5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight replacement

BigBen

Reaction score
I was trying to decide between the OEM’s and the Morimoto XB headlights. I had decided to get the Morimoto because they have a 5 year warranty. Even the OEM’s only have a 1 year warranty if they didn’t come on your truck. I ended buying a slightly used set of OEM from another member here for a great deal so I went with them. But if / when the OEM’s go out I’ll go with the Morimoto for the warranty. After having these OEM LED’s I could never go back to the halogens. The light output difference is crazy

That's good to know. If I end up going that route I'll likely shell out the extra cash for the extra warranty, thanks

Greggo

Reaction score
If you're going to upgrade bulbs, buy good bulbs. Don't settle for junk.

I was wondering did you have to program for the GTR or the Novas. I have the 2021 bighorn with halogen as well. Had seen you video before coming to the forum and then found your post. But wasn’t clear on if they were truly plug and play. Any info on that part would be great.
Greg

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering did you have to program for the GTR or the Novas. I have the 2021 bighorn with halogen as well. Had seen you video before coming to the forum and then found your post. But wasn’t clear on if they were truly plug and play. Any info on that part would be great.
Greg

The headlights did not require programming, but the fog lights would occasionally blink and go out unless I set the computer to "LED Fogs" with the Tazer programmer.

Users who are viewing this thread