5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone getting a 2025 with the I6 Hurricane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's talking about 2500's?
No turbos in real trucks? Powerstrokes, cummins, duramax's and all heavy trucks have turbos. Back away from the crack pipe...bro 😂

Turbo gasser. That shouldn't have to be explained to you in the context of the previous posts talking about hurricanes and ecoboosts but hey, play stupid, why change your strategy now?

I had a 5.7 in the 2500. They thought they should put a 4.56 rear in it... weak engine.

It would not pull crap, and was very slow. It sucked.

The 5.7 with a 4.10 was rated to tow more than the 6.4 with the 3.73.

It probably could have benefited from being matched to the 8 speed.

Turbo gasser. That shouldn't have to be explained to you in the context of the previous posts talking about hurricanes and ecoboosts but hey, play stupid, why change your strategy now?

You said real trucks don't have turbos brainiac.
Here's a thought, you don't buy a hurricane truck and don't worry about everyone else's decision

You said real trucks don't have turbos brainiac.
Here's a thought, you don't buy a hurricane truck and don't worry about everyone else's decision

What I said, several times, is that Ford doesn't put turbos (gassers) in their 2500s. They instead spent millions developing the 7.3 for the super duty. The ecoboost puts out similar power numbers, so why wasn't it used my clueless friend?

Two reasons:
1) duty cycle
2) mpg

Not my words, these are the words from the Ford engineer himself.

Which I told you to look up on TFL but of course you won't research any of this, you'll just sit here and pretend you know what you're talking about.

The 5.7 with a 4.10 was rated to tow more than the 6.4 with the 3.73.

It probably could have benefited from being matched to the 8 speed.

Well anyone that has been around towing stuff for any length of time knows that ratings
are BS.

Some people light a match, only to watch it burn. No longer worth my time. You can't reason with ......

Well anyone that has been around towing stuff for any length of time knows that ratings
are BS.

I agree with you in principal. The GCWR is less useful than it seems.

But J2807 is the standard here, and it measures 0 to 30 etc. The 5.7 with the better gear ratio would actually have to beat the 6.4 with the lower gear ratio in various acceleration tests in order to have the higher tow rating.

What I said, several times, is that Ford doesn't put turbos (gassers) in their 2500s. They instead spent millions developing the 7.3 for the super duty. The ecoboost puts out similar power numbers, so why wasn't it used my clueless friend?

Two reasons:
1) duty cycle
2) mpg

Not my words, these are the words from the Ford engineer himself.

Which I told you to look up on TFL but of course you won't research any of this, you'll just sit here and pretend you know what you're talking about.

Post the duty cycles

southpark_deadhorse.png

Those who aren't interested in buying one, why are you wasting so much of your free time repeatedly telling everyone else? Just dont buy it. Very simple

I spent some time combing through the wagoneer forums. Didn’t find any reported problems with the hurricane engine most people raved about it and said how much they loved it even when compared to the hemis that were in previous wagoneer generations

Stop muddying up this thread with actual research and facts as it overshadows peoples opinions. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

southpark_deadhorse.png

Those who aren't interested in buying one, why are you wasting so much of your free time repeatedly telling everyone else? Just dont buy it. Very simple

Have you looked at my message count? I'm not here just to talk about the hurricane. Been here pretty much since the beginning. Its a discussion forum meant (in part) for enthusiasts of all stripes to discuss all sorts of topics.

You don't have to agree with everything ram does or everybody else's opinion. Others can still benefit from a discussion like this, its how I know to avoid etorque without actually owning one.

But have no fear, I am moving on (y)

a men the horse is dead already. the hemis gone right or wrong so there is no sense dragging out the pain over it.

Your mistaken, my comments were not coming from a place/attitude about the hemi being the best (it isn't), its about the poor replacement for it and how I'll have to look elsewhere if I crash my current truck.

southpark_deadhorse.png

You've been here a month dude.

Here's hoping Ram builds your truck.... seems they haven't been doing that much with SOLD orders. Back in 2018 I had mine ordered, built, and delivered in no time (ordered 4/27/18, built 6/1/18, and I had it about a week after)... but that was before Stellantis F'd things up....

