5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see my dealer had some killer deals on the 2024 Limited model and I was looking to upgrade. I see the new 2025 will have the I6 hurricane and I was curious if anyone knows anything about this new engine. I see that they have it in the new Grand Waggoner. Has anyone heard anything about it. Is it reliable? I don’t know whether to get a 2024 for a deal or wait for the 2025.

Punderwo

Reaction score
I see my dealer had some killer deals on the 2024 Limited model and I was looking to upgrade. I see the new 2025 will have the I6 hurricane and I was curious if anyone knows anything about this new engine. I see that they have it in the new Grand Waggoner. Has anyone heard anything about it. Is it reliable? I don’t know whether to get a 2024 for a deal or wait for the 2025.
No one can tell you reliability, it's too new.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would go on the Jeep Wagoneer forums and see if they are talking about any issues.

The 2025 is a pretty mild refresh to be honest, no sheet metal changes at all, just bolt on parts like the headlights, grill and bumpers. The interior includes a slightly larger center screen and an optional passenger screen.

The big change is the switch to the Hurricane, unless you spend at least 78,000 MSRP on a higher trim, you can forget about the High Output version. Which leaves only the SO version, while making a bit more power, actually has reduced payload and tow ratings while only have 1 mpg higher rating. As the owner of previous turbo engines, I can tell you that ratings is probably going to be a lot lower in the real world when compared to a NA motor.

I wouldn't mind the Hurricane if it has some personality, waiting to see the production version and take a test drive. I'm sure there will be some left over 2024s or even 2023s by the time the 2025 is available since the 2025 production begins in February I think?

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
The other big upgrade is the standard safety and lighting features. Unless you are buying a 2024at the very top with the right packages the 2025 makes LED headlights standard and auto high beams standard. Also standard is lane keep assist and blind spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise. If you get a top end 2024 for a good deal then go for it.

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
Yes! I ordered a Tungsten through Mark Dodge and I just received my build confirmation email today! I'm super stoked!!
Nice! Did they give you a decent deal? If you don’t mind me asking. Also, what color did you get and did you add any of the standalone options?

dcchris311

Reaction score
Nice! Did they give you a decent deal? If you don’t mind me asking. Also, what color did you get and did you add any of the standalone options?
Yeah, I feel like Mark Dodge gave me a fairly good deal, especially with it being a 2025MY. I ordered it in Diamond black pearl, yes I know a pain to maintain but I love the mirror finish after a good detail. The options/packages I ordered it with are Onboard Power System, Multi Function Tailgate, Off Road Group, Trailer Tow Group. I also got the Towing Technology Group but it should be getting removed since it comes with Chrome mirrors and I dislike Chrome on my vehicles, I'll have to reach out to Mark Dodge tomorrow to make sure the package was removed.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes! I ordered a Tungsten through Mark Dodge and I just received my build confirmation email today! I'm super stoked!!
Are you able to share the price range that the truck was in? I am curious if the Tungsten is 90,000 or like 100k+. I am looking at the Tungsten for 2025 but didn’t know what options I would want or need. Are dealers allowing you to build one for 2025 right now?

dcchris311

Reaction score
Are you able to share the price range that the truck was in? I am curious if the Tungsten is 90,000 or like 100k+. I am looking at the Tungsten for 2025 but didn’t know what options I would want or need. Are dealers allowing you to build one for 2025 right now?
Yea. With all the options I picked, the MSRP was $93.3k and it would be closer to $100k with TTL before a down-payment. I'm actually getting my Tungsten in the $80k-$84k range with the deal that's offered by Mark Dodge. I won't disclose the deal they offer, you'll need to reach out to them for that, but it's a very nice chunk off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea. With all the options I picked, the MSRP was $93.3k and it would be closer to $100k with TTL before a down-payment. I'm actually getting my Tungsten in the $80k-$84k range with the deal that's offered by Mark Dodge. I won't disclose the deal they offer, you'll need to reach out to them for that, but it's a very nice chunk off.
Not really anything to disclose lol.

