5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Minor changes to keep people interested until the 2024 mid-cycle refresh. Really interested in how the front and rear will look, along with any interior changes they may add along with the of course addition of the Hurricane 3.0L TT Inline.

If you are going to get a new RAM, wait until the 2024 model year is introduced. Even if you don't like the re-fresh, there will likely be plenty of 2023 for sale at discounts by the time the pictures of the 2024 is released for you to make that choice.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You mean the E-Torque is mandatory from now on with the 5.7L?
It appears so. There is no option currently shown for a non-eTorque 5.7L.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It appears so. There is no option currently shown for a non-eTorque 5.7L.

Gotcha, yeah I would prefer a simpler powertrain combo, but to be honest, the E-Torque is barely a hybrid. Even the light hybrid moniker is barely suitable, essentially a rubber band with a small battery. Though I don't like it takes up back seat floor space.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Gotcha, yeah I would prefer a simpler powertrain combo, but to be honest, the E-Torque is barely a hybrid. Even the light hybrid moniker is barely suitable, essentially a rubber band with a small battery. Though I don't like it takes up back seat floor space.
It takes up back seat wall space.

Last edited:

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has nearly the same complexity of beefier hybrids without all the benefits. 48v architecture, batter, motor, inverter, etc. No problem with it being standard if it added power and/or I could tap into the power a la PowerBoost. In current form, it's only potential is as a future liability, even if the chances of that are low.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does anyone believe there will be a market to pull off the e-torque and put it back to the way it should be?

I suspect not because failure rates really don’t seem to be that high to compel anyone to change that has one now. And anyone pre-opposed to the system enough to possibly consider the mod would probably just avoid eTorque entirely from the git-go.

Either way the idea of paying money to have stuff removed that you paid a mandatory premium for is an unfortunate position for Ram to put folks in.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I suspect not because failure rates really don’t seem to be that high to compel anyone to change that has one now. And anyone pre-opposed to the system enough to possibly consider the mod would probably just avoid eTorque entirely from the git-go.

Either way the idea of paying money to have stuff removed that you paid a mandatory premium for is an unfortunate position for Ram to put folks in.
if I wanted a regular hemi and all I could get is the etorque I might consider removing the etorque to just have a regular hemi.

lucky for me I was able to get a non etorque hemi

HemiDude

Reaction score

In theory I would absolutely consider this mod if the ET system had a major component failure. However, as I randomly add up the costs in my mind of replacing the mechanical and electronic pieces, I feel like I had better plan on keeping the truck for a long, long time

Idahoktm

Reaction score

If you want a Hemi powered Ram in 2023, you won't have a choice.

Dewey

Reaction score
does anyone believe there will be a market to pull off the e-torque and put it back to the way it should be?
I certainly hope so. Anything happens to any of my eTorque components out of warranty and this will no doubt be an option for me. I hate that system and wish I ordered without. My only regret with the entire truck. Really sucks they removed the option to order without in 2023.🤬

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't mind the e-torque system and have had no issues in 50,000 miles. That said as the truck gets older I wish I didn't have it either, one repair will cost far more the small amount of fuel that has been saved.

Gillytickle

Reaction score
I don't mind the e-torque system and have had no issues in 50,000 miles. That said as the truck gets older I wish I didn't have it either, one repair will cost far more the small amount of fuel that has been saved.
That's why I ordered my truck with the regular hemi.
Unfortunately, this regular hemi only made it to 1500 miles and needed to be completely replaced.
Now I have an 1800 mile truck on its second motor...

Users who are viewing this thread