Last edited:
I spent some time combing through the wagoneer forums. Didn’t find any reported problems with the hurricane engine most people raved about it and said how much they loved it even when compared to the hemis that were in previous wagoneer generations
Thats good to hear, but the Eco Diesel had the same rep, until they put it in a Ram truck.
The powerchoke may make more HP and TQ on paper, but as another in this thread may say, it's a "maxed out" V8. Go to any drag strip or truck pull competition and look around to see what is the most popular engine being used. Hint, it's not a V8
Did I read this correct, your claiming the Ford Powerjoke is a maxed out V8, which I agree? Thats my point with the Hurricane, small engine with max HP/TQ.
I was thinking about a side subject we were posting here about the Mercury 150 Pro XS outboard. That engine is an inline 4 cylinder, and pay attention, its displacement is 3 liters.
Bull. My LS block weighs less than 110 Lbs yet can reliably hold 1200 flywheel HP and last 100K miles, plenty of them doing it.

Um, no
2 different engines
Fact- aluminum blocks are weaker than cast iron. Wow they get 100K miles on that engine, I'm hoping for double that on my Hemi.

I hate to burst your bubble Bro, ;) but the X15 Cummins engine in the semi's are not the same engine in the Ram. The 5.9 B series was designed for medium duty trucks, A lot of Fed Ex trucks run that engine as well as busses. The X15 Cummins is a great engine, and if you can afford your own "warranty station" you can turn up the power and scream from Coast to Coast.
The stats which show a 5.7 in the 2500 for decade+ and still going strong? That stat? The ones that show there are no turbos used in real trucks that take a beating (like said 2500)?

Even a simple man can draw the line between those 2 dots but I guess you need a map with crayons or something. 🤣
I'm sorry Silver Billet, The 5.7 Hemi in a 2500 is a poor choice, talk about wearing out an engine. The 6.4 is better, but high RPM towing would be its life.
I had a 5.7 in the 2500. They thought they should put a 4.56 rear in it... weak engine.

It would not pull crap, and was very slow. It sucked.
Yup I agree.

Thats good to hear, but the Eco Diesel had the same rep, until they put it in a Ram truck.
True, but the wagoneer and grand wagoneer are heavier than the ram 1500 and built on the same chassis. It’s not putting a mid sized suv engine in a truck it’s putting a truck engine in another truck. That’s not saying the hurricane is tried and true tested but it could be much worse.

The most interesting thing in the Wagoneer forums was the 6.4L Hemi failures.

This isn't even true. I went and looked at the Jeep forums after you mentioned this the first time and that diesel motor had issues even in the Jeeps. You should check the dates on the posts in there.

Did I read this correct, your claiming the Ford Powerjoke is a maxed out V8, which I agree? Thats my point with the Hurricane, small engine with max HP/TQ.
I was thinking about a side subject we were posting here about the Mercury 150 Pro XS outboard. That engine is an inline 4 cylinder, and pay attention, its displacement is 3 liters.

Fact- aluminum blocks are weaker than cast iron. Wow they get 100K miles on that engine, I'm hoping for double that on my Hemi.

I hate to burst your bubble Bro, ;) but the X15 Cummins engine in the semi's are not the same engine in the Ram. The 5.9 B series was designed for medium duty trucks, A lot of Fed Ex trucks run that engine as well as busses. The X15 Cummins is a great engine, and if you can afford your own "warranty station" you can turn up the power and scream from Coast to Coast.

I'm sorry Silver Billet, The 5.7 Hemi in a 2500 is a poor choice, talk about wearing out an engine. The 6.4 is better, but high RPM towing would be its life.

Yup I agree.

Try reading, no one said Al blocks were stronger than iron blocks.

The most interesting thing in the Wagoneer forums was the 6.4L Hemi failures.

This isn't even true. I went and looked at the Jeep forums after you mentioned this the first time and that diesel motor had issues even in the Jeeps. You should check the dates on the posts in there.

It's strange that these guys work this hard ranting against an engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back