Dealer Discount
EngineORDERPRODUCTIONSTARTINGMinimumMARK DODGE
OFF MSRPChoiceSTARTSTARTMSRPDiscountStarting Price
TradesmanTBDV6 or Hurricane SOJANUARY2/5/2024TBDTBDTBD
Bighorn11.50%V6 or Hurricane SONOW2/5/2024$53,530$6,156$47,374
Rebel11.50%Hurricane SONOW2/5/2024$66,190$7,612$58,578
Laramie12.50%Hurricane SONOW2/5/2024$66,320$8,290$58,030
Limited12.50%Hurricane HONOW3/5/2024$77,150$9,644$67,506
Longhorn12.50%Hurricane HONOW3/5/2024$77,645$9,706$67,939
Tungsten12%Hurricane HONOW3/5/2024$89,150$10,698$78,452

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like Mark Dodge gave me a fairly good deal, especially with it being a 2025MY. I ordered it in Diamond black pearl, yes I know a pain to maintain but I love the mirror finish after a good detail. The options/packages I ordered it with are Onboard Power System, Multi Function Tailgate, Off Road Group, Trailer Tow Group. I also got the Towing Technology Group but it should be getting removed since it comes with Chrome mirrors and I dislike Chrome on my vehicles, I'll have to reach out to Mark Dodge tomorrow to make sure the package was removed.
I am most likely going to work with Mark Dodge. What do you think about the white leather on the Tungsten? Are you nervous it will stain like crazy?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
White leather? How do you spell "protection package"..,

I had the ivory cream interior on our 19 and while we didn't have problems, a lot of people talk about denim transfer from certain kinds of blue jeans.

Have you ever heard that old advertisement "I could've had a V-8". 😮🤣

Hope you enjoy your truck when you get it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Uhh, did you reverse those numbers? You said you paid $13k more than msrp.

"I didn't realize that Anthony had posted it, I don't really go looking at other threads. BUT with that being said, my truck was a $94.3k and my MSRP is $80k."

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
White leather? How do you spell "protection package"..,

I had the ivory cream interior on our 19 and while we didn't have problems, a lot of people talk about denim transfer from certain kinds of blue jeans.

Have you ever heard that old advertisement "I could've had a V-8". 😮🤣

Hope you enjoy your truck when you get it.
This is my concern. I'll probably go limited and get a different leather color since white leather sounds like stain city. I have never had white leather and it seems like it might be an issue for me.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I am most likely going to work with Mark Dodge. What do you think about the white leather on the Tungsten? Are you nervous it will stain like crazy?

Yeah, I'm a bit terrified of staining the interior in general, only because I have a 6yr oldboy and a 2yr old boy. I'll be doing a ceramic coating on the interior as soon as I get it home. I might do the plastic wrapping that our grandparents did to their sofas from back in the day haha. The interior has been used before on the 4th gen tungsten or whatever model offered in the 5th gen and they all seem to have positive feedback.
Uhh, did you reverse those numbers? You said you paid $13k more than msrp.

"I didn't realize that Anthony had posted it, I don't really go looking at other threads. BUT with that being said, my truck was a $94.3k and my MSRP is $80k."
My build MSRP before the discount was $94.3k and with the MD discount it's ~$80k now.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
A 6 yr old and a 2 year old, boys?? Based on my 6 and 3 year old grandsons, I'd say to go by Harbor Freight, their moving blankets or blue poly tarps might be needed...
They do have good prices on them though.

Utahjazzman

Reaction score
Is there any way to get a limited w/o the ram box cargo management?

Jake1050

Reaction score
Just going on a hunch but I feel the Hurricane is too different for a company like Chrysler/Stelantis to get perfect on the first try. I mean how many first year MDS engines are still on the road? I'm not poo pooing the new stuff because I can't afford it. I'm just not that much of a risk taker ( and I can't afford it LOL ) Even the second year is too early for problems to start showing up. Look at how long direct injection was around before we found out they were fouling their intake valves.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That's pretty crazy... I got $18.5K off of a year old 2023 2 weeks ago and you are getting a day old 2025 new model with 14.3K off?
"Sucks to be me" ha ha 😮🤔🤣

Users who are viewing this thread