5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Here Is Everything You Need To Know About The 2023 Ram 1500 (DT)!​

Ram's Beloved Half-Ton Returns With A Few New Changes...​

1662162080153.png

The Ram 1500 (DT) returns for the 2023 model year, as the no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, efficiency, performance, and convenience in the full-size pickup truck segment.

brad0985

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is accurate?

“The new digital gauge cluster is standard on all models starting with the Big Horn/Lone Star and up.”

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Weird part is, of 118 pilot vehicle built sheets, they haven’t built a single Bighorn with the 12” gauge cluster. All the Bighorns have 7” or 3.5” clusters.

GMetal

Reaction score
any info on that aux switch combo or better pics?

Txrebel22

Reaction score
Question. If Ram is only offering the 5.7 Hemi eTorque. With Engine start/Stop. Can this feature be disabled? It can on Ford and GM. Just curious as today I was told I can’t Order the 3.0L diesel either and the only option was the V6 or the eTorque for the 2023 Rebel.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6.2 availability in trims other than TRX and Rubicon would be desirable. GM offers the 6.2 LS ???
Considering the RAM 6.2l is supercharged Hellcat engines probably not. Would be nice to get the 6.4 in the 1500, but that will prob aly ever happen due to CAFE ratings. The 6.4l is available in the 2500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No mention about the rest of the Built to Serve trucks either for LEO and Paramedics.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Question. If Ram is only offering the 5.7 Hemi eTorque. With Engine start/Stop. Can this feature be disabled? It can on Ford and GM. Just curious as today I was told I can’t Order the 3.0L diesel either and the only option was the V6 or the eTorque for the 2023 Rebel.
You can shut it off with a button but it defaults back when you shut off the truck. I have heard of plug ins that can shut it off. I personally shut it off most of the time but let it do its thing a couple times a day so the system stays happy. 4 years with the Etorque no issues. I LOve the ED but the EPA F’s it up with all of their crap…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a temporary thing on the EcoDiesels. The official literature shows it as an option.

1662255489164.png

n8zcc

Reaction score
Here’s what was shown for 2022. It was split across pages, so the layout is funky.
For the 2022 Longhorn, the Pentastar mild hybrid was the standard engine, the HEMI was a $2300 upgrade over the Pentastar and the ECODiesel (which is what I ordered) was a $4995 upgrade. The same was true for the Laramie but not the Limited, it came with the HEMI and the ECODiesel was a $2300 upcharge.

1662378713486.png

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
What does DT Stand for?
"The short answer is that the Ram DT is the truck that is being sold as the Ram 1500 since 2019 (the 2020 model year), while the Ram DS is now called the Ram 1500 Classic. However, it is not that simple, as we shall see. So, if you are looking for a used truck, it is crucial for you to know the subtle differences between the Ram DT and DS so that you can make sure you get the right model for you. So today, we at Orange Coast in Costa Mesa, CA, are going to lay out the differences between the Ram DT and the Ram DS to give you a better understanding of which may be better suited for you. Let’s get started!"

or

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"The short answer is that the Ram DT is the truck that is being sold as the Ram 1500 since 2019 (the 2020 model year), while the Ram DS is now called the Ram 1500 Classic. However, it is not that simple, as we shall see. So, if you are looking for a used truck, it is crucial for you to know the subtle differences between the Ram DT and DS so that you can make sure you get the right model for you. So today, we at Orange Coast in Costa Mesa, CA, are going to lay out the differences between the Ram DT and the Ram DS to give you a better understanding of which may be better suited for you. Let’s get started!"

or
That's wrong because the 2019 model year was the start of the DT body/chassis.

They also incorrectly called the quad cab an extended cab. Extended cab trucks didn't have forward opening rear doors.

So not really a good source for accurate information

Second link is more accurate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread