5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else Frustrated with Tow Package removing features?

alantry

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out the issue, but this kind of explains it for me. The mirrors tilt down in reverse for better street view then return to driving position in P or D? Mine definitely don't do this at all.

So, yes there is an option for mirrors to tilt in reverse then return to original setting once put into park/drive. But it only works if the mirrors/truck have the option.

From others posts, I've seen where those that do have it activated, say it is terrible since it pushes the mirrors too far down. I like using it for curb parking since where I live is tight quarters to begin with. With it being 2019, I really have no idea why this isn't just a standard option on all vehicles (even more so for the Ram trucks that are equipped with the advanced safety package)

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, yes there is an option for mirrors to tilt in reverse then return to original setting once put into park/drive. But it only works if the mirrors/truck have the option.

From others posts, I've seen where those that do have it activated, say it is terrible since it pushes the mirrors too far down. I like using it for curb parking since where I live is tight quarters to begin with. With it being 2019, I really have no idea why this isn't just a standard option on all vehicles (even more so for the Ram trucks that are equipped with the advanced safety package)

I have a limited and I had to turn on the features through the uconnect apps. It works well for show you parking lines and works well with the tow mirrors. If I didn't have tow mirrors I would just use the 360 surround view to show me the lines.

notqwik

Reaction score
The auto tilting mirrors on my truck work mostly - sometimes they do not return to the proper position after shifting into drive.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone that I heard back from FCA today. They pretty much said they understand everyone is frustrated and they haven't done enough to inform dealers and consumers. I'll post the email if the representative says I can. I told them that I wanted everyone in this forum to hear what FCA had to say. I'll post more when I can. Thanks to everyone participating. I also directed the FCA rep to this site if they wanted to find out what people really think of their trucks. @RamCares .

djeazie

Reaction score
The 4.5 gen won't be the fix either. It uses the same cab as the 4th gen. So it will use 4th gen tow mirrors. And the 4th gen tow mirrors do not fit the 5th gens. Believe me I tried. I took the tow mirrors I purchased separately when I had my 4th gen and tried to put them on my new 5th gen. They WONT work. Completely different mounting type between the two. They look similar but they are NOT the same mirrors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Georgian996

Reaction score
I am doing my best of getting a hold of someone at FCA or Ram. I tried social media and the RamCares.com website and they promptly closed my ticket when i raised awareness of this issue. I went back to my dealer today and spoke with them. I told them I want them to make sure all new buyers are aware of this $400 tow package debacle and make sure new customers are aware of what they are getting and losing. My dealer had no idea that it removed 360 surround view, or power folding. They also didn't know that it cost $400 to get the tow package and there was no discount on the features that were removed. I told them I wanted them to forward my email to their managers and representatives at FCA and Ram. I also told them i want someone to call me so I can talk to them directly. I referenced this and several other form post that I am not the only one who had the issue. I will keep you updated on what i hear back and if they do find the time to help me I will make sure to reference anything they tell me. I don't have high hopes but it is a start. The General Manager said he would do his best to move this to his FCA/Ram reps.

I also wanted to say thanks for everyone who is posting on this because the more people we get posting and raising awareness the more likely we are to get something done. Thanks!
@RamCares

Georgian996

Reaction score
Count me as another who did not see they were deleted. I bought my limited on Jan 1 to get the benefit of FCA big finish cash before it might have gone away and it was already at the dealer. Mine had the Ram Boxes which they were not many around so I thought it might be an upgrade. I had not signed onto this site until after I bought the truck unfortunately. I don’t care too much about the camera (would be nice though) as my F150 platinum trade only had the back camera so I am already used to it. But I used the power fold regularly when parking in croweded lots with my F150 and disappointing to see I don’t have it on what is a more expensive truck.

kjn86

Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone that I heard back from FCA today. They pretty much said they understand everyone is frustrated and they haven't done enough to inform dealers and consumers. I'll post the email if the representative says I can. I told them that I wanted everyone in this forum to hear what FCA had to say. I'll post more when I can. Thanks to everyone participating. I also directed the FCA rep to this site if they wanted to find out what people really think of their trucks. @RamCares .

Thanks for keeping the pressure on them. Something for early customers from FCA would go a long way to improving morale. Replacing them with standard mirrors and modules for a reasonable price ($500?). They already owe us a credit for the $400 we paid for the "upgrade" as I see it.

notqwik

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the pressure on them. Something for early customers from FCA would go a long way to improving morale. Replacing them with standard mirrors and modules for a reasonable price ($500?). They already owe us a credit for the $400 we paid for the "upgrade" as I see it.

X2

Rich

Reaction score
For me losing the heated mirrors is huge, folding is second. If I knew I could get trailer brakes without losing the mirror features, that would have helped! No one pointed this out to me, and I was at a few different dealers.

notqwik

Reaction score
Can’t believe it would be that hard to enable the heated mirror if you bought a replacement with the heater element.

Old Ray

Reaction score

Rich

Reaction score
I'm sure they won't do anything for those of us that already own the truck, but perhaps they can update their documentation and dealer training to be sure potential owners know what they are losing with the Tow package.

kjn86

Reaction score
I'm sure they won't do anything for those of us that already own the truck, but perhaps they can update their documentation and dealer training to be sure potential owners know what they are losing with the Tow package.

Just did a quick review of every Rebel at my local dealership...90% have the tow package. Many less Limiteds did though. I can't believe why it's such a common add-on. Far less had 33-gal tank or wheel well liners, which are much more useful.

Maple

Reaction score
Just did a quick review of every Rebel at my local dealership...90% have the tow package. Many less Limiteds did though. I can't believe why it's such a common add-on. Far less had 33-gal tank or wheel well liners, which are much more useful.
Those are the ones that are left after all the good trucks were purchased. I know I skipped over hundreds in my search. Got really good at recognizing the tow mirrors if they had real pictures, and real quick at finding the group on the options list for those that didn't (really made me wish for a "does not have" selection on the website search).

kjn86

Reaction score
It was't,................. the dealers for their intial stock inventory orders did not know what was included in that package becuse FCA did not tell them. They just orderd them blind. Red hot special sale on tow mirror trucks coming soon though.

None of these Rebels were there on the lot 4 months ago when I got mine, so they weren't initial stock and are left over now. These were well after everyone was clear on the two mirror difference (or should have been).

Users who are viewing this thread