5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetePA

Reaction score
I’d be curious to see how the 2025’s are selling vs the 2024‘s id assume worse since you can get a better deal on a 2024.

It's really hard to tell with the ram website. 2024s are easy since there are no more being added to the inventory pool. I haven't looked at any financial reports, but I imagine they just report out total units and not by year. That said, once 2nd quarter results come out we should be able to deduce how many sales were 2025 since we know 2024 quantities... that is, if they split it out by 1500, 2500, etc.

PetePA

Reaction score
I'm shocked I tell you. My bum is flat on the floor. I was told tiny turboze would get better mpg, cure cancer, and bring fresh rain to a dry and thirsty land.

Nope. The only thing they really do is outperform the Hemi.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We pretty much knew that the Hurricane wasn't going to get better mpg, it does make more power and cuts emissions by 50% with roughly the same mpg as before. So progress?

In the end, the Hurricane is a compliance engine to meet EPA standards, not CAFE. It also has hybrid potential baked in, which is another positive along with being able to fit into a larger range of vehicle types, like Jeeps for mainstream use.

BowDown

Reaction score
We pretty much knew that the Hurricane wasn't going to get better mpg, it does make more power and cuts emissions by 50% with roughly the same mpg as before. So progress?

In the end, the Hurricane is a compliance engine to meet EPA standards, not CAFE.

Exactly, it simply performs better and makes more power with the same fuel consumption

silver billet

Reaction score
Which is all anyone has said.
I've not seen anyone say the mpg was better

I was going to stay away from this thread but you can't even remember what you wrote 2 days ago.

BowDown

Reaction score
I was going to stay away from this thread but you can't even remember what you wrote 2 days ago.

Fuel economy isn't the same thing as miles per gallon.
An engine making more power with the same fuel consumption of a lower power engine is more fuel efficient, ergo, economy.

Notice that I specifically did not say MPG. Another swing and a miss.

As for staying away from this thread, you failed that with your "im shocked" post

silver billet

Reaction score

In the end, the Hurricane is a compliance engine to meet EPA standards, not CAFE. It also has hybrid potential baked in, which is another positive along with being able to fit into a larger range of vehicle types, like Jeeps for mainstream use.

What I want to know is how much worse (emissions) the 5.0 is vs the 2.7 and 3.5s from ford. Because that updated 5.0 is where its at these days, it's the best v8 in the segment. Tons of power vs the size (even if down low it's a little less vs our 5.7), excellent fuel economy, tows really well.

Alex Getty on YT has towed with all the half tons and its clear that the ecoboosts suck back fuel something fierce, especially towing. The 5.0 is so close to the 3.5 in performance (even beating the hemi) and gets better fuel than the EB.

Ram missed the mark by not offering an all new v8. Something like the 5.0 (DOHC, dual ignition) but a little bigger in size to get the power numbers up a little more.

BowDown

Reaction score
What I want to know is how much worse (emissions) the 5.0 is vs the 2.7 and 3.5s from ford. Because that updated 5.0 is where its at these days, it's the best v8 in the segment. Tons of power vs the size (even if down low it's a little less vs our 5.7), excellent fuel economy, tows really well.

Alex Getty on YT has towed with all the half tons and its clear that the ecoboosts suck back fuel something fierce, especially towing. The 5.0 is so close to the 3.5 in performance (even beating the hemi) and gets better fuel than the EB.

Ram missed the mark by not offering an all new v8. Something like the 5.0 (DOHC, dual ignition) but a little bigger in size to get the power numbers up a little more.

And the screaming at the hurricane in the sky continues...
Posts 3 more times since deciding to stay away

silver billet

Reaction score
Fuel economy isn't the same thing as miles per gallon.
An engine making more power with the same fuel consumption of a lower power engine is more fuel efficient, ergo, economy.

Notice that I specifically did not say MPG. Another swing and a miss.
Oh look, more spin! I'm shocked again.

Fuel economy = mpg, ask any one what the fuel economy of their truck is. Go to fueleconomy.gov.

As for staying away from this thread, you failed that with your "im shocked" post

This thread keeps on giving.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Not sure, but the 5.0L is emission compliant enough for Ford to keep offering until the end of the next gen Mustang, clearly very efficient when compared to their Ecoboost line. As we know, GM updated their V8s for the next gen, spending about 1 billion dollars, with the first of that compliant V8 coming on-line in 2028 in the new Corvette and then their trucks.

Totally agree on RAM not offering an all new V8, I blame Stellantis corporate culture that may not understand Americans well enough. The previous FIAT president understood American truck culture, stated it was like owning a horse for a cowboy, lol, not too far off.

silver billet

Reaction score
Not sure, but the 5.0L is emission compliant enough for Ford to keep offering until the end of the next gen Mustang. As we know, GM updated their V8s for the next gen, spending about 1 billion dollars, with the first of that compliant V8 coming on-line in 2028 in the new Corvette and then their trucks.

Totally agree on RAM not offering an all new V8, I blame Stellantis corporate culture that may not understand Americans well enough. The previous FIAT president understood American truck culture, stated it was like owning a horse for a cowboy, lol, not too far off.

Agreed, I have no doubt this is Stellantis which is why Tim Kuniskis had to leave.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And Ram keeps the title for worst fuel economy...
I think Toyota still holds that

I wonder why Ford doesn't even bother to offer the 5.0 in the Expedition anymore? It is down to about 25% of F-150 sales and Mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread