5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Ok, you've repeatedly said it, so don't buy a 2025 1500. No one's asked why not to buy a hurricane equipped truck, why do you persist being negative towards it muddying this thread?
OK, and they/you repeatedly challenge with questions or claims that the Hurricane is less complicated over the Hemi, and I repeatedly answer. As I posted in the past, I believe now that the Hurricane is better than the current competitors offerings with their V6's. And BowDown, your continuation of bulling has left me with a thought that the cool aid that FCA is pouring, your adding alcohol to it, and I've learned nothing from you. The last video posted was a rare negative review of the Hurricane, but he expresses my fears of a small turbo charged engine producing the power needed to surpass the Hemi. Its this thread that has opened my eyes to the new engine, and real owners experiences has impressed me (Thanks @azzx). Although for a few who bash members here, learning the new engine has been a good experience, and will be waiting for the data from real owners of this new engine. I won't buy one because I don't need a new truck, nor do I want to convert to a smaller engine bringing more HP, its just my opinion, good or bad, its my opinion.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
OK, and they/you repeatedly challenge with questions or claims that the Hurricane is less complicated over the Hemi, and I repeatedly answer. As I posted in the past, I believe now that the Hurricane is better than the current competitors offerings with their V6's. And BowDown, your continuation of bulling has left me with a thought that the cool aid that FCA is pouring, your adding alcohol to it, and I've learned nothing from you. The last video posted was a rare negative review of the Hurricane, but he expresses my fears of a small turbo charged engine producing the power needed to surpass the Hemi. Its this thread that has opened my eyes to the new engine, and real owners experiences has impressed me (Thanks @azzx). Although for a few who bash members here, learning the new engine has been a good experience, and will be waiting for the data from real owners of this new engine. I won't buy one because I don't need a new truck, nor do I want to convert to a smaller engine bringing more HP, its just my opinion, good or bad, its my opinion.

No, you're being challenged because the "information" your offering is false. The people making the comments like the following:
but he expresses my fears of a small turbo charged engine producing the power needed to surpass the Hemi
These people clearly do not understand how an engines work or the fact stronger grade materials exist and are incorporated to alleviate this as being a problem.

If you've learned nothing and or perceive me as bullying you, which I haven't, thats on you. Nearly every negative you expoused regarding the Hurricane engine has been proven to be false with facts and at this point you're only giving, and repeatedly at that, your negative uninformed opinion of the engine.
We heard you the 1st 50 times.

Fact of the matter us that this is the new engine for the Ram, people in this thread are interested in true facts, not made up conjecture and opinion. You've made numerous comments that to me indicate that you do not have the understanding of ICE's that you purport to possess. You admit that you won't buy one yet here you continue to rant about the truck.

I'm here because I do intend to buy one, not in 25, but when the extended warranty expires on my current truck.
Your comments have only served to distract from this thread while offered zero facts. You cited one video as evidence to support your opinion will ignoring 1000's of videos claiming the hemi is a flawed design (valvetrain), a group of people that I also find FoS and lacking basic understanding of how an engines oiling system works, Ex. "The Hemi doesn't lubricate the lifters at idle" or "the old style lobes are better". Then you get pissy when someone with actual experience corrects you. This alone would make me believe that you'd want out of a hemi powered vehicle asap.

The reality of the matter is that you and a few others don't like the move to the TT I6. Guess what, dinosaurs didn't like the direction the planet was going, where are they? In the Hurricanes crankcase lubricating forward progress.
Adapt or get left behind

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Nice video, not really my experience with my test drive though. But also 0-60 driving isn’t standard driving. I didn’t experience any turbo lag and I found the power extremely linear and smooth in the hurricane. Whereas when I drove the hemi it’s not that it seemed to be lacking power in low rpms but it seemed to hesitate if you really got into the peddle to accelerate quickly, whereas with the hurricane there was no hesitation at all just quick linear acceleration. That’s what really sold me between getting a left over and getting a new 2025.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are now approximately 70 pages of "armchair engineering" in this thread. It's been entertaining at times and petty a little too often. The bottom line, I think, is that we'll all find out how reliable the new engine and its variants really are over the next 3-5 years.

I'm (once again) thinking of locking this one and moving on. Quick consensus? :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are now approximately 70 pages of "armchair engineering" in this thread. It's been entertaining at times and petty a little too often. The bottom line, I think, is that we'll all find out how reliable the new engine and its variants really are over the next 3-5 years.

I'm (once again) thinking of locking this one and moving on. Quick consensus? :)
Let the butthurt continue. Let it become the next gear ratio thread.

stevieb92

Reaction score

Go for it. Seems the horse died quite a few pages ago... ;)

AleksanderSuave

Reaction score

seems valid at this point, Im pretty sure there's a whole other thread for actual purchased 2025s and their experiences. This has become more or less a dumpster fire.

If only there was a section on this forum to have discussions about the hemi engines, that could be separate from this topic. :rolleyes:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is entertaining at times, but really provides very little useful information. I wouldn't miss it if it went away

PetePA

Reaction score
This thread is entertaining at times, but really provides very little useful information. I wouldn't miss it if it went away
Agree. I unwatched it several times. Tons of opinions, almost like a political debate at the dinner table with Democrats = Hemi and Republicans = Hurricane.

;):ROFLMAO:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There comes a point in every thread wherein no new information is presented, where all meaningful discussion has ceased, where personal insults start to surface or escalate, and the various sides of the discussion have either made their case or chosen to abstain; it is at that point that the thread should be closed.

The thread in question, IMHO, reached that point early on, and the fact that it was permitted to go on beyond that point should be viewed as an indication that most of the members of this community are valued well beyond the worth of the thread's content.

Those of you that took the high road and contributed without hurling personal insults are to be commended. There rest, well, you know who you are and should, perhaps, reflect on your behavior towards your fellow forum members, all of them are diehard truck guys.

Y'all are lucky I was on the road and Speedy jumped in to lock-r-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread