-A436-6C5E3094617B.jpeg
    84B78ED9-9106-45E5-A436-6C5E3094617B.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 61

rossagge

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the forum and first time posting. Just got home from the dealer and placed and order for a 2023 Laramie 4x4 , Ecodiesel. I’ve been wanting one and with the end coming soon I had to pull the trigger. no VON# yet it was just place. I hope this helps. Here’s
Congrats. That's good to know. It seems like some of the dealer's ordering systems are glitchy and do not show certain items. Was looking to get a Backcountry, but there is no diesel option for that trim. Would like the Ecodiesel as well, so I'll be looking at other trims that show it available. Thx!

Ruger

Reaction score
Congrats. That's good to know. It seems like some of the dealer's ordering systems are glitchy and do not show certain items. Was looking to get a Backcountry, but there is no diesel option for that trim. Would like the Ecodiesel as well, so I'll be looking at other trims that show it available. Thx!
Rossagge, I really wanted a rebel w/Ecodiesel but they no longer offer it for 2023. We went threw every configuration possible that was allowed with the options that I wanted and this was the closest that I could get to build it like I was going to do with the Rebel. Certain colors and options limit your ability to build what you really want. I didn’t want to wait to long on ordering because of supply chain issues and I just don’t trust them, that they won’t ending the production earlier then announced. After all they did have the ECO slated as an option for the Rebel until a few days ago.

rossagge

Reaction score
Rossagge, I really wanted a rebel w/Ecodiesel but they no longer offer it for 2023. We went threw every configuration possible that was allowed with the options that I wanted and this was the closest that I could get to build it like I was going to do with the Rebel. Certain colors and options limit your ability to build what you really want. I didn’t want to wait to long on ordering because of supply chain issues and I just don’t trust them, that they won’t ending the production earlier then announced. After all they did have the ECO slated as an option for the Rebel until a few days ago.
Yeah, I thought so too. When I spoke to Heather at MD earlier today, she stated the Rebel didn't have the Ecodiesel either, but it was offered for 22MY. I'm trying to build the truck I want, but it's a mess. This is gonna be for my wife, in which I still have to convince to get, Haha! But, it's got to be the right truck. We'll be getting rid of her Ranger Tremor and I figured a Backcountry or step up to the Rebel w/diesel, since we miss our diesel VW Touareg diesel and enjoy our 3500 Cummins. The system is just not making it easy right now. If we wait, it will be too late for an Ecodiesel and then trying to find one used, if we do, will be a nightmare!

Do you know if your Laramie will come with the 12" digital gauge cluster?

Bullitt2735

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought so too. When I spoke to Heather at MD earlier today, she stated the Rebel didn't have the Ecodiesel either, but it was offered for 22MY. I'm trying to build the truck I want, but it's a mess. This is gonna be for my wife, in which I still have to convince to get, Haha! But, it's got to be the right truck. We'll be getting rid of her Ranger Tremor and I figured a Backcountry or step up to the Rebel w/diesel, since we miss our diesel VW Touareg diesel and enjoy our 3500 Cummins. The system is just not making it easy right now. If we wait, it will be too late for an Ecodiesel and then trying to find one used, if we do, will be a nightmare!

Do you know if your Laramie will come with the 12" digital gauge cluster?
It already is! I also wanted to order a 23 rebel diesel and now am going to look for a 22 rebel diesel and its already getting difficult with dealers asking stupid prices for them

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Straight from the horses mouth. Production Jan 2023 Ecodiesel is done.
I'm intrigued by his quick "tease" comment about the upcoming Power Wagon, anyone hear what that might be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online