5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight replacement

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the same exact LEDs for the low beams but they didn't fit they kept hitting the reflector in the low beam casing. How did you get them to fit??
I did everything except the low beams and then ended up returning them. Someone else who bought them said they needed resistors which I dont know how to do and they kept flickering so I bought these instead:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1OL356/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are good and white. I like them and were much easier to install and also cheaper.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
I just found a setup from rough country(I know I’m not a fan of their suspension) kits mounts in the front grill looks like two little 6” led light bars. I’m going to be adding that and their light bar kit that installs behind the grill mesh on the lower part of the front bumper. Also looking to change headlight bulbs and fog lights to leds
Here's some pictures of them. They look sweet, only thing I would do is black out the 2 bolts that look like chrome or stainless. I have that on my list of things to do. That & I was hoping to find a 30 0r 40 inch light bar for the lower grill but all I'm seeing is the RC 20". I did their 30" curved bar on my last truck, 2017 Colorado & it worked out fine & looked great!

Attachments

• 6inLED.jpg
    6inLED.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 6inLED2.jpg
    6inLED2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 6inLED3.jpg
    6inLED3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 118

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of them. They look sweet, only thing I would do is black out the 2 bolts that look like chrome or stainless. I have that on my list of things to do. That & I was hoping to find a 30 0r 40 inch light bar for the lower grill but all I'm seeing is the RC 20". I did their 30" curved bar on my last truck, 2017 Colorado & it worked out fine & looked great!
I was going to get this for my truck as well. then I saw the 5-6 hour install time which kinda blew me away. I also wanted to make these a DRL light but it looks to be a little to bright to be that.

Chlavey1

Reaction score
I have a 2019 new 1500, blackout edition.... with factory halogen :( I just did a swap to the factory mid-level LED front and rear. The rear were plug and play....the front....a challenge. The factory halogen have a 12 pin harness, vs the the LED being 16. I found the raw molex online, and built a harness. Requires 6 - 6ohm load resistors and four relays.... this is the only way I could make the truck to work exactly as the factory does, with no error codes. You have to wire 2 6ohm resistors in series, then parallel them inline with the parking lights wire and turn signal wires. The tricky part is then to wire a relay on each the turn signal and parking light connected to those circuits....if not, the load differential will cause the parking lights and turn signal to operate intermittently, and throw a light out error. Just finished this last night, so far so good. If to had to do again, would DEFINITELY pay the extra $995 when I bought the truck. I spent $618 on both rear lights and $520 a piece on the headlights. Super happy with the results!!

jchampm

Reaction score
Go to headlightrevolution.com. Best headlight bulbs around. They have reverse and fog lights as well. They don’t have interior bulbs yet. Install isn’t awful. The way I did it was take the screws out from the wheel liner and pull back the liner so you can easily get your hand behind it to reach the low beam bulb. The turn signals and the high beams are very easy to get from just opening the grill
Go on ebay and order the attached leds. I can vouch for them being very bright. Plug and Play, and I've had them half a year no problem. If they dont work when plugged in, flip the plug so thst they will have the proper polarity. These are VERY good and bright led bulbs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190819-010926.png
    Screenshot_20190819-010926.png
    301.8 KB · Views: 111

jchampm

Reaction score
I have a 2019 new 1500, blackout edition.... with factory halogen :( I just did a swap to the factory mid-level LED front and rear. The rear were plug and play....the front....a challenge. The factory halogen have a 12 pin harness, vs the the LED being 16. I found the raw molex online, and built a harness. Requires 6 - 6ohm load resistors and four relays.... this is the only way I could make the truck to work exactly as the factory does, with no error codes. You have to wire 2 6ohm resistors in series, then parallel them inline with the parking lights wire and turn signal wires. The tricky part is then to wire a relay on each the turn signal and parking light connected to those circuits....if not, the load differential will cause the parking lights and turn signal to operate intermittently, and throw a light out error. Just finished this last night, so far so good. If to had to do again, would DEFINITELY pay the extra $995 when I bought the truck. I spent $618 on both rear lights and $520 a piece on the headlights. Super happy with the results!!
Can I pay you to send me a diagram or make mines work?

jchampm

Reaction score
What lights did you use? Can you link them? Also any dash errors? Pictures maybe? Sorry for the amount of questions just super interested.
Go on ebay and order the ones I attached in the photo. I can vouche they are COMPLETELY plug and play and WORKS AMAZINGLY! THEY'RE BRIGHT AND QUIET. I've had mine 6 months now. Installed in 15 minutes. If they don't work when you plug them in, just flip the connector over and plug them back in to have the right polarity (+)(-). YOU WILL LOVE THEM AT THAT PRICE! I'M GONNA ORDER ANOTHER SET JUST TO HAVE, BUT THEY'RE BUILT NICE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190819-010926.png
    Screenshot_20190819-010926.png
    301.8 KB · Views: 82

dsn112

Reaction score
Support a small biz and a great guy and buy this harness, The build quality is excellent.

dsn112

Reaction score
Easy swap using the retro shop harness.

019a7aaf2cd76806f013bc296f90bf56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Go on ebay and order the attached leds. I can vouch for them being very bright. Plug and Play, and I've had them half a year no problem. If they dont work when plugged in, flip the plug so thst they will have the proper polarity. These are VERY good and bright led bulbs.
id try them but I already got these headlight revolution ones. Those seem pretty good.

Airbornecmc

Reaction score
That looks really good ... just need to find a deal on some salvage LED headlights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zim2323

Reaction score
Go on ebay and order the ones I attached in the photo. I can vouche they are COMPLETELY plug and play and WORKS AMAZINGLY! THEY'RE BRIGHT AND QUIET. I've had mine 6 months now. Installed in 15 minutes. If they don't work when you plug them in, just flip the connector over and plug them back in to have the right polarity (+)(-). YOU WILL LOVE THEM AT THAT PRICE! I'M GONNA ORDER ANOTHER SET JUST TO HAVE, BUT THEY'RE BUILT NICE.

Just bought a new 2019 1500 and I'm interested in LED lights but I've never done any research before. Not sure what I'm looking at.

When I look at HR's V.4's, they use the same bulb for both high and low, but they are still different lumin's. Is that because of the driver? If not, can I buy 2 pair of these from Ebay and use them for both high and low? What are the risks/downsides if any?

As far as the fog lights go, again, can I use the same bulb?

Thanks,
Chris

Jay Rho

Reaction score

Jakecukich

Reaction score
Have you noticed any let’s say.. super fast and disco-e strobing affect, with your LEDS? I’ve tried two brands now and they both are always lit and never flash on and off but they have a slight flicker to them. It’s confusing the hell out of me

Users who are viewing this thread