5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, they are that hard up on parts they chose to build a trim that came with a signature cosmetic detail in the previous years without it. Though not surprised, they removed lots of other standard things that were previously included in many due to parts constraints, just rarely is it ever a cosmetic detail.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, they are that hard up on parts they chose to build a trim that came with a signature cosmetic detail in the previous years without it. Though not surprised, they removed lots of other standard things that were previously included in many due to parts constraints, just rarely is it ever a cosmetic detail.
It was due to the chip shortage. The fender flares contained the Russian/Chinese/FederalGovernment microchips that control your thoughts.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So trying to piece together what the nuanced changes for 23 are, and the only thing I think I know for sure is that I should've made a 22 order!

First off, the 23 configurator on the website still seems to be garbage. At least for me, anything but the default configuration will not render the interior or exterior images or 360. This is a huge marketing tool, how do they let this go on like this (or is it just me??).

Second, scanning the listings for actual on the lot trucks, I am piecing some things together:

1. You can now get the Off Road Package on a Night Edition Limited, even though the configurator wont allow it. It was previously either / or.
    1. Autotrader - page unavailable
  2. Laramies indeed do seem to lack fender flares. This is pretty lame if you ask me.
  3. Laramies without the Night or Sport package now come with a dark / black headliner.
    1. I am personally tired of the "any color you want as long as its black" interior color options (and not just on Rams). Feels like sitting in a black hole, and its hot in the summer! I had been thinking of a regular Laramie because at least it had the light headliner & pillars above the beltline. Now they only non-all-black interiors can be had in the Longhorn or Limited Elite, which no thanks to the Chrome. This leaves the Rebel in some configs with Red on the doors and seats as the only relieve from black, but its still mostly all black. Would a little contrast kill you people??? Do we need to Night Edition all the things!
      /rant
  4. Laramies and Rebels with the Night package now have black door handles. Looks cheap to me.
    1. There are no Rebels on lots with Level 2 but without Night Edition.
  5. Laramies with Level 1 still have the 7" TFT dash from last year.
    1. There are no Laramies with Level 2 anywhere on lots.
  6. All Rebels come with the new 12" Digital Dash

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So trying to piece together what the nuanced changes for 23 are, and the only thing I think I know for sure is that I should've made a 22 order!

First off, the 23 configurator on the website still seems to be garbage. At least for me, anything but the default configuration will not render the interior or exterior images or 360. This is a huge marketing tool, how do they let this go on like this (or is it just me??).

Second, scanning the listings for actual on the lot trucks, I am piecing some things together:

1. You can now get the Off Road Package on a Night Edition Limited, even though the configurator wont allow it. It was previously either / or.
  2. Laramies indeed do seem to lack fender flares. This is pretty lame if you ask me.
  3. Laramies without the Night or Sport package now come with a dark / black headliner.
    1. I am personally tired of the "any color you want as long as its black" interior color options (and not just on Rams). Feels like sitting in a black hole, and its hot in the summer! I had been thinking of a regular Laramie because at least it had the light headliner & pillars above the beltline. Now they only non-all-black interiors can be had in the Longhorn or Limited Elite, which no thanks to the Chrome. This leaves the Rebel in some configs with Red on the doors and seats as the only relieve from black, but its still mostly all black. Would a little contrast kill you people??? Do we need to Night Edition all the things!
      /rant
  4. Laramies and Rebels with the Night package now have black door handles. Looks cheap to me.
    1. There are no Rebels on lots with Level 2 but without Night Edition.
  5. Laramies with Level 1 still have the 7" TFT dash from last year.
    1. There are no Laramies with Level 2 anywhere on lots.
  6. All Rebels come with the new 12" Digital Dash
I am no over the blacked out appearance. My Rebel lease is coming due and I chose to go Limited Elite just to get a change of scenery on the interior. I originally had planned to go Rebel GT. My Rebel is all black leather inside...no red trim anywhere...love the truck but over it for now. Looking forward to a change.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Minor changes to keep people interested until the 2024 mid-cycle refresh. Really interested in how the front and rear will look, along with any interior changes they may add along with the of course addition of the Hurricane 3.0L TT Inline.

If you are going to get a new RAM, wait until the 2024 model year is introduced. Even if you don't like the re-fresh, there will likely be plenty of 2023 for sale at discounts by the time the pictures of the 2024 is released for you to make that choice.
If you want a 5.7 V8 with all the bugs out and no issues with out being throwed together with what's left before changing over to the refresh the best year for new one would be 2023. If you want the new first year of the refresh which is never a good idea in my opinion wait until 2024. Then if the 2024 are not well accepted the left over 2023 will be higher priced than now and go very quickly!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a 5.7 V8 with all the bugs out and no issues with out being throwed together with what's left before changing over to the refresh the best year for new one would be 2023. If you want the new first year of the refresh which is never a good idea in my opinion wait until 2024. Then if the 2024 are not well accepted the left over 2023 will be higher priced than now and go very quickly!
Personally, I'd say stick to the 2021 or older. Available without etorque, and no Uconnect 5 issues

SD Rebel

Reaction score

You should still be able to get the 5.7L in the 2024 Refresh, but likely only with E-Torque. Even now, it's not like the 5.7L engine doesn't have known bugs like exhaust manifold bolts and roller pins. Though of course I would prefer it over the all-new Hurricane motor in terms of reliability, at least for now.

Also, it's a mid-cycle refresh, not a complete redesign, there is likely nothing to worry about on the new side of things since it's mostly cosmetic. They may actually fix some of the issues the pre-facelift trucks have, like maybe the rear window leaks.

I do get you on worrying about the first year of something new, but I've been lucky historically on my all new redesign purchases, most recent my 2019 has been flawless as was my previous truck before it, the then all-new 2015 F150 with 2.7L Ecoboost.

Last edited:

RBJ

Reaction score

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!​

Ram's Beloved Half-Ton Returns With A Few New Changes...​

View attachment 138327

The Ram 1500 (DT) returns for the 2023 model year, as the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency, performance, and convenience in the full-size pickup truck segment.

Since I understand you also run moparinsider, I thought (hope) you may be able to assist in answering my question specifically about Mopar’s newly advertised truck bed mat/liner designed to fit as a drop-in protective mat for RAM’s with the RamBox storage system. I have included a link to moparparts, which shows the advertised mat/liner however, the photo shows wheel wells in the truck bed, which a RAM 1500 with RamBox does NOT.
I own a 2021 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn with RamBox and MFT.
So far, my attempts to get a concrete answer from Mopar is unsuccessful.
  1. My simple questions are: is this Mopar mat, as shown on website) designed specifically for trucks with RamBox? (no cutting for fitment required).
  2. If so, is the rubber precision cut so it can simply be placed on the truck bed?

Drop-In Bed Liner For 5' 7" Rambox® Cargo Management System - Mopar (82215213AE)​

Thanks, in advance, if you can help.
RBJ

HemiDude

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 issues? What, am I the only one with Uconnect 5 and without issues?
I only get issues when they do OTA’s, and then apparently it fixes itself later and I’m back to fine 😄

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Weird part is, of 118 pilot vehicle built sheets, they haven’t built a single Bighorn with the 12” gauge cluster. All the Bighorns have 7” or 3.5” clusters.
When I ordered my 2023 Bighorn in November of '22, the 12" was not available due to supply chain issues. I ordered the level 2 option group which should have included the 12" screen. Now they have changed option group 2 to option group B and has the 12" screen..

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I ordered my 2023 Bighorn in November of '22, the 12" was not available due to supply chain issues. I ordered the level 2 option group which should have included the 12" screen. Now they have changed option group 2 to option group B and has the 12" screen..
Not sure if you're talking about the 12" Uconnect screen, or the 12" digital gauge cluster. The post that you replied to was talking about the cluster (and to this day, there still hasn't been a Bighorn built with the 12" digital cluster).

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if you're talking about the 12" Uconnect screen, or the 12" digital gauge cluster. The post that you replied to was talking about the cluster (and to this day, there still hasn't been a Bighorn built with the 12" digital cluster).
Yes' I was confused.

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
I only get issues when they do OTA’s, and then apparently it fixes itself later and I’m back to fine 😄
I've had mine since Jan 3rd, and over the past couple of months I mainly use Android Auto/PowerAmp to play my music. Usually I can run about 10 minutes, sometimes more, but in my 30 minute commute the connection between the phone and the truck will disconnect. Both, the music app AND display on my Uconnet 5 8.4" shows music playing but its not. So far the easiest way to remedy this is to ask RAM, (Hey Ram) to play music. Then it comes back telling me I have NO connected music,(which I'm guessing 'Hey Ram" isn't privy to because its connected through Android Auto), then after it tells me this my music comes back on. I haven't yet figured out if this 'issue' is phone,music app,Android Auto,Uconnect OR space aliens interfering with my life.:alien::alien:

Users who are viewing this thread