5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Can I get a large v8 with a supercharger instead for my next Ram 1500?
Would it kill em to just give us the engine options and charge us whatever these "fees" are that they are 100% not getting away from with this turbo I6 engine anyways?
Cars have passed the gas guzzler tax along to consumers for years, trucks and SUVs can't trigger that tax or else that would get passed along to us too.
Profit on profit it seems
I like the way you think.
They incorporated the 1500 "classic" model to keep the old style.
Call this the 1500 "Hemi" model. :cool:

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
RAM is already giving incentives!! An offer popped up while I browsed their website for the 100th time today. Unfortunately it'll probably expire before I even get the truck.....
yeah I get that popup when I go to ram site. I am waiting until I know the truck is coming before trying to get that

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This might be the new April Incentives for the 2025 rams. Nothing yet on the Tungsten it just says contact your dealer.

dcchris311

Reaction score
So I looked at the RAM website to see if they have begun building more HO equipped trucks, but it still remains at 5. So I did another search for trucks optioned with the 14.4" screen and there are 0 in production/transit/etc. All the trucks that are currently getting built are either the 8" or 12" Uconnect screen.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The hurricane is a tiny motor with a turbo that is wringing it to within an inch of its life every time it runs. It's a light duty passenger car engine.
Sorry…you’ll need to “show your work” to receive credit for this answer. Otherwise, it’s an unsubstantiated claim that fails to demonstrate any engineering knowledge of the engine’s design. One could even label this as trolling…

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
So I looked at the RAM website to see if they have begun building more HO equipped trucks, but it still remains at 5. So I did another search for trucks optioned with the 14.4" screen and there are 0 in production/transit/etc. All the trucks that are currently getting built are either the 8" or 12" Uconnect screen.
I was wondering about that. of the limited trucks being built none have level 1 which is where the 14 inch screen comes into play. seems they would have some of these on hand it's not like the option wasn't planned for from the very start.

PetePA

Reaction score
They may be starting simple in order to hit the market as close to their Q1 goal as possible. Once the market is somewhat full, I can't imagine they won't increase trim levels, paint colors, etc.

I have some running data and charts. I'll post in a couple weeks.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry…you’ll need to “show your work” to receive credit for this answer. Otherwise, it’s an unsubstantiated claim that fails to demonstrate any engineering knowledge of the engine’s design. One could even label this as trolling…

Sorry ... not my job to save you from yourselves, I've said enough on this as I already mentioned several times. I'll just be back to say "told you so" once the reports come rolling in 🤣

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went and test drove a 2025 Laramie. I did not like the interior at all but I am used to the Limited trim level. I was mainly interested in seeing how the engine drove. It was very quiet and the drive felt the best of any of the 6 turbos I have driven by car. The auto start stop I barely noticed. I know it only has the SO engine but it did seem really quick compared to my V8. The city road driving was little bit clunky but it was brand new so it probably needs some break in time. There was a bunch of traffic so I wasn’t able to test the turbos as much as I would like but spots where I could rev it up it did well. The Laramie I drove was I think around 71k. No running boards, no automatic tailgate, ram boxes, but it did have the night edition. All around it made me more excited for the HO engines to come out to see how they feel on the road.

The dealer also mentioned that they had a White, Limited, with the Level 1 group on order in “C” status which was odd since it wasn’t on the Ram website so I wonder if there are more Limiteds/Tungstens on order then the website actually reports which wouldn’t surprise me since their websites are mostly terrible.

Seems like things are moving along.

PetePA

Reaction score
I went and test drove a 2025 Laramie. I did not like the interior at all but I am used to the Limited trim level. I was mainly interested in seeing how the engine drove. It was very quiet and the drive felt the best of any of the 6 turbos I have driven by car. The auto start stop I barely noticed. I know it only has the SO engine but it did seem really quick compared to my V8. The city road driving was little bit clunky but it was brand new so it probably needs some break in time. There was a bunch of traffic so I wasn’t able to test the turbos as much as I would like but spots where I could rev it up it did well. The Laramie I drove was I think around 71k. No running boards, no automatic tailgate, ram boxes, but it did have the night edition. All around it made me more excited for the HO engines to come out to see how they feel on the road.

The dealer also mentioned that they had a White, Limited, with the Level 1 group on order in “C” status which was odd since it wasn’t on the Ram website so I wonder if there are more Limiteds/Tungstens on order then the website actually reports which wouldn’t surprise me since their websites are mostly terrible.

Not sure what C status is, but I do know that you could order Tungstens as of a couple months ago at least.

You cannot order certain colors though - that's the only limitation I'm aware of.

Maybe C status is on order but not started yet? That would make sense why the white limited wouldn't be on the website yet.

PetePA

Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured out... It's Confirmed status. Next week I'll share color and trim data. In summary, the proportions for the various trims and colors they're manufacturing have remained unchanged for at least a week.

BowDown

Reaction score

Keep in mind that the power you felt was likely reduced by the PCM if the truck wasn't at 500 miles given they limit power on all the other boosted engines. Probably would have felt even better had it been past the break-in limits

pensfan

Reaction score

What do you mean it felt clunky? Transmission shifting, odd throttle response, or something else.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the power you felt was likely reduced by the PCM if the truck wasn't at 500 miles given they limit power on all the other boosted engines. Probably would have felt even better had it been past the break-in limits

I haven't read the 2025 owner manual, so I'm not sure about any PCM limitations. I have heard about some cars having it, but most of the time it's not true. The TRX launch control will not work in the first 500 miles. Other than that, it makes full power from the second it leaves SHAP.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

nice write up, it makes me feel a little better as well. (I thought C status was just order confirmation?)

Users who are viewing this thread