5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetePA

Reaction score
It's strange that these guys work this hard ranting against an engine
Agree. I honestly can't figure it out, unless it's just trying to avoid buyer's remorse on both sides of the aisle.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Thats OK, cool aid on isle 5, what do you expect, do you want me to be a yes man and drink grape cool aid, I don't like the others. This website is open to all opinions, to dump an iconic V8, for a tiny 3.0 I6 will get strong opinions. Its why I bought a low milage 2020 5.7 non eTorque Bighorn, simplicity is what I like, and the Hurricane is anything but simple. BTW I got 21 MPG crossing I40 for a total of 4K+ miles I did keep it at 65 mph though. Going to the Left Coast I got 21.2 mpg. That was hand calculated running 10% MMO at every fill up.
Franklin KY to Visalia CA, 2135 miles/100.744 gallons = 21.2 mpg, going I40, I10
Driving @ Squaw Valley Ca and Fresno Ca, 524 miles/26.651 gallons = 19.66 mpg
This includes hwy, mountain and city driving.
Visalia CA to Franklin KY, 2237 miles/109.513 = 20.4 mpg, going through SoCal, Phoenix then back to Interstate 40.

I wonder what the Hurricane will get with actual hand calculated MPG like I posted crossing the USA.

nelson68w

Reaction score
Good news your delivery date is likely wrong. Unless it's railed to Milwaukee, it should be there within a week after it's ready to ship.

Production only takes a day or two. If it started May 20th, I'd be wondering why it's not done (unless it went to the accessory building for a spray in liner or something).

View attachment 183888
Hopefully you’re right on the time to ship. And yes, I ordered the bedliner.

Good news your delivery date is likely wrong. Unless it's railed to Milwaukee, it should be there within a week after it's ready to ship.

Production only takes a day or two. If it started May 20th, I'd be wondering why it's not done (unless it went to the accessory building for a spray in liner or som

Damn was hoping to scroll down and see you ordered a limited or tungsten 😂 congratulations though

edit: also I believe it’s because of the shutdown that’s gonna happen sometime over the summer there will be a 2-3 week period where they are shut down so that pushes production back 2-3 weeks
Sorry to disappoint, good luck with yours.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did I read this correct, your claiming the Ford Powerjoke is a maxed out V8, which I agree? Thats my point with the Hurricane, small engine with max HP/TQ.
I was thinking about a side subject we were posting here about the Mercury 150 Pro XS outboard. That engine is an inline 4 cylinder, and pay attention, its displacement is 3 liters.
That was a joke and poking fun at other comment claiming the Hurricane was maxed out.

AleksanderSuave

Reaction score
You've been here a month dude.

Here's hoping Ram builds your truck.... seems they haven't been doing that much with SOLD orders. Back in 2018 I had mine ordered, built, and delivered in no time (ordered 4/27/18, built 6/1/18, and I had it about a week after)... but that was before Stellantis F'd things up....

Me being here a month somehow prevents me from asking people to stop trying to derail a thread focused on discussing the 2025, with irrelevant whining about their end of life current engine, that literally no one is asking for..?

I’ll let you know if for some odd reason my truck doesn’t get built. You enjoy the depreciation on yours in the mean time.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why would the UAW workers that build the Hurricane know anything about issues? Just sensationalized videos I posted that some can't take the time to actually watch.
UAW workers don’t build the hurricane since it’s built in Saltillo Mexico, at the same plant the 5.7 hemi is built.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me being here a month somehow prevents me from asking people to stop trying to derail a thread focused on discussing the 2025, with irrelevant whining about their end of life current engine, that literally no one is asking for..?
Are you new to forums entirely or just this one?
I’ll let you know if for some odd reason my truck doesn’t get built. You enjoy the depreciation on yours in the mean time.
As if your truck won't depreciate?!

I've had my current one just over a year (paid cash) and it's value is within a few grand of what I paid.... your 2025 will surely depreciate much more than my paid for '19....as soon as you drive it off the lot!

Stellantis has something going on with the 2025s and it's not good. There is no good reason why they are building them and parking them in holding lots (some states away) vs shipping them out to dealers. Could by as simple as a missing part, but who wants a vehicle that's been moved around into many different holding lots?

