5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does 2020 Ram 1500 still has AC not cool enough problem?

Moparluver

Reaction score
I have two of these trucks now, both A/C's perform the same. For those who think the A/C is adequate, here's what I would say. Under 90 degree's It is adequate, 90+ on a humid day, it's not adequate. Without humidity it's probably adequate up to 95 degrees. If you are one of these people that's ok with your house @ 78 degrees, your going to be ok with this A/C. If you like your house at 74 or less and temps get over 90 degrees in your area, you need to do the hack.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Mine worked fine traveling through Arizona where the temps reached 113 and we were driving for hours with the temp set at 74-75 with no problems.

was also on the outer banks with almost 100 degrees and 100% humidity without any issues.

might be a personal preference thing

Moparluver

Reaction score
Mine worked fine traveling through Arizona where the temps reached 113 and we were driving for hours with the temp set at 74-75 with no problems.

was also on the outer banks with almost 100 degrees and 100% humidity without any issues.

might be a personal preference thing
what temp do you keep your house at?

turkeybird56

Reaction score
OK, well Tuesday and I did research, and found that earlier built RAMS (New DT MY 19) have HVAC Module control issues ref cooling, and there is a TSB put out ref the earlier built vehicles. Getting to 100-110 here (And yes, friggin hot in the middle of TX between heat index's and humidity), and AC was doing OK, but running around town, not so much, better when air moving over condenser. Yesterday, went to Dealership (I called on Tuesday and talked to another SA, mine was on vacation, and got info on TSB out). SO had TSB HVAC module reflashed and AC working better, even had to turn down a lil and redirect vents. Seems like TSB changed how AUTO works on ATC Dual systems and had fan pushing more Air. Now I do not go around putting a meat thermometer in my vents, so on that aspect cannot speculate. Will also attach TSB for PPL. Now my Truck is an April 2018 Build that I bought 1 Aug 2018. I have also had all the recalls done for this particular truck and build date. Good Luck to all ref AC issue.

MY only question, has ne one seen any TSB's on single HVAC controlled systems? Posting TSB below.

Attachments

• 00000000c0f0936e.pdf
    29 KB · Views: 65

turkeybird56

Reaction score
what temp do you keep your house at?
76 degrees, I am fortunate have double roof on house and natural brick. My only issue is I do need to upgrade winders, just friggin expensive. I keep auto on truck set at 66-68. 66 for long pants, 68 for shorts, LOL.......

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK, well Tuesday and I did research, and found that earlier built RAMS (New DT MY 19) have HVAC Module control issues ref cooling, and there is a TSB put out ref the earlier built vehicles. Getting to 100-110 here (And yes, friggin hot in the middle of TX between heat index's and humidity), and AC was doing OK, but running around town, not so much, better when air moving over condenser. Yesterday, went to Dealership (I called on Tuesday and talked to another SA, mine was on vacation, and got info on TSB out). SO had TSB HVAC module reflashed and AC working better, even had to turn down a lil and redirect vents. Seems like TSB changed how AUTO works on ATC Dual systems and had fan pushing more Air. Now I do not go around putting a meat thermometer in my vents, so on that aspect cannot speculate. Will also attach TSB for PPL. Now my Truck is an April 2018 Build that I bought 1 Aug 2018. I have also had all the recalls done for this particular truck and build date. Good Luck to all ref AC issue.

MY only question, has ne one seen any TSB's on single HVAC controlled systems? Posting TSB below.
Interesting...no issues on my 8/18 build 2019 DT for the past 22 months except it’s slow to start heating in winter. Maybe they changed modules before mine was built.

(And I keep the house between 68-72) ;)

turkeybird56

Reaction score
This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after January 08, 2018 (MDH 0108XX) and on or before September 20, 2018 (MDH 0920XX) equipped with Air Conditioning (Sales Code HAA) with Air Cond ATC W/Dual Zone Control (Sales Code HAF). ::: Dunno, dual U have dual Zone/ATC Control??? The TS B appplies to ATC with DUal Control on Dates manufactured above.

I have no heating issues, average time. IT is the AC where I have issues and if it gets too hot, I have a clamp and can always clamp down the water pump output hose to get more cooling ref AC...

WELL, since I had the TSB done yesterday, 7=16=20, I believe what it mostly does is change the way the blend doors/actuators work since it was a flash for the HVAC Module. Not sure if it closes the doors more and inhibits water pump to heater core flow (tho I highly doubt it, prob have to do Hack ref valve or clamp), to get cooler air as opposed to equaling the sides of the truck ref Drivers/Pax cooling.

U

User_3336

This TSB doesn't apply to most of the people commenting on the a/c performance because of the build dates affected.

This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after January 08, 2018 (MDH 0108XX) and on or before September 20, 2018 (MDH 0920XX) equipped with Air Conditioning (Sales Code HAA) with Air Cond ATC W/Dual Zone Control (Sales Code HAF).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This TSB doesn't apply to most of the people commenting on the a/c performance because of the build dates affected.

This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after January 08, 2018 (MDH 0108XX) and on or before September 20, 2018 (MDH 0920XX) equipped with Air Conditioning (Sales Code HAA) with Air Cond ATC W/Dual Zone Control (Sales Code HAF).
That’s the full-spec (Auto A/C) in all of the higher-trim trucks, right? Like mine?

Fidomac

Reaction score
Does 2020 Ram 1500 still has AC not cool enough problem? I know this has been an issue plaguing 2019 models. I did some digging. People are getting 50-60 at the vent as opposed to 37-42 found in Fords. I really like how Ram rides but I simply cannot stomach a poorly performing AC. I wonder if there’s any updates regarding that. Should I wait for the 2021 f150?
I had a adjustment done of the mix-door on my 2019 limited...made a HUGE difference. I don't know if this is an electronic adjustment or mechanical.

Fidomac

Reaction score
There are ALLOT of people not happy with their AC on this and two other forums with 19's and 20's. Problem is I can't see on any of the three forums if anyone's dealer actually agreed and FIXED it. All this chatter about moonroofs, black interior, and large interior is BS, you build and equip to acommdate for those factors. When I put my thermostat on my 07 F150 on 65 my teeth would be chattering, I put my 19 on 64 I'm still warm. I am taking it in soon to the dealer and won't settle for "it's working to specs....."
You are correct..... I took it to the dealer twice and they told me it was performing "up to specifications" I told them I wasn't satisfied with that and would go to FCA..... they managed to come up with a fix for the mix door that solved the problem

PostPremium

Reaction score
You are correct..... I took it to the dealer twice and they told me it was performing "up to specifications" I told them I wasn't satisfied with that and would go to FCA..... they managed to come up with a fix for the mix door that solved the problem
Did you record vent temps before and after they did the adjustment?

KcRay

Reaction score
Would love to see a copy of your repair ticket. What did they actually do?

5Lugs

Reaction score
Interesting discussions. My 2019`s AC for no reason just shuts off when in auto. This has happened 3 times in 2 weeks. I can then hit the off button wait a sec and then hit the AC and it works great.

Paultg

Reaction score
Interesting discussions. My 2019`s AC for no reason just shuts off when in auto. This has happened 3 times in 2 weeks. I can then hit the off button wait a sec and then hit the AC and it works great.
That could be quiet a few things. First step is usually checking the refrigeration levels and for leaks. Also make sure you can see water draining out of the truck when the AC runs (sort of confirming evaporator isn’t frozen).

turkeybird56

Reaction score

Yessir, and I posted that info in there. There are other multiple TSB's also on issues ref years etc. My neighbor has a 2019 6-19 Build Lonestar Single Zone, with the same cooling issues. NE Body know of any TSB's applicable to that Truck Build date???

turkeybird56

Reaction score
That’s the full-spec (Auto A/C) in all of the higher-trim trucks, right? Like mine?

AUTO, Dual Temp Zone on the Build Dates indicated. It is a flash for HVAC Module and Actuator/.Blend doors controlled electronically.

Users who are viewing this thread