5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headlight replacement

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Yes, but how do they work when you turn on daylight running lights (DRL) mode? Do they support it properly?
I’m sorry I forgot to answer that part of the question. They still come on with the DRL. But instead of being dimmer like the normal bulbs do...these come on at full power. They don’t dim

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
What did everyone who swapped the bulbs out for the fog lights & low beams to LED do with the extra length of wiring? I put some electrical tape on it so it wouldn't rattle but trying to see if there is a better way to do it?

These are the bulbs I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ6F2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also replaced the cargo bed bulbs and reverse bulbs with LEDs. Those were much easier.
A lot of people crammed the wiring into the headlight assemblies which is a fine option. The led fogs that I bought didn’t have a lot of wiring so it was no probelm for me. I just bought some random amazon led fogs

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of people crammed the wiring into the headlight assemblies which is a fine option. The led fogs that I bought didn’t have a lot of wiring so it was no probelm for me. I just bought some random amazon led fogs

Yeah, I saw a video to cram the wiring into the high beam compartment for LED replacements but for the fogs it wont really fit so electrical tape hopefully keeps it up and out of the way unless I see someone else with a good idea to try.

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw a video to cram the wiring into the high beam compartment for LED replacements but for the fogs it wont really fit so electrical tape hopefully keeps it up and out of the way unless I see someone else with a good idea to try.
Where did you get your lights from?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how are they working for you? looks like $100 or so for lows and highs. thats cheap...

So far so good - only had them on a couple of days now. Just didnt install the low beams yet - hard to reach even after taking the whole filter out. May have to take the bumper paneling off.

Hadaway35

Reaction score
So far so good - only had them on a couple of days now. Just didnt install the low beams yet - hard to reach even after taking the whole filter out. May have to take the bumper paneling off.
Have you driven with them yet? I installed them tonight and they work fine until I start the truck then they flash 3 times and go out. I installed them in the fogs

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you driven with them yet? I installed them tonight and they work fine until I start the truck then they flash 3 times and go out. I installed them in the fogs

I didnt do the lows yet but the fogs I have had on with the truck running and no flashing occurred. I dont normally use the fogs unless its really dark so they have only been turned on a few times since but no issues as of now.

EJanx07

Reaction score
Any updates on where we can get the entire LED Headlight assembly’s?
Any aftermarket options yet? I don’t wanna waste that much money, on just LED bulbs. I like the style and look, a lot better on those, than just my standard halogen assembly look... wish I was more observant when I bought my 19’ Lone Star......

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I noticed my fogs flash when I am driving for some reason - did you figure out why yours were doing that?

Hadaway35

Reaction score
I noticed my fogs flash when I am driving for some reason - did you figure out why yours were doing that?
I had to install resistors on them. Driven it twice now and they work good

Hadaway35

Reaction score
In case anyone is looking at these I just bought the supernova v4 off headlightrevolution.com. used the code beast and got 15% off. the low beams came to $169 shipped. Figured I would share.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up buying different bulbs to simplify my life lol.

Just havent gotten to the low beams. Did anyone take the bumper panel off to replace those or what did you do?

Hadaway35

Reaction score
I ended up buying different bulbs to simplify my life lol.

Just havent gotten to the low beams. Did anyone take the bumper panel off to replace those or what did you do?
Tried for about 20 min to go from top with air box out. Unless you have kid size hands it's better to just take the front of the wheel liner off,fold it back and reach in that way.

19BigHorn57

Reaction score
I just found a setup from rough country(I know I’m not a fan of their suspension) kits mounts in the front grill looks like two little 6” led light bars. I’m going to be adding that and their light bar kit that installs behind the grill mesh on the lower part of the front bumper. Also looking to change headlight bulbs and fog lights to leds

Users who are viewing this thread