RVTRKN

Reaction score

Your getting off on the wrong foot, if you think this thread was derailed. The way I see this thread, the only issue not related to the 2025 Hurricane posted, was about an outboard boat motor. Even then, it was indirectly related to it, being a 3.0 I4 motor.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see why there's an issue comparing a supercharged 5.7 to a turbocharged 3.0 I6? They are both modified with boost...no?

Too bad they didn't put direct injection in the Hemi, they could have saved millions over the Hurricane investment.

The peeps saying newer DI motors don't have carbon build up issues. Yeah, like I said, those have port and direct injection to keep it clean ( the Hurricane does not). But why do any research before stating an opinion.

Why would the UAW workers that build the Hurricane know anything about issues? Just sensationalized videos I posted that some can't take the time to actually watch.

The 5.7 worked well in my 2004 Ram 2500 4x4. Even had 2 mechanics comment that they were impressed with the power in it. Didn't even have a tune, just a CAI and Magnaflow muffler.
The Hurricane isn't "modified". It's a factory engine that was built to be a turbo engine. So no, they aren't both modified when comparing a supercharged 5.7 to a Hurricane. And I'd bet the Hurricane will outlast any supercharged 5.7 Hemi.

You can't just switch an engine from port injection to DI without major redesign. It was cheaper to just design a new engine that can be used in far more vehicles.

I see Jimmy already addressed your false info about UAW building the Hurricane.

Nobody is saying the Hemi was a bad engine. Shoot, they used it for over 20 years with only minor changes. But that doesn't mean the Hurricane isn't a better engine for modern times. The old 318/360s were good engines. Used for almost 50 years in multiple different platforms. But I don't see you holding on to that engine like you are the 5.7.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't see why there's an issue comparing a supercharged 5.7 to a turbocharged 3.0 I6? They are both modified with boost...no?

Too bad they didn't put direct injection in the Hemi, they could have saved millions over the Hurricane investment.

The peeps saying newer DI motors don't have carbon build up issues. Yeah, like I said, those have port and direct injection to keep it clean ( the Hurricane does not). But why do any research before stating an opinion.

The 5.7 worked well in my 2004 Ram 2500 4x4. Even had 2 mechanics comment that they were impressed with the power in it. Didn't even have a tune, just a CAI and Magnaflow muffler.

No. One is factory stock, the other aftermarket modified with no warranty

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thats OK, cool aid on isle 5, what do you expect, do you want me to be a yes man and drink grape cool aid, I don't like the others. This website is open to all opinions, to dump an iconic V8, for a tiny 3.0 I6 will get strong opinions. Its why I bought a low milage 2020 5.7 non eTorque Bighorn, simplicity is what I like, and the Hurricane is anything but simple. BTW I got 21 MPG crossing I40 for a total of 4K+ miles I did keep it at 65 mph though. Going to the Left Coast I got 21.2 mpg. That was hand calculated running 10% MMO at every fill up.

I wonder what the Hurricane will get with actual hand calculated MPG like I posted crossing the USA.

No, no one expects that and you stated your opinion. Here's where it turns; you continue to spend time in a thread about people wanting to buy the new truck/engine trying to tell them why the new engine is already a failure while spouting BS that exposes your clear lack of understanding on how engines actually work, you know, like your comment of the hurricane being complicated because it can "see" combustion.
You don't like the engine, cool, you stated your opinion. Move the F on then because cleary no one other than silver shares yours and his misinformed opinions.

PetePA

Reaction score
I know where the engine is built. I'm sure the UAW knows nothing about it's issues was the point.

It's just funny how defensive people can be on these forums. Pride and ego's.
And on relentless missions to avoid buyer's remorse by trying to get others to see their viewpoints :ROFLMAO:

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Stellantis has something going on with the 2025s and it's not good. There is no good reason why they are building them and parking them in holding lots (some states away) vs shipping them out to dealers. Could by as simple as a missing part, but who wants a vehicle that's been moved around into many different holding lots?

What’s going on is the soon to be 30k of them on dealer lots aren’t selling and they have 2022 model years still on lots. So if they’re being parked it’s because they have no dealers to buy them. It’s not a problem with the trucks themselves it’s a problem with the truck market in general even Tacomas and Tundras aren’t selling. Most people on this sub are waiting for the tungsten or limited models which aren’t being built yet most likely due to parts shortages.

You comparing this to ford with the 2024 model is completely different because ford didn’t ship any 2024’s out and parked them all for months. Then it came out that there were issues with them that needed to be fixed to avoid a recall. Stellantis is shipping these vehicles out. The issues is there are like 18k 2024 model year trucks that haven’t sold yet because trucks are too ****ing expensive and interest rates are way to high.

PetePA

Reaction score
What’s going on is the soon to be 30k of them on dealer lots aren’t selling and they have 2022 model years still on lots. So if they’re being parked it’s because they have no dealers to buy them. It’s not a problem with the trucks themselves it’s a problem with the truck market in general even Tacomas and Tundras aren’t selling. Most people on this sub are waiting for the tungsten or limited models which aren’t being built yet most likely due to parts shortages.

You comparing this to ford with the 2024 model is completely different because ford didn’t ship any 2024’s out and parked them all for months. Then it came out that there were issues with them that needed to be fixed to avoid a recall. Stellantis is shipping these vehicles out. The issues is there are like 18k 2024 model year trucks that haven’t sold yet because trucks are too ****ing expensive and interest rates are way to high.
The data I have posted shows they're selling 2024s at about 183/day. Slow considering they have 18k+ in stock. However, at that rate, they'll all be sold by the end of 2024.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know where the engine is built. I'm sure the UAW knows nothing about it's issues was the point.

It's just funny how defensive people can be on these forums. Pride and ego's.
Yet here you are responding and getting defensive

dammitbobby

Reaction score
The data I have posted shows they're selling 2024s at about 183/day. Slow considering they have 18k+ in stock. However, at that rate, they'll all be sold by the end of 2024.
I’d be curious to see how the 2025’s are selling vs the 2024‘s id assume worse since you can get a better deal on a 2024.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone here reported that they are seeing 2025 Rams parked in Belvidere, IL, which is a 5+ hour drive from where the Rams are built, so I'd say there are many they aren't shipping out. They should be building 500+ of these a day, but there aren't that many on dealer lots.

And with many folks on here waiting on Limited and Tungsten's, the price and interest isn't a factor. I'm seeing new Fords and GMs with temporary tags, so the market is far from dead.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’ve said it before but I think the carbon buildup on DI engine a myth, and way overblown.

Directly, I’ve personally seen inside 2 DI-only Ecoboosts including my own and they were both squeaky clean in the valves.

Anecdotally, I’m also active on other less squabbly EcoBoost forums where carbon buildup just isn’t a problem anyone has.

Oil changes are key and lack thereof will promote carbon buildup on any engine.

Now you might say turbo engines have other issues such as being overly complex, and I’d agree. Ask me why I’ve been inside 2 of them…

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Someone here reported that they are seeing 2025 Rams parked in Belvidere, IL, which is a 5+ hour drive from where the Rams are built, so I'd say there are many they aren't shipping out. They should be building 500+ of these a day, but there aren't that many on dealer lots.

And with many folks on here waiting on Limited and Tungsten's, the price and interest isn't a factor. I'm seeing new Fords and GMs with temporary tags, so the market is far from dead.
The people on this forum are a small minority compared to everyone else truck shopping. Price and interest are a huge factor for most people. I only have the numbers which ram advertises on their website, 17k 2025‘s on dealer lots, 11k in transit and another 11k being built. My theory is they’re not shipping because they’re not selling, simple as that. I truly believe it’s just poor management. It wouldn’t have hurt to keep the discounts on the 2024 models higher or offer some kind of other incentive because now they’re just flooding the market. Ford and GM have decent incentives right now so I don’t doubt they’re selling better than ram.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The people on this forum are a small minority compared to everyone else truck shopping. Price and interest are a huge factor for most people. I only have the numbers which ram advertises on their website, 17k 2025‘s on dealer lots, 11k in transit and another 11k being built. My theory is they’re not shipping because they’re not selling, simple as that. I truly believe it’s just poor management. It wouldn’t have hurt to keep the discounts on the 2024 models higher or offer some kind of other incentive because now they’re just flooding the market. Ford and GM have decent incentives right now so I don’t doubt they’re selling better than ram.
Could be. Stellantis has the most days on hand of any major manufacturer, but there's gotta be a reason they pulled incentives on the '24s so soon.

I wonder which category the built and sitting on a Stellantis lot trucks